The OCAU "film is not dead" club

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by onrelas, Feb 9, 2008.

1. two40

two40 Member

*sigh*

maybe another time then. only just got home. great score on that camera. :thumbup:

hey, do you know where to get the PX625 battery replacements in sydney? only ones i can find are from http://www.vintagebatteries.com/ it's the wein ones and they apparently only last a couple of months as they are zinc-air...?

2. Khalil

Khalil Member

have you tried dick smith or jaycar?

3. two40

two40 Member

yes to both. i did find a '625' but it was a 1.5v. i need as close to 1.35 as possible. cheers

4. Thraxeh

Thraxeh Member

this is the exact reason i got the spotmatic, it can take 1.55/1.5 volt batteries without the exposure reading getting screwed up.

5. OP
    OP
    onrelas

onrelas Member

Cool, glad you got found something Thraxeh.
    When i got there, people were still setting their tables up, and a couple cameras were bought before i even got a chance to look at them. Guess you need a bit of luck at these types of markets, timing is everything. It was the first one i've ever been to. Definately want to go to more though.

Sorry, cant help you out on the batteries gm:fx. Is there a newer type of replacement for the camera you want to use the battery with? I know with my Olympus's there is, same with the Yashica i just got.
    I have heard about those zinc-air varieties loosing charge pretty quick, but someone told me if you keep them in an air tight place when they're not in the camera, you can get more life out of them.. Dont know how true that is though... hmm

6. Dinuc

Dinuc Member

1936 Rolleicord II Model 1 Zeiss Triotar 3,5/75mm with Compur shutter

2000 Canon 33

1940 Zeiss Ikon 645 75mm Tessar lens with Compur-Rapidshutter.

1967 Konica C35 close-coupled rangefinder 38/2.8 lens

2x 1973 Pentax Spotmatics, Zenitar 16/3.5, 24/2.8, 50/1.4, 85/1.8, 135/3.5, 70-210/4

Olympus Trip 35 40/2.8

1961 Exakta VX IIa, ver7. 25/4, 50/2.8, 135/4, 300/5.6. pentaprism and ground glass adaptor.

1961 Canon Canonet. 45/1.9

1954 Voigtlander Vito II, Color-Skopar 50/3.5 with Synchro-Compur shutter.

1960's Diana Colorama Flash Camera

1972 Yashica 35-Me

2005 Holga 120N mod.

1979 Bronica ETRS 40/2.8, 75/2.8 100Macro/4 150/4

1960 Minolta 16 II 22/2.8 subminiature. (Thanks Pike ! )

Dna

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  7. Munkiboy

Munkiboy Member

just a canon eos 300 here. i would like to get a eos 3 or 5 at somepoint in the future.

i shot a wedding on the weekend with nothing but 1 roll of film :D

was very happy with 22 of the 24 shots. one was a snap taken in the living room at home with a 12mm lens to see what it would look like, and the other was a quick snap when the breeze blew the brides veil, and i wasn't really setup for the shot.

the rest though look good. i wasn't trying to get all the angles and setups that i would have if i was the assigned photographer, but i got some nice ones anyhow. more importantly, all my exposures were good!

8. jerrysk8

jerrysk8 Member

Bronica SQai
    35mm fish
    40mm ultra-wide
    80mm
    150mm
    wlf, metered prism, 120, 220 & polaroid backs

Holga 120n + holga flash

Polaroid sx-70 model 2
    Polaroid slr680
    Polaroid slr680se

9. FB008

FB008 Member

gonna be getting a nikon f75 pretty soon as my first foray into the film realm :)

10. Katunka89

Katunka89 Member

Minolta Himatic 7s I put together from two himatics
    Zenit 12xp
    Pentax 67 SLR, with a few lenses -currently waiting to be repaired.

One day I'd love to own a view camera.

