The OCAU "film is not dead" club

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by onrelas, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Bion1c

Bion1c Member

i actually downsized my scanner collection quite a bit. just kept the best ones :)

There's some interesting developments lately in dslr scanning. One by one the main problems there are being solved (or good solutions found). Negative Lab Pro is a breakthrough in colour correction imho. It's far better than earlier attempts like colorperfect. Check it out if you haven't already..

HorrorLand likes this.
  2. HorrorLand

HorrorLand Member

NLP V1 was very rudimentary in what it was doing under the hood so it is good to see a much more refined version. I think I will give it a shot for the little colour I do now.

3. Hades_au

Hades_au Member

and 2nd hand prices have gone through the roof. I paid $200 for mine a few years ago, now they are $800+

I've put some film up for sale in the forum, I've shot 50+ rolls this year, but just don't use these.

4. HorrorLand

HorrorLand Member

Well I picked up a Durst 4x5 enlarger, missing a few things notably the condensers but for the price can't complain. Not a fan of that type of source anyway I think I will just build a diffuse LED head, everything else I can machine up including a wall mount bracket.
    Will go into lab container will post enlarger project there too if anybody is interested.
    https://forums.overclockers.com.au/threads/long-term-project-container-studio.1261368/

@myoheddie Do you have any spare otocons lying around mate?

5. myoheddie

myoheddie Member

oh nice- what'd you end up with? Laborator 1000?

I've only got diffuser stuff for my ce1000, and thats all for the colour head. Still yet to put the old multigrade head on there, but I'm about to move and have a real space so it'll happen.

There's a few projects floating around on the net with people doing green/blue LEDs for enlargers - looks like the hardest part is getting the contrast steps accurate, and then seeing if you can make it a constant exposure time slope. Once you've got that, an f-stop meter/timer is all you need to be nearly automated.

6. HorrorLand

HorrorLand Member

Yeh mate were you looking at that one too? I was thinking of something even more simple just to get started - remote phosphor white head with a manual under the lens filter turret and see how bad the flaring is. Then I could move onto the G/B even R leds afaik led response is fairly linear (with right drivers) I would just do two separate timed exposures for each rather then mix aka split grade.

Do you have any links to these projects?

Cheers

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  7. Deftone2k

Deftone2k In the Darkroom

8. HorrorLand

HorrorLand Member

9. Deftone2k

10. HorrorLand

HorrorLand Member

If I ever do at this rate haha, bit more involved then the others I've seen.

How to social media? :Paranoid:

11. Deftone2k

You gotta spend the time (sadly).

Id be spending the time building (when you can) instead but also look at some valuable scheduling tools to make your life easier :)

12. HorrorLand

HorrorLand Member