1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

The OCAU Figurine Collection Thread

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by stenchlord, Sep 3, 2010.

1. trop

trop Member

Looks good!

I did a similar setup on my lego shelves a while back and I found the lighting to be way too bright as mine is in the lounge room and it was distracting while watching tv.

I got a remote LED dimmer from ebay for a couple dollars and wired it into the line. I run it at 25% power now and find the lighting much nicer plus you can turn it on and off from the couch.

2. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Picked this up today for $450 :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This thing is a beast. I have a number of Ironman but this one has probably the most swappable bits between normal armor and battle damaged armor. The box is about 50% thicker than the other ones. The base is pretty impressive too. Highly recommended if you're undecided. :D:thumbup:

3. QuakeDude

QuakeDude ooooh weeee ooooh

Been waiting for him to come out :thumbup:

Whats with his right shoulder in the first pic? Does he suffer from the same issue as the Mark III (where the shoulder has this awful gap that makes some of the poses look like his arm is disconnected)?

4. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

That's the missile launcher. It comes out from the shoulder. It's posable so you can point to just about anything. The left shoulder is the "Ex-Wife" launcher. The shoulder armor also has a very wide range of movement so you can move it out of the way of some poses. It's really one of the best piece I've seen so far.

5. Frontl1ne

Frontl1ne Member

6. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Prime1 studio makes some of the best (also large and expensive) pieces on the market. Also Sideshow does look after their customers. If you receive broken parts, you can generally negotiate to have a new one sent out or something. Although do check the fine print first to make sure there's no special clause on this one. I was eyeing this figure too. However it's simply far too large for my displays. And I'm a tad broke haha. If I have the money and space, I'd definitely buy it. I am however keeping an eye on their Guyver release. Probably won't buy them either. They're typically massive.

Oh also check on shipping cost before buying. That itself is going to be a deal breaker I think.

7. Scarecrow_99

Scarecrow_99 Member

Hey Guys

I am in the process of starting my Marvel collection and have being looking at the Hottoys range.

Where is the best places to purchase from? I have seen premium collectibles and popcultcha. Any others? We have a Zing at our local centre but they seem to have a small range.

I am really looking to get Ironman sub zero and the new Mark 47 from the civil war movie.

And a big thanks to RyoSaeba I have modded my cases with LEDs and sealed them for dust.

8. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

I get my Hot Toys from Facebook Groups, Premium Collectibles has the lowest prices for Australian shop with new stock, but down side is that their pre-orders requires you to pay upfront. PopCultcha is the Australian Distributor, so they have large range, but prices are simply RRP. If they can't sell them, then they start dropping prices. Like the Chitauri Soldiers are $99 each. When they have their 20% off times, then their prices are not too bad. I don't buy from them unless there's the 20% off.

Otherwise, I also use KGHobby.com which is a site based in HK. Their prices are not bad. But shipping bump the prices up unfortunately.

Sideshow Collectible in USA is the international distributor for Hot Toys. They have a lot of the exclusive stuff too. However their prices aren't that cheap.

Australian Facebook Groups I'm part of are:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/HotToysTradeAus/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/onesixthaustralia/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1814589832118446/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1484450671840992/

TNS is a group buying site that sells 3rd party and unlicensed 1/6 figures. They also do licensed Hot Toys too. They operate out of Hong Kong.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/tnsfigures/

And good job getting the lights in. :D I'm still only half way through my 6 cabs to wire up. Been too lazy and been playing FF XV too much lol. :D

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  9. PrinceCharming

PrinceCharming Member

Ryo, did your Hasbro 75th Ann. Captain America Shield have any scratches? I finally got mine not too long ago after having it ordered yonks ago from Premium Collectables. It has scratches on the back. Seems like it's not an uncommon problem according to Amazon reviews.

Just waiting for a response from Premium Collectables. They seem to take a long time to answer messages or they don't reply at all :rolleyes: Have you had good experiences with them?

10. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Yup few scratch marks on the back. Just had a look. Prem Collectables is a pain to contact, if it wasn't for the low price then it'd be very annoying. They're most certainly not a "customer focused" group. But at least they're cheap and their reward point system is decent.

11. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Finally set up Dioder with Detolf on the weekend in the hallway.....damn it looks good! Even with the yellow Dioder and not the white.

I put the lights at the front which I think looks excellent.

Pics if anyone wants them.

12. PrinceCharming

PrinceCharming Member

Yes please!

13. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

You got it :leet:

First pic is the old unit. Second and third pics the Detolf and last pic is the Detolf at night. Was able to successfully hide all wiring behind the left support beam with very small zip ties and under the base at the bottom. Comes out looking very clean.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. PrinceCharming

PrinceCharming Member

Looks very good indeed

15. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Thanks. Wasn't 100% sure where to mount the led's but looking online a few seem to prefer them at the front.....so I went with that.

16. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Oooo very neat with the cabling indeed! But you colour corrected the last pic didn't you? It's not that white in the other pics! :lol:

17. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Nah that was just taken at night time tather than day time for the other ones :leet:

18. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Quick pic tonight. Took 2 shots only cos I was very tired and extremely lazy. :lol:

[​IMG]

19. spectre257

spectre257 Member

Siiik Saber always delivers :thumbup::thumbup:

[​IMG]
    Kos-Mos Alter ver.
    4th attempt at posing/reshooting that I was happy with Alter's Kos-Mos posable.

20. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Mmmmm KosMos! I still want that 1/4 version I think it was from Volks. Damn so many toys to buy, so little space and money. :upset: