1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

The new post pics of yer HT thread....

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by flu!d, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Infest

Infest Member

Wow stevo that's really awesome. How much it cost all up.. If you don't mind me asking and how much did you end up spending on those seats lol :wired:

2. Wen

Wen Member

stevodude, maybe u shld consider adding a black out curtain to make the room totally dark, and add on some carpets that might help on the sound quality..

3. TOX

TOX Member

I thought about the carpet but he has a whole lot of chairs to help with sound

But as always nothing wrong with a bit more rug

4. stevodude

stevodude Member

cost?... nah I haven't added it up, not sure if I want to either...

Yea, next on the list is blackout curtains & a nice shag pile rug out the front, and also some anti-audio reflection hangers on the L & R walls in the front area. Then make a platform for the second row seats ( have to lift about 150mm to get clear view of screen). also some dim lighting (maybe led) behind the screen for ambient effect.

got a fair old list of build process in my picasaweb, click on the images to take to the Home Theatre photo's.

Do I include the cost of lifting the house and making the room for HT?... that would blow the build out to about $60k+ hehehe
    Not including the building of the room, probably in the $10k - $15k range... maybe

5. Wen

Wen Member

Dont need anything too expensive, just get some of those IKEA ones that is thick.. probably cost ard $150..

i added one to my HT room and it made a good improvement on sound quality.. so do consider, its not too costly anyway.

but the black out curtain is definitely recommended to compliment his good setup here...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  6. Smegger

Smegger Member

Yup, carpet and dark are good!

When I was initially doing my room (about here) I did put the projector and speakers in place for a couple of days, concrete floor and yellow walls. Horror!

I thought I had made a terrible mistake! The picture was washed out and crappy, the sound was excruciatingly painful.
    I persisted and when it was done I was a happy camper!
    The point is, when you do carpet and darken, you will be surprised at the improvement. The picture literally jumps off the screen.
    I see that you do have a decent black border, but more is always better.:thumbup:

I like your DIY anamorphic, great stuff. I'd like to something similar one day, however right now that's been prioritised down the list. I have my cinema(well, have had for a couple of years now) so now we are finishing renovations to the bathroom. Toilet and laundry next, then master bedroom followed by the lounge and dining. Deals a deal.

7. nico6

nico6 Member

Great work stevodude, but one illusion is now busted - I thought you looked like Mr T. :)

8. TOX

TOX Member

Finnaly got around to taking some pictures

They really don't do the setup justace though - You don't get the grain that you get in the pics here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. FFC

FFC Member

jealousy :shock:

10. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

HAHAHAHAHA.

TOX has soo much money, he doesn't even have a DVD holder for his X360 games and all his blue-ray discs.

Whats your address TOX? I'll come visit, late one night. ;) :lol: :leet:

BTW - Movies wise, Disturbia, Transformers, SOMETHING, The Simpsons.
    Are those 3 SOMETHINGs, High Def Gran Turismo trailers or something?

11. Infest

Infest Member

Sweet setup TOX. I'll be hitting you up bout your Dali speakers soon as I'm looking at getting some. Just want to know what they're like etc..

12. TOX

TOX Member

Transformers 1080P trailer from the PS Store
    Simspons Movie 720P trailer from the PS Store
    GT5 Prolouge 1080P trailer from the PS Store

:D

And it's Blu-ray :)
    And I did have a TV Cabinet that housed them but no longer thanks to the upgrade. First I need to figure wtf I'm going to put a rack for my XBOX 360 games and Blu-rays then I need to find one I like

And my address - your mummas place :D

Infest Concept 10s, Concept 2 rears, Concept Center and Concept Sub all rock

13. Infest

Infest Member

What sort of price am I looking at for those? What are the difference between the 10's and the 6's, price/spec wise?

What was your previous system that you are now comparing it to? I currently have Accusound speakers :lol:

14. TOX

TOX Member

I had a Jamo setup

With Onkyo 705 about $5,000

I got the 10s and the 2s because I wanted larger speakers to suit the larger display and there just generally a meaner speaker.

KrisX has Concept 6s and has ordered Concept 1 rears with a center/sub - He's very happy with the 6s and hes yet to receive the other items. I looked at the Dalis off his recommendation

15. Smoke87

Smoke87 Member

If you value your equipment TOX;

Move that speaker off the audio rack,

Move that amplifier to a separate rack.

Very sweet setup...you have a commitment to quality entertainment that I just can't justify at my very young age ;) (Ok Jason, if you're reading this, one wise crack that I'm really 40 and not 19, its lights out, bitch).

can't remember, you got the TW1000 from pricejapan right?

EDIT: Honestly surprised you people havn't invested a few hundred dollars to protect your thousands invested (Just those HD-DVD's and blu rays alone!) with some metal bars on the windows...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  16. TOX

TOX Member

I intend to get the speaker off the rack when I get some stands as the other rear is down the back of the couch atm.

Why move the amp to a seperate rack? Heat?

Well I turned 23 Last monday so it was a BDAY present to myself

Yeah I did and it's already droped $100 since I bought it :upset:

Wash your mouth out!!! Theres no HD-DVDs there all Blu baby! With that said I just ordered a HD-DVD dam paramount I want 1080 Transformers farken!!!

Rented place so no metal bars!!! But I have insurance....for a stupid amount :rolleyes:

17. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

happy to hear that you are happy with em!

hopefully my sub and center arrive this week... they are hard to get your hands on at the moment it seems, in my area anyway.

the 6's are pretty good, basically from what i can tell the major differences between the 6's, 8's and 10's are the size of the woofers in em... which is my only complaint about the 6's... i like my bass, it's got a good amount for what they are but to get my bass fix i need a sub... if i'd of known about the 10's, i might of stretched to get them, but the price tag of around $2k i would rather get 6's or 8's and a sub (so far my 6's and sub are well under $2k)

18. claf-43

claf-43 Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :leet: :leet: :leet:

Told you so haha

19. << J o Y i >>

<< J o Y i >> Member

20. the_cripple

the_cripple Member

Tox and << J o Y i >>, where did you get those "entertainment racks" (the shelving with the amp etc on it).