The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Discussion in 'Nintendo Consoles' started by AMLagonda, Jun 15, 2016.

1. power

power Member

so much for buying this on the Wii U, mrs bought me a switch + this/odyssey/rabbids/mk8 - played the bejeebus out of it after completing Odyssey conquered all the divine beasts and just mopping up before i hit up gannon. only complaints so far, weapon durability (be nice to find a smithy or something) and rupee drops (there are before anyone says plenty to find but i tend to farm them and I don't like farming mechanics in any games). Also cooking, meh i find it a boring mechanic like most crafting mechanics. apart from those i really love the game and pretty much everything about it. Bought a pro controller too, so glad I did can't imagine this on stock dog controller.

2. lawltank

lawltank Member

Have you tried dragon farming for money? I liked this method the best:

3. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

Easiest to farm is lynels... Theres a elixer you can make for like 2200 rupees.

4. power

power Member

i didn't, finished the game yesterday with a ton of cash on hand. Must have been OP, Calamity Ganon didn't kill me at all - as far as Zelda bosses go he was a bit soft. But that's ok, I prefer Zelda's softer bosses rather than trying to kill them over and over.

5. akashra

akashra Member

I wouldn't mind the cooking mechanic if I could just select an item/recipe I wanted to cook and it would just take the ingredients from my inventory.

The weapon durability thing is annoying as hell. I need a mallet or some kind of hammer to do one of the shrines I was having trouble with (the one where you have to hit a ball in to the hole way over a fence) and haven't been able to clear yet. Got to the start of Divine Beast Vah Medoh last night so have to start that when I get home, and still have Vah Rudania to go - haven't been to Death Mountain yet. But I'm now at a point where I can clear A Test of Major Strength shrines.

6. power

power Member

i want this - so much. Go Nintendo, do it.

7. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

I finally played this game, borrowed it off a mate as its still stupidly expensive. Have finished off the first divine beast (the water one).
    Fucking loving it!!1 I played the shit out of Ocarina of time back in the day, and loving this one just as much if not more. My only grips are the way cooking works (seriously its counter-intuitive, let "Add Ingredients" be an option when interacting with a pot like "Sit" is). The non-linear style of it has caught me off guard a few times, not knowing which divine beast to go for second etc.

8. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

you can do them in any order, or not at all if you prefer to go straight for the big cheese.

9. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Did you ever see the concept 2D game that they made to test out the overall map?

Someone made a fan game of that, and it promptly got shut down. But damn, do I want that original concept game released.

10. power

power Member

I don't think I did, one thing I saw a bit ago was the boundary break video of BoTW, pretty interesting stuff. Not all BB's are interesting but BoTW wasn't too bad.

anyone who hasn't finished the game and explored the world to their satisfaction DO NOT WATCH THE BELOW!

11. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Oh yeah i got that, but I mean, surely there is a certain order of difficulty for them right? (if so dont tell me what the order is, I like to discover these things myself)

12. power

power Member

as far as divine beasts go make sure you do any pre-requisites first otherwise you'll have a bad time!!

13. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Not really, you just complete the area around the beast first to unlocked the stuff you need to do the dungeon

14. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Ahh I see!
    After the water fella I tried to climb up the volcano area, but didn't have anything to resist the hot so went to the desert instead (since found out having an ice weapon equipped is enough to remain cool anyway). Currently finding the thunder helm.

15. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Well, as has been said by people who are not me, you can have a go at it in any order you like. It just all becomes a little bit "Dark Souls Lite" at that point. :lol:

16. power

power Member

armour is the key to most extreme areas.

17. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

The areas are designed in such a way that the tools you need to complete them are nearby, pays to explore and talk to people :)

18. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Yeah I have been exploring heaps, got about 12 of the Spirit Orbs to go cash in atm too.