The OCAU Figurine Collection Thread

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by stenchlord, Sep 3, 2010.

1. chook

chook Member

Exactly. Mortarion 1; Roboute 0. Your move loyalist scum ;).

Only until March so nothing big there. Sometimes delays happen and normally for perfectly valid reason, like COVID-19, and you just move on. It is the fact that it took me contacting them to find out about the delay and they try to present the fact they put it on Facebook as having told their customers that really pissed me off.

2. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Oh yeh delays are normal. My Hot Toys Hulkbuster was delayed for like 2 years I think.

3. chook

chook Member

If I hadn't said that my annoyance is the communication and not the delay itself, two years would make my couple of months sound like such a whinge.

4. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

I got no communications. Just had to wait lol. They just change the release date over and over.

5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

6. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

7. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

This unit arrived today. It's based on Gundam Barbartos. It doesn't really have any story manga/anime linked to it. Just some company who thought of some cool mecha/gundam design and decided to make it. It's call Cao Ren named after a Chinese general from 220 AD, made by a company call Motor Nuclear. For around $200 it's a seriously good price. Similar units from say Bandai would cost double the price easily. The unit has lots of die cast metal parts. All the ends are super pointy. Absolutely not a toy. Can be used as a weapon if need arise. Stab someone with it and they'll regret ever messing with you. The joints are tight and well thought out. The pivots on the lifting arm on the base has locking mechanism so it locks the angle of the arm in place so you can pose the figure in various position. Comes with the double blade and another gold coloured long sword. Can also transform into a phoenix too. Didn't try the transformation or too many poses tonight. Will find another location to put him later because there's another one coming from the same company later this month. With the wings and the base, it's almost 600mm tall. As you can see in the photos below, the wings doubles it's height. The eyes light up too. I might add some more LEDs later to light the wings up too when I get around to it. There are a lot of projects to do and I've been playing Wolcen wayyyyy too much lately hahahaha :lol:

Official Image:
    upload_2020-3-4_21-26-39.png
    [​IMG]

upload_2020-3-4_21-26-10.png
    upload_2020-3-4_21-35-12.png
    upload_2020-3-4_21-30-29.png upload_2020-3-4_21-30-43.png
    upload_2020-3-4_21-31-14.png
    upload_2020-3-4_21-31-32.png

Azzan, mad_mic3 and MR CHILLED like this.
  8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Great work, the new side cabinet filled out nicely :thumbup:

9. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Thx mate. :D Yeh it's handy to have one that I can freely adjust the height without impacting too many things.

10. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

The height of the cabinet or the trays inside?

11. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

The shelves can be adjusted. :D The shelves are held with those pegs on the side. I drilled holes all the way from top to bottom on each side so i can move them to any height.

12. QuakeDude

QuakeDude ooooh weeee ooooh

I need more cabinets.. or better ones. Decided I'm going to start 3D Printing the props and figures I want. Currently working on a mark 85 Iron Man and Kylo Ren helmet after finishing my Stormtrooper Blaster, and have a queue of around 25 other projects waiting (including Aliens pulse rife, Ghostbusters proton pack and trap).. I'm going to need a better solution :Paranoid:

13. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Detolfs?

14. QuakeDude

Nah, need something that can hold longer props.. unless I go the double detolf.. but I don't think thats even long enough to hold one of the props I'm going to print from a certain Scifi franchise ;)

15. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

You can get double width ones from shops like fantastic furniture ie. https://www.fantasticfurniture.com....ry-Glass-Display-Cabinet/p/GAYUTI4SHOOOGLAWHI
    Or mod your own detolf which is easy enough if you have the tools. But if that's not wide enough then it starts getting costly. Custom build or shop fitting cabinets. Alternatively haunt 2nd hand sites like facebook marketplace or gumtree for shop closing down sale where they sell their glass cabinets.

chook likes this.
  16. chook

chook Member

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly what I have been looking for. I desperately want somewhere to put my Lego Star Wars and one of the pictures on the page you linked has some of the sets I own pictured in great positions and I can see how other sets will fit perfectly.

Ordering.

17. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Well there you go. lol I'm just happy to be of service. :lol:

18. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Wow, that's awesome! Never seen the double before.....they look fantastic. Now to find a place to put one in my home.....

19. QuakeDude

Due to a lack of any recent figure purchases, I'm 3D Printing my current additions to the cabinets. Going to need more cabinets shortly though :lol:

[​IMG]

mad_mic3 likes this.
  20. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Dude those look awesome! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: