1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Imperator - BlueSmurf Strikes Back (Website Updated 23/08/09)

Discussion in 'Modding Worklogs' started by BlueSmurf, Mar 29, 2003.

1. OP
    OP
    BlueSmurf

BlueSmurf Dream it. Build it.

Sitrep. The Imperial Shipyard is back in operation.

IMG_8127.JPEG IMG_8121.JPEG

There are two bits of damage that I need to fix first. My GF broke this a few days ago while cleaning and didn't tell me.... It's the main bridge sensor array.

IMG_8122.JPEG

And something that I last set out to fix in 2013 and got shelved when I found myself unexpectedly made redundant. The detailing on the engine got damaged and I removed it so I could redo it.

IMG_8124.JPEG IMG_8123.JPEG

Luckily, the plastic I clamped up in 2013 to put curves in it is still ready to roll.. you can see it wrapped around the can of beans.

All of the plastic kit parts and styrene shapes are ready to go.. note the label on the white box. By garn it's been a while.

IMG_8120.JPEG

Of course after so many years all of the glues have dried out, so I won't be getting any of the repairs done this week. I've lost count of how many of these Zap glues I've turfed without even using them.

PIzza oven - I didn't end up building one as my GF at the time bought me a Fornetto Alto woodfired multipurpose smoker oven for Christmas like this one:

external-content.duckduckgo.com.png

It does make damn good Pizza, brisket and ribs. Recommended.

151528, mad_mic3 and Agg like this.
  2. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

Thanks!

3. OP
    OP
    BlueSmurf

BlueSmurf Dream it. Build it.

Update on what's been happening in the Imperial Shipyard.

I needed to get some more styrene extrusions for the engine repair, and then spent today wondering why the f@#$ I chose to use H-beam extrusions to curve around the inside of the engine. H and I beams are used where you don't want things to bend.

Sensor array is repaired.

IMG_8145.JPEG

Styrene Extrusions - the old ones had yellowed and become brittle so I got some new ones.

IMG_8147.JPEG IMG_8148.JPEG

Cutting and gluing details

IMG_8155.JPEG IMG_8157.JPEG

Then the fun bending of the H-beams into the inside of the engines so I can attach the exterior detail ring.

IMG_8158.JPEG IMG_8159.JPEG IMG_8160.JPEG

Found another repair job, the Acrylic stand needs some love. Ordered some some SCIGRIP Weld-On #16 to sort that out.

IMG_8146.JPEG

Now I'm going to have to figure out what I'm tackling next. I guess it will be continuing the kitbashing and drilling more holes for the fibre optic lighting. I ordered some more 0.5mm drill bits for that. $11 per bit and you only have to look at them wrong and they break.

Now that I have my own CNC machine.. I'd have done this differently.

BlueSmurf.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021