The OCAU Figurine Collection Thread

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by stenchlord, Sep 3, 2010.

1. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

2. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Yeh it's a good idea to limit your collection to certain lines. I try to limit myself too otherwise my collection would be far bigger lol.

I don't clean mine lol. Recently I did move some figures from outside the glass cabinet to inside and did give them a brush down with a soft brush and wipe down with a damp micro fiber cloth. There were also 2 anime PVC figures that were seeping oil on the surface when I was redoing the light. So had to soak them in soapy water overnight and then hand wash it off. Then dab dry with microfiber cloth. Don't use tissue paper since it'll tear and leave bits behind. Thankfully the 2 figures weren't one of the really fragile ones with fiddly bits. That would've been annoying.

3. QuakeDude

QuakeDude ooooh weeee ooooh

I've got one of those for work (I think its the one that does 400kmh air) and it nearly blew over one of the figures :lol:

Works well though. Don't use the canned air (or be really, really careful) from Officeworks as they can sometimes spray out the liquid, which freezes whatever it contacts.

4. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

Blizzard plz - Arthas and Sylvanas next - although take your time my wallet needs a break

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

These ones are posable and are 1/6 in scale. :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. QuakeDude

Well, a relatively successful weekend. Finally got the Detolf wired up with the lights. Ended up going with the following layout - its probably more light than it needs, but I'm happy with it right now:

[​IMG]

The result:

[​IMG]

Really happy with the amount of detail that the light brings out. Its always hard to tell with some photos, I think this is about as close as I can get (lighting levels) to the real thing:

[​IMG]

Only got one thing to sort out with the light sensor module and the cabinet should be fully automated when to comes to turning on and off!

RyoSaeba likes this.
  7. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

That looks FANTASTIC! What parts did you use to wire the lighting up?
    Was it a more do-it-yourself job with Jaycar gear or something?

8. QuakeDude

Very much DIY. Used all the info from this thread, with the exception of using some left over speaker wire for the wiring, as I figured it'd be less visible being semi-transparent.

9. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

More 1:1 toys. :D

Black Panther Helm by Killer Body. Made of hard ABS plastic with padded interior. Large enough for most adults to wear. Similar size to the Roan Iron Man MK 43 Helm that I have.

And The Flash (TV version) by Taurus Studio. This one is another limited edition. Number 87 out of 100. Made of fiberglass resin. But it's not large enough to fit any normal adult head unfortunately. Same with the Wolverine one.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. QuakeDude

Okay .. So.. Was lucky enough to go visit a mate who just received his Hulkbuster yesterday, and gave him a hand unboxing it. This thing is absolutely amazing in the flesh. Besides being incredibly detailed, the sheer weight of this thing is amazing. The photo doesn't do it justice - its so much beefier than it looked in any of the photos, and the sheer size of it - it came up to just above my knee, for a sense of scale.

Ended up taking measurements so I can start getting prices for the custom cabinet I'm going to need to build for it (probably two as he needs one as well).

[​IMG]

11. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Wow....
    I'm guessing that a cigarette packet reference size is about up to ankle height of that thing?

12. QuakeDude

There's a packaging box which is large than a cigarette packet that came out of his chest cavity alone :)

13. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

I think a cig pack is about size of his foot. :D

Man I can't wait for mine! :D

14. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  15. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

It's not brand new???

16. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

That's how it looks right out of the box. Battle damage :D

17. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Ohhhhh yes of course....lol

18. QuakeDude

Got the automatic lights finally working (much thanks to the guys in the Electronics forum):

19. trop

trop Member

You can wire in a remote for your LED's pretty easily. They are only a couple dollars for the kit off ebay and it lets you turn them on/off and has a dimmer function, I run the ones on my LEGO display at 50% brightness and its not so harsh a light.

20. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Found this video today. Quite liked it.