1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Last of Us Part II

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by power, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

I killed every single person but I did it 99% stealth! Wasn’t till the end of the game that I fired my first explosive arrow!

Fired a Rambo arrow at one the guys in full riot gear at the Resort and the way he just exploded and covered his mates in guts was insane! I noticed the Ai react too when something really bad like that happens to there comrades.

ChinoPD likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

You missed out on some fun, the molotov and explosives have great results :)

3. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

The ending of this game is like Death Stranding, it feels like you've reached the final cutscene... and then more game appears!

About 20hrs in and just finished the
    farm house ptsd sequence where Ellie runs off again

4. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I use molotovs for stalkers and clickers. I use explosives for dogs, removing one star from this game because of that. I know I don't have to, but I'm a completion. BUT NO baddies must survive in my books :thumbup:

Explosives are also great to get the entire area moving, endless fun when multiples are placed. When one goes off, brilliantly placed multiples will reward you with chaos for these baddies.

5. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

Don’t worry I’ll be making biggest bang possible 2nd time around.

6. pepsimax

pepsimax Member

platinum MGS4 that will keep you busy

7. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

And... done.

Giving this less than a 6/10 even if you don't agree with the story is just insane... It's a damn fine game and a worthy sequel to the first to be sure.

8. Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus Member

28 hours here. I too scour every nook and cranny. Overall I enjoyed it but it can get pretty grueling at times. There's definitely some legitimate criticisms to be had but I think a lot of people's problems with it come from it not being what they expected or wanted.

9. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Member

Just finished it.
    Great game, but it doesn't hold a candle to Part I for me.
    Where Part I had a solid storyline and goal Joel and Ellie were trying to achieve, Part II seemed to shift all over the place,
    especially with the multiple viewpoints.

10. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Hmm, maybe. I saw it as "How low will you go for revenge" coupled with another perspective of "What does it take to regain your humanity"

I think both stories fit the setting and theme of the world very well

11. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Member

Don't get me wrong, it was still an awesome game.
    It had a lot to live up to considering the bar set by TLOU.
    I think it did reasonably well as a sequel, it just didn't have that same magic for me.
    Once again it does leave options open for a trilogy, but they would need to pull something out of the hat to keep it going I think.

mesaoz likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

If there is a 3 i'm going to say that

it would be more about redemption and sacrifice than the consequences of revenge.

Drizz06 likes this.
  13. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Drizz06 likes this.
  14. MrBS

MrBS Member

Got the platinum, running through killing everyone with little stealth on second play through was fun times, I still could have used exploding arrows more often.

15. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

6/10 at best, and most of that is for good technical and combat. Writing was rubbish. Bold/shock value feels forced and messy. Virus immunity development completely ignored. Flashbacks inside flashbacks inside pre-timelines. A contrived revenge trope could have been turned around to one of understanding or reconciliation or closure - especially as you play as both sides - but completely ignored because revenge is king that leads to a depressing and empty ending - that does not want you caring for anyone left for any possible sequel..

connico likes this.
  16. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Holy shitballs, just finished it, can finally resurface on the Internet and not fear the tidal wave of spoilers.

10/10 game for me. Writing, story, setting, characters, gameplay, everything. Couldn't pick a favourite over this or the first. Love them both to death.

Very interested to see how either of these games go with the impending TV series translations.

The Last of Us™ Part II_20200706141804.jpg

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    Drizz06 and ChinoPD like this.
  17. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Still only getting small pockets of opportunities to play this due to work and studies.

Only up to Day 2 Seattle playing as Abby. Having mixed emotions playing her considering I wanted Ellie to smash her brains in as did she with for Joel, for equal justice. But I appreciate how they are forcing you to play both perspectives.

nugget28, Drizz06 and elvis like this.
  18. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Things make sense now. I was far too busy and focused on other things but watching this meant I missed out on all the pop-corn.

:lol:

Drizz06 and connico like this.
  19. tonner78

tonner78 Member

Finally got this finished last night. Just a touch over 30 hours. Wow!!! What an amazing game and such a worthy follow up. Not sure which I prefer to be honest. Just incredible story telling.

It just kept going too haha!

20. connico

connico Member

He certainly hits the nail on the head lol...

Also provides some insight into the workings of why...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020 at 10:13 AM
    ChinoPD likes this.