The Last of Us Part II

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by power, Dec 4, 2016.

1. miicah

miicah Member

Pretty shit they explicitly said you wouldn't have to

but then you are forced to so you can complete the story.

Spoiler tags not working?

2. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yeah I squinted then too my TV does like 750nits it was bright!

Shame u don't have ps4 pro. Think it's just lower res. Hopefully no other sacrifices.

3. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

HDR is a must for this game!
    Naughtydogs lighting system is simply stunning.

ChinoPD and walker_2003 like this.
  4. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Good HDR yes. A Shame in game mode on the Samsung QLEDs it slightly lowers color volume to keep input lag down.

Zero issues with OLED that have full IQ in gaming. I want OLED :upset:

Fingers crossed LG change mind and bring the 48" to Aus. 4k HDR Gsync 120hz :eek:

5. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

With spongy games with big aiming butter zones like TLOU and red dead game mode is probably pretty unimportant

6. dainese

dainese Member

after seeing of the coments in youtube reviews, it really looked like the comunity had decided the game's fate already, maybe partly for humour and likes. i adored the first and hope to sink my teeth into second soon.

looks like you guys are having mostly a good time

ChinoPD likes this.
  7. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

A Sony 65X8500D. What’s yours?

8. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

I wouldn’t worry yourself with the hate the game is just being targeted by the troll army.
    12,000 negative user reviews when The game has only been out 1hr is just silly.

The game is fantastic and the story will upset you and fuck with your emotions but that is why I love it and prob what made the first one so goddamn good. The fact that the gameplay and visuals are crazy good is just a bonus.

ChinoPD likes this.
  9. dainese

dainese Member

Excellent. Thanks.

Is the consensus that it's still a good experience on standard PS4? Noting I don't have a 4K TV, but just a FULL HD Sony 55" of several years age

10. tonner78

tonner78 Member

I have a standard PS4 on a Sony 55" of several years ago. Full HD only.

It's an amazing game, and it looks amazing on my TV... No doubt it would be even better on PS4 pro and 4K. But I don't feel like I'm missing out badly.

ChinoPD likes this.
  11. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Don’t. I have an older 55” Sammy HD TV and still looks awesome.

12. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

55" Samsung 2019 Q75R (Q70 in USA)

And got a 75" version in loungeroom.

ChinoPD likes this.
  13. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Noice! My next upgrade will be OLED for sure.

14. connico

connico Member

The underlying issue here is, the first game was excellent, in both visuals, gameplay and storytelling.

The sequel just had to do the same... Visuals check, gameplay same (so check), the storytelling... not so much. The hate is real because the storytelling is so bad... it was either lazy writing or conflicting ideas...the other bullshit people are talking about like having a "political agenda", I didn't see so much

Full disclosure, I popped over for a few hours to a mates place on the weekend as he was hooked on the game. We played through a few hours and I went home to watch streamers playing the game. The story doesn't mess with emotions because it was a good narrative, it messes you with you because you're screaming at the display because it doesn't make sense..

15. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

That's because you due to the first game assume you know everything about the characters and the decisions they might make and if that's challenged it angers you.

Sure it might be frustrating, but as long as Ellie doesn't focus her time on destroying the mother of the person who invented molex cables I'm sure I'll be fine with it.

I will report back though if my views change.

16. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

The story has a very different tone this time around and will press your emotions in a different way but to me it has the same impact as the first game.

17. connico

connico Member

If it makes sense no issues, if it's just to make things easier for the narrative not so much. When characters personalities are changed to fit a narrative it makes you scratch your head and ask wtf... if there was context ok, no problems. But if its just like, "hey this guys really smart"... but since it doesn't fit our narrative "now he is in fact really dumb"... well fuck you writer fuck you...patch work narratives are a crowd killer.

Games can have great cinematics, awesome visuals, fantastic mechanics, but if the narrative sucks ass... they won't be remembered. OR if there is one annoying bug or glitch that gets on the communities nerves, its over lol enter donkey kong 2... the glitchy barrel of death lol

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    walker_2003 likes this.
  18. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

They may learn their lesson (if the story for this one is one) who knows. I’m still pretty engaged. The gameplay, audio and visuals are amazing. I couldn’t care less for playing an angry lesbian. Then again, I still haven’t played throughout yet. I can easily make this game a 5/10 because I believe with a game like this, half of it is the story. And since I haven’t seen it through yet, so far we’re good :thumbup:

I doubt I’ll finish this game this week, even taking today and last Friday off. Back to work tomorrow, no matter.

19. psylink

psylink Member

For those that have played the game already... do you think it's possible for me to enjoy it if I haven't played the original? Is there much reference to the original story? Happy to miss out on a few Easter egg nods to the previous game that I won't get... as long as the story makes sense to me. Seeing some of those screens and hearing people talk about it makes me want to give it a go but I just won't have the time to play the first one prior.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  20. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

It’s possible, but 100% not recommended. Nobody is stopping you though. The first one has a much better story. It’s like eating only a few slices of pizza,while playing the first and this would be having the entire pizza box. Except in my case, I eat two boxes :D

Drizz06 likes this.