11. OP
    OP
    onrelas

onrelas Member

Oh hells yeah.. :thumbup:
    I finally got my Olymps 35 SP today! wohoo..
    Got a really good deal on it, so i've been loosing sleep the last week wondering if it was actually going to show up or not. Thankfully it did, with a mint original case that i wasnt expecting also.
    Central weighted and spot metering options, 7 element 42 mm f/1.7 Zuiko lens, and in the rare black finish :D
    Here is a quick picture before i've given it a good clean.. I'm in the process of making a light tent/box to take some decent shots of all my cameras.

[​IMG]

Anyone else with some new cameras?

12. -spam-

-spam- Member

Very nice. Saw it pop up in the recent contacts photos thing on flickr just before. Very nice camera.

Im still on the lookout for a near free oly trip for uni though.

Oh and i scored a free Paterson 4 roll developing tank yesterday as well :D

13. Takumi

Takumi Member

fuck that olympus sp is damn sexy i love it!! where u source and how much?

i cant trips in any thirfts stores....

14. Alpha_7

Alpha_7 Member

Wow that Oly 35 looks damn sweet, and a case as well, nice going :)
    Here is my baby currently staying with friends in the UK, but I'll be going over to collect her soon.

[​IMG]

15. djnz

djnz Member

Those markets are held twice a year(Syd/Bris/Melb/Per/Adel/Canb that I know of) and can be good for picking up film gear. The next one here in Melb is Oct I believe. I also managed snagged some Cokin filters for cheap last time so they can be good for other things.

I picked up a Bronica ETRSi at the Melb camera market that was on the 10th. Looking forward the getting the first few rolls developed soon. :)

So add that to the other film gear:

EOS3 + a few lenses
    Konica T4* & FS-1 with 50/1.7 & 135/2.5

*The T4 needs the 1.35v batteries as well. Unfortunately the only replacements that I could find were the Wein cells, or get the meter setup for 1.5V cells. You can always look into the meter setup option but I don't know how much it would cost to do, or even what is involved. However once done you can then use ordinary 1.5V cells. Of course I could have put the cover back on the camera properly in the first place so the battery test button wasn't held down while it was in the cupboard, wasting a brand new mercury cell!

16. OP
    OP
    onrelas

onrelas Member

Oh yeah, i saw some cheap filters too but they were above my $10 budget for the day :D. Next time i'll know what to expect and make more of it. I think theres one coming up in Canberra soon, im considering using it is an excuse for a mini road trip, haha..

Damn nice Leica Alpha. Especailly in black :D (i still think the red "wart" on them are a bit over the top though) One day i'll step up to them, amazing cameras.

Hey Takumi, i scored my SP off eBay, was bit of a gamble but it payed off. To give an idea of price, there was a pretty beat up one with marks and scratches etc for $310. I got my one for less than half that amount delivered, so i was pretty pleased. Normal silver ones are cheaper but exaclty the same (only the colour is different). As far as trips go, they seem to come on eBay in waves. Sometimes there will be heaps, then other times there will only be a few. Need a bit of luck.

Cheers -spam-, where are you scoring these free things from? Uni? Damn, i need to get in on some of that action, haha

17. two40

two40 Member

/me glares at onrelas.

you don't want an SP. certainly not in that ugly black. i'll take it off your hands for a few bucks.

18. -spam-

-spam- Member

Most of my film stuff has come from either knowing the right people or being in the right place at the right time.

The ricoh and all the k mount lenses i have were freebies, both my ricoh rangefinders were as well. The F3, lenses, cokin grads and Metz 45 CT-5 flash were too.

Everything else, i have paid very little for. Will see what i can score from uni when i start next week :D

19. asd

asd (Banned or Deleted)

I thought this was about an OCAU movie that was being made :(

I shoot with a Sony VX2000 - Not exactly film but hey tape is just lots of film in a cartridge, really :Pirate:

20. OP
    OP
    onrelas

onrelas Member

* List updated

lol.. have any ideas? ