The OCAU "film is not dead" club

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by onrelas, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Spacenoodle

Spacenoodle Member

2. Athiril

Athiril Member

Curious to know if it's the same or updated/improved

3. HorrorLand

HorrorLand Member

I saw a "reformulated" in the press report iirc.

4. Athiril

Athiril Member

Between that and the way theyre selling it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAJCN2TfCGw&app=desktop

It makes forget about all the difficulty between shooting and ending up with a good end image.

5. Bion1c

Bion1c Member

yeah i cant believe they're remaking it.. i thought it was a joke when i first read it

i cant wait to give it a try :thumbup:

6. HorrorLand

HorrorLand Member

Was scanning a bunch of kodachrome today, hard to tame a lot of it was super dense, but when they expose right oh boy! :leet: coming next......? hehe

7. Athiril

Athiril Member

I doubt it. Unless they did free processing for included price with mail in to Kodak processing. The film manufacturing is much simpler, but processing much more convoluted and complex.

Though they could have made Ektachrome just like Kodachrome. They had the tech to fine tune dye wavelengths, so they could have made an Ektachrome process Kodachrome.

But the point was to update and improve and have people move over to the new system.

8. Bion1c

Bion1c Member

wishful thinking unfortunately because of the processing :upset:

ive been worried fuji will stop making slide film then the few remaining labs will stop processing e6 and it will be all over. and i'll be stuck with a freezer full of provia i cant develop!

i reeeeeally wish they would make a 135 400 speed version though.. now that provia 400x is unobtainium

9. HorrorLand

HorrorLand Member

Quick question if you don't mind me asking - how much did you sell those ATLs for?

10. cavanor

cavanor Member

Apart from here (which is great) - are there any other Australian film photography groups with an online presence? Ignoring FB groups as I don't really do SM...

11. HorrorLand

HorrorLand Member

There are a bunch of older aussie guys at RFF that do regular meet-ups. Nice friendly folk, lots of leicas. Although not so much online presence (there is a AU sub-forum but its pretty quiet). FB groups are a shit-hole of hipsters :lol:

12. Athiril

Athiril Member

I think like 500-600. Some independent lab in U.S. bought them intending for parts. One other one someone picked up from my place in Melb at the time.

13. HorrorLand

HorrorLand Member

Wow, does he still have it? :D

14. 13atman

13atman Member

Anyone have recommendations for Brisbane based repairers of OM cameras? Friend has one with a funny shutter. Have tried replacing batteries.

15. adamadam

adamadam Member

Does the shutter go OM...nom nom nom?

16. HorrorLand

HorrorLand Member

17. HorrorLand

HorrorLand Member

Had 4 separate customers come in consecutively at the same time today all after film/dev/help with their film cameras! They ranged from younger hipsters to little old ladies. One had a K1000 and Minox 35, both clueless on using them eg ripping the end of the roll from spool which I had to respool for him.

But none-the-less pretty cool, definitely gaining some momentum lately. I might get myself a voigtlander vito c, so SMALL! Smaller than my XA :p
    Also had a rep come in who has been helping quite a bit with the new rewind lab in SYD, very interesting stuff.

18. Bion1c

Bion1c Member

that is cool man :)

ive been picking up a few scanning jobs.. latest one from a young hipster. i'm doing some b&w dev as well to encourage them to shoot

the guy is using expired b&w film though .. like some FP4 that expired in 1990. they came up ok but pretty grainy / lower contrast. if youre going to all that trouble to shoot / develop / scan spend the extra $5 and use fresh film !!

19. HorrorLand

HorrorLand Member

Are you trying to make sense of a hipster? Smh ...:lol:
    Probably got it for nothing idk. I've got a ton of old long expired stuff from the shop, stored in a damp basement. I don't think its even worth shooting for the lolz.

There is some Sakuracolor 3200 c41, pretty fast but must be completely and utterly ruined.

20. HorrorLand

HorrorLand Member