The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Discussion in 'Nintendo Consoles' started by AMLagonda, Jun 15, 2016.

1. samos

samos Member

Overhhelemd it what i'd call it.

Damn it, where's my horse at!

2. roamin

roamin Member

i cleared my first "dungeon" last night. Water Blight Ganon

must say i like the way they have done this game, everything just blends in to each other. was a bit of a challenge but i liked that. the interactive map was pretty cool. i dont want to give anything away so i wont go into any details.

this zelda is awesome, im so hooked on it, missus is over it as every day im on it and she gets to sit on the couch and watch me play until she goes to bed. tonight will be no different lol. :D

i bought the prima official guide, holy moly the amount of gear in this is huge, weapons and armour and so on. even cooking has a huge amount of various recipes.

3. samos

samos Member

Where'd you get the guide from?

Also has anyone figured out how to turn the damn console off? Lol

Also, the Camera... I am still not sure how this works properly.

I spent 4.5 hours on it last night, just going through a the villages and towers to open up the map a bit more. 10 orbs so far.

4. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Was unreasonably upset last night when
    I figured out the horses can die... NOOOO ROACH!!!!!! I died shortly after so I got him back... but yeah it hit me hard, I grew attached to that little guy.

5. Szemen

Szemen Member

Hold down the power button on the console, then go to Power Options or something along those lines, there you will find Power Off.

Otherwise, touching the power button puts it to sleep, holding the home key only gives you options of putting it to sleep.

6. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

I'm playing it on Wii U and it's perfectly fine.

You get the odd slowdown once in a while when shit gets real but 99% of the time it's great.

I wasn't going to buy an entire new console for one game, already had the Wii U there from when mario kart came out -_-"

MM had the feel like BotW when you start, so much to do where do I start?

From EB? Is it any good/Accurate? I was looking into getting the deluxe guide when it comes out at the end of the month

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  7. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

I'm also playing on Wii U

Dunno what you're used to in terms of gaming, but every time it drops from the locked 30fps I notice it and it happens often. Any time the camera is panned, any time there's more than 1 enemy attacking at a time.

If you primarily play console games already, I'm sure it's fine/normal to you.

On a different note, I feel like this game used to have gamepad functionality that got stripped out so the Switch version wasn't 'missing' anything. How could would it be to have quick access to the inventory and map..

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  8. roamin

roamin Member

Ebgames. There the only seller for zelda prima guide

Guide is spot on. Great quality.

9. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Don't forget to use your amiibos if you have them. Some good gear and supplies from them

10. samos

samos Member

I have tried this, but I only get the 'sleep' option. Let me try again!

As for frame rate drop, I notice it sometimes. Kind of annoying but I get over it.

Also one thing that annoys me is the button config, I know I can change it, but I'm used to A being the bottom button closest to the thumb. Am I just getting cranky in my old age?

Then I go back to PS4 and it feels all retarded. Lol

11. azzachaz

azzachaz Member

oh man, gotta stop playing till midnight and getting into work late :wired:

Working the puzzles in a 'beast' at the moment, it's tough.

12. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Same here... just one more side quest, just one more shrine, just one more tower since it's 'right there'... nek minnut it's 1am and I have work at 6:30 that morning.

You remember the buttons my name instead of muscle memory? Must be old for sure.

13. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Holy crap, I'm hooked. My wife played through the last two Zelda titles, and watching her do that was enough. I had no compulsion to play them myself.

This is Zelda grown up. Gameplay elements from Metal Gear Solid V, Witcher 3, Okami, and a bunch of other stuff, but still Nintendo (ironic, considering how many of those borrowed from previous Zelda titles, but that's the way art goes, right). Definitely the best title in the series (and it took a lot for me to find one I liked better than the SNES version).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  14. samos

samos Member

Ripe old age of 31 my friend!

I am loving this game. Just not getting enough hours into it at the moment.. that will soon change!

15. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Gerudo area is a pain in the dick to get around. Bloody seals

16. roamin

roamin Member

i got the last piece last night for the ocarina of time armour set, the armour looks cool. its amazing what these amiibo's can do. implemented into the game very well i think.

also got epona too so riding her around is a lot better then a horse you tamed yourself.

i think im addicted to this, i love the fact i can play it on the wii u still when my missus is watching tv. not that she cares as she actually likes watching me run around in zelda anyway.

is it home time yet so i can get back to it? works over rated lol.

17. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Amiibo's are so OP imo.

I have only taken a handful out of the boxes but the 10 or so I do use daily give so many supplies.

Also not sure if it was mentioned but if you're after a certain piece from an amiibo you can save before you use it, then see what you get. If you get what you want cool, if you didn't get it then just load the save and try again.

Additionally if you get what you want and there's another piece you want you can set the console date ahead 1 day and reload the game, use the amiibo again.

It's what I did to get the windwaker link set in a few minutes.

18. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Completed the camel beast... what a PITA, apparently it's the hardest one, probably shouldn't have done it as my second one.

Whoever said 12 hours of gameplay must have done nothing but only play main story missions and do minimum exploration and shrines.

19. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

That's typically the case. Folks race through to completion, don't do side quests, don't do "new game plus" modes, complain games have no real content.

The worst thing about the gaming industry are most of the gamers.

20. samos

samos Member

12 hours? What the fuck.. i've played 12 hours and barely scraped the surface!!