The Loud Speaker kit, getting screwed around:WELP

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by FOXH0UND, Jun 11, 2011.

1. FOXH0UND

FOXH0UND Member

Hey guys
    Heres the Story
    On Tuesday night, I ordered myself a speaker kit from The Loud Speaker Kit Now, i probably shoulda made an account, but decided I would just checkout as guest. Came up with the usual, thanks for your order, please deposit money into this account, etc. Put your order number in the description field, well, I never remember seeing an order number, so i just put"M4KIT Adam M******". Now, wedneday morning, I tried ringing them, but no awnser, so I sent them an email, no response, I've been trying to get a hold of them since then.

So i come to you OCAU, what would be the best course of action to take from here?
    Have any of you guys delt with them before?

Cheer's
    Adam

2. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

Well, without straying too far into the world of Vendor Verdicts, I will say that during the time that LSK were sponsors (they haven't been for a while now) it did sometimes take quite a while for them to get back to me about things. So for the moment I wouldn't panic too much. The owner might even be overseas for Computex or E3 etc, many people are at the moment.

3. bluedraco

bluedraco Member

According to various sources, they were moving warehouses at the start of the year and the owner is currently overseas (taking 6 months+ to move?).

I have a friend trying to source their stuff but he has given up with them - no matter how good their product is, they are just impossible to get in contact with.

Sorry to hear about it. Good luck with getting your money back (it might take awhile).

4. flip550

flip550 Member

Have a read of their facebook page, your not the only one.

edit: haha i see you have already commented on it.

5. OP
    OP
    FOXH0UND

FOXH0UND Member

Yeah I did haha. Wait, stalker much :|

Haha.
    Thanks guys, gah, these are the perfect speakers for me, need to source some.

6. Annihilator69

Annihilator69 Member

Their shop is next door to Headphonic.
    http://headphones.com.au

Might be worth emailing them as they might have an idea being in a shop next door? The owner of headphonic is on OCAU a lot.
    Or post in their forums whatever, might get someone to walk next door and see if it's shut or open.

7. flip550

flip550 Member

Well, your original post said "cheers adam" and there was a post on the FB page from someone called Adam, i just put two and two together..:Paranoid:

Any news though? I've also been looking on their site for more than 5 months now, for m6's to come back into stock, and still nothing.

I emailed Aaron from lsk in January this year! asking when they would be in stock, they said end of march:(

8. kindred

kindred Member

Any luck? From the facebook page I'm guessing not - good thing I searched this on OCAU, was about to order a set!!

9. OP
    OP
    FOXH0UND

FOXH0UND Member

Nah Man. I gotta figure out how to get my money back. I am now trying to find a suitible alternative, actually logged in to open a thread.

GAH

10. Bertross

Bertross Member

just buy some audio engines 5 IMO. They have heating issues I've heard but from the reviews I've read they are almost flawless.

Mate i remember you texting me this issues yonks ago about these speakers, i think its safe to say your money is gone. The next course of action is to contact maybe the police and report a possible scam.

if it takes someone 6 months to move a warehouse and get in contact with their buyers then its definitely not going to happen.

He probably took a huge amount of orders and then shut shop with the cash :S

IDN but its a possible.

11. OP
    OP
    FOXH0UND

FOXH0UND Member

Yeah I know !
    D: I can't plug those Audio Engine 5's into my Z5500. LOOK AT THE PRICE ALSO THOUGH I need another suitable replacement!

12. kindred

kindred Member

Damn sorry to hear - I agree with Bertross, I think he's done a runner :(

Re; AudioEngine5's - I wanted passive speakers (to use with an amp) - but they only do the 4" in passive, grr :(

13. Red Spade

Red Spade Member

Sorry to hear of what has happened. Apparently the initial owner is no longer involved, when there was a Melbourne showroom they were good to deal with.

For those of you with DIY inclinations, I have a speaker on my blog that is documented sufficient for you to build a floorstanding TL that is similar to the TL6 they used to offer.

http://redspade-audio.blogspot.com/2009/08/diy-transmission-line-speakers.html

There is a build thread for one of them in here somewhere.

The design can be modified for surrounds or smaller bookshelf speakers and even for a centre speaker.

14. abe465

abe465 Member

@FOXH0UND If i was you i would be raging pretty badly at this :mad:

15. OP
    OP
    FOXH0UND

FOXH0UND Member

So, they, ah, um, Just updated their facebook cover photo. And thought I wouldn't notice, thankyou facebook stalker bar.

16. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

I daresay posting publicly on their wall might get some attention. Be diplomatic enough so they don't delete it, but enough to make people start asking questions if they don't reply.

Best of luck.

17. Auriga

Auriga Member

Any one know if these guys are still operating? I'm interested in a kit or two but just found this thread and am now wondering.

Does any one know any alternatives in Australia? I don't think it would be worth international shipping for these heavy kits, from over seas.

I like a bit of DIY assembly and paint but not building a circuit from a diagram type DIY...

18. Jesmol

Jesmol Member

Adelaide speakers is where I got my kit from

19. Red Spade

Red Spade Member

To the best of my knowledge LSK are no longer in business.

I'm now working on some kits to replace much of what they were offering. I should have my own version of M6 and F6 coming out soon. No - nothing will be a copy as they will all be designed from scratch but you may see some of the same parts. I will also have a kit like TL6 with some changes to step a few things up a notch. I'm also going to bring out an Econowave styled speaker with a pro audio 10" that would be a bit more home theatre oriented.

If there is anything in particular that you would like, feel free to contact me, either via PM or the blog. If you want something different that I can see demand for then my arm might be twisted to make that one available next.

Hopefully I'm not stretching the rules here in mentioning this.

20. Oblong Cheese

Oblong Cheese Member

Guys,

LSK's Twitter account has come back to life. Apparently they are under new management.

https://twitter.com/loudspeakerkit

I recalled this thread and Tweeted them to say I knew people who had paid for speakers and never received them or their money back. He gave me this link and told them to contact him: http://t.co/m360jcNh

So, there may be life in the company left. Let's see what they do over the coming months. I really like their products and it was a bummer the previous manager/owner made such a mess of it.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012