The OCAU Figurine Collection Thread

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by stenchlord, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Krumm

Krumm Member

Thanks for those links, there's a lot of great looking stuff just at that KGHobby site.

2. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Formania EX Sazabi arrived today. :D

[​IMG]

3. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

That looks fantastic!

The Captain America shield in the background is a little distracting and out of context with Gundam though. :p

4. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Yeh I know. I've got plans for them anyway. Eventually Gundams (anime Mechs) will get their own cabinets and 1:1 stuff will be separated too.

5. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Getting into the Gundams recently. Started building the real grade kits and have a master grade kit ready to go. Just need to find the time to be able to block out and sit to build each night.

The Gundam universe is so disjointed... but the mecha design is so amazing.

6. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

I have probably about 20+ Master Grade kits waiting to be built and bunch of Perfect Grades too lol. I'm just too lazy to do painting. But if I'm building them, I have to do it right. So painting, puttying etc. Really lazy to do that. So haven't built anything in ages. The kits just keep piling up. With my recent venture into Lighting up each figure with a central DC power source, I am thinking once I build all of them with their light up parts and some conversion, it'll look pretty nice all lit up. :D But that's a long term project. Will take a while before I get there. :lol:

7. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Nice. :)

I'm having to be realistic with what I get so it's all purchased in limited quantities. Great thing about these Gundam kits are the price! It's not too much pocket hurt to get some.

I bought a pack of Gundam Markers off eBay recently in readiness for the build when I get that chance to put it together. Just wishing now that there's more room in my study-cave for more display cabinets or at least a bigger one to fit more things.

8. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

I've got the Gundam Wing 0 Model Perfect Grade sitting in a box - has been there unbuilt for like 10 years. Bought if from Japan back in the day. Is it valuable at all?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  9. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Not really. It's still being produced. At best it's worth store value. Bandai rarely discontinue their Gundam line. When they do, it's usually because a better version has been released or will be. Some rarer ones that are special limited edition ones that are only available from certain shop or their premium store does go up in value because of their rarity. But typical ones don't really.

10. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

11. spectre257

spectre257 Member

Finally got a chance at catch a preorder on Dark Angel Olivia after missing out so many times~ She's amazeballs:thumbup::thumbup:

[​IMG]

12. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

13. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

What else you putting it on? I once told a friend to build an infinity mirror into the bath room mirror while the wife was out and this trigger would be perfect thing for it lol. It's pretty easy to make too, just 1 strip of LEDs, a 2 way mirror and a normal mirror.
    https://cdn.thisiswhyimbroke.com/images/infinity-mirror-640x533.jpg
    So everytime she goes near the mirror it would trigger lol. :D If I was married I would totally do this! lol

I love Olivia. In fact loves all the Rage of Bahamut stuff. Even bought the Art book couple of years ago while I was in Japan. You getting Forte too?

Love those details. Like the runes in the gauntlet! How big is it?

14. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

18 inch / 46 cm and weighs alot

15. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Oh wow that's huge! Nice! :thumbup:

16. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

:lol: Well no plans as yet but I'll think of something. Couple of spots around the home that could use some triggered led lighting :thumbup:

17. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

This arrived today - Illidan

24 inch / 61 cm tall

[​IMG]

18. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Ooo that looks epic and expensive lol. Can't wait for my coreplay Demon Hunteress to arrive too. And also Arthas and human sorceress next year. Not getting the ally king tho. He looks dopey lol.

19. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

I'd love Arthas but can't afford what the sideshow version goes for. I think Blizzard will remake him at some point, plus I want to limit to only Blizzard in house statues

My next arrival is DVA later this year

Btw I hate the size of these boxes. Storing them is a pain

Do you guys have any tips for cleaning dust off statues? I don't have glass cabinets. I've heard compressed air works- is there a battery operated one that works as well?

20. rireland

rireland Member