The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Discussion in 'Nintendo Consoles' started by AMLagonda, Jun 15, 2016.

1. azzachaz

azzachaz Member

Nope. All the beasts done but not all the memories.
    Looks like I will be 'finishing' the game again at some point :)

2. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

They have a lot of weird angled shots of Zelda's err... plot. Never seen them do that sort of stuff in a Zelda game before it was kind of weird.

3. azzachaz

azzachaz Member

Completed all the Memories over the break.
    Will 'finish' the game again when I can be bothered to see the alternate ending.

Although I still have ~40 shrines to find so that might take precedence.

4. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Did you find the memories to be time consuming?

I think i've found 1 by accident at the Garuda area. Not sure how difficult they are to find.

5. azzachaz

azzachaz Member

I found a few naturally during game play. A few more I found by looking at the photos and searching.

Although I will admit I used an online guide to find the rest :tongue:

6. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

I had to look up locations for 3 of them, the rest I found mostly by recognising the areas in the photos and going there.

7. samos

samos Member

Any news on the DLC? Contemplating whether to get involved with more shrines now that I am done!

8. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

So I picked myself up a switch so I can play this as it looks kinda cool, prior to this the only other game i've played is Zelda Ocarina of Time on the 3DS which I never finished...

I probably just suck but man am i dying A LOT! :lol: I dunno if I have spastic hands but for some reason the controls for using the sheikah slate feel odd, for example if i'm using the bomb and I go to throw it I always hit the wrong shoulder button and end up pulling out my bow instead. Maybe I just have spastic fingers :lol: though I think it's more i'm far too used to using hand held consoles (the Vita) that only have 1 shoulder button so I keep hitting the wrong one as a result it's caused alot of deaths.

I'm not really focusing on story so far and just enjoying running around like an idiot flying around the world on my glider and killing random monsters which is fun, i'm also climbing everything in sight too which is causing a few of my deaths as I take on places that are too high and when I run out of stamina Link just lets go and falls to his death :lol: poor guy

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  9. OP
    OP
    AMLagonda

AMLagonda Member

I found it hard to play Zelda at all up against Dishonored 2 and Prey.... :wired:

10. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

one thing I find a bit stupid about the game is alot of items talk about cooking but unless I wasn't paying attention it dosn't actually show you how to cook, the only mention i've seen of it was at the beginning of the game when you steal the old guys apple he mentions about cooking but otherwise there's been nothing more

I couldn't work out what I was doing wrong. to me it seemed logical that what you do is go upto a pot in the field, light a fire under it then press A and it would ask what you want to cook. I was confused when it just asked me how long I wanted to rest so I figured maybe I needed a recipe but when I got to the first town there was no vendors for recipes

So I googled it today and you have to go into inventory and hold several items then click on the pot?? how are you meant to work that out on your own? is that how it works in past Zelda games?? To me it just seems silly that you have to either stumble on it by mistake or like me go and google to work out how to cook :Paranoid:

11. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

Just thought I'd put this here if anyone in Melbourne wants to check it out

12. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

I can't stand the trend in console controls to have a click down function on the joystick. I keep accidentally crouching or telescope in the middle of fights, 50% of my hits are coming from this
    Other then that this game is pure crack
    Prey is fsckin amazing but a totally different game, apples vs oranges

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  13. power

power Member

Has anyone played this on Wii U and Switch, is the Wii U version handicapped in any way other than resolution?

14. Annihilator69

Annihilator69 Member

No it's fine on WiiU, I play it on there no issues.

Slightly lower resultion but the Switch isn't 1080p and doesn't have AA so its like slightly less crap lol.

It was originally designed for the WiiU and it shows how well optimised the game is to the U.

15. power

power Member

Thanks, maybe after Wind Waker :)

16. akashra

akashra Member

Would the person who designed this game kindly go stand on the pointy side of a lying down rake.

It's a gorgeous game - I've grown up with Zelda games, first with LttP and Links Awakening, and so on 25 years ago.

I don't think I've died more playing a game ever than playing this, which is basically The Legend of Zelda: Dark Souls.

17. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Have you tried being better?

Seriously though, focus on getting more stamina and learning the recipes to give you bonus hearts.

flinchy likes this.
  18. roamin

roamin Member

I'm at a point in the game where I struggle to die. Even with boss fights. I have 3 rings of stamina and 16 hearts.

As mesaoz said! Focus on stamina and extra heart based food. The other thing to do is dodge most fights and get a horse and ride around finding all the shrines and clearing them. The more you clear the more hearts and stamina you will get.

I played this for ages but sorta got no where. Then dlc 2 dropped and I was hooked. I have put in at least 50-60 hours since dlc2 dropped as I wanted the motorbike.

Also watch YouTube vids on how to parry. Parry is a massive life saver!

Also people are speed running this game with only 3 hearts! Put some time into it and you will get used to the fights. It will get easier.

Also armor sets are great. Get the barbarian set and upgrade it when you can. You can get the armor set via competing shrines so it costs nothing to get. Again YouTube barbarian armor and it will show you how to get it.

Trust me the game goes from being bloody hard to really easy and fun. Because you get good you stop worrying about anything that comes at you. So you start trying silly fun things to do.

19. samos

samos Member

I died a shit load at the start too. I am sure a lot of people did. But that's because I tried to take on shit I wasn't ready for. I tried to kill a Lynel with 3 hearts. Lol! Terrible idea. So yeah, some guys are real hard to begin with, and some areas you just can't hit until you've got more hearts and stamina, as well as some of the powers. (I don't want to spoil it for you, but the Goron power is way OP but fucken sick!)

The game gets substantially easier as it goes on, depending how many shrines you do and heart containers/stamina vessels you get. The hardest parts for me were the lynels, and once you learn their movement pattern they get easier.

Bosses are pretty easy tbh.

The others used a lot of elixirs it seems, I mostly used the basics - heart container refills and some where you get +10 hearts are real handy for lynels.

By the end of the game, if you've done enough shrines you'll be so OP it's not even funny.

They did the game real well. For those who wanted to finish it quickly, it would have been a challenge without all the right gear. The more you play and unlock, the more rewarding it gets.

I kind of skipped DLC 1, I really don't like those 'walk around and try find this' side quests. I guess by the end I was kind of done with that.

DLC 2 however, has piqued my interest. I probably won't do any of the side missions, but i've had a bit of fun with the main mission last night. And, I died. I died a lot in DLC 2. You'll know why when you play it.

If you put in at least 60 hrs, it will be one of the most rewarding Zelda's you've ever played, I assure you.

20. akashra

akashra Member

To give you an idea, I got to A Major Test of Strength with only four hearts and the starting armour :D

As soon as I got upgraded armour and 8 hearts things got a lot, lot easier. A modest test of strength is now doable, though some of the Electric stalfos are being dicks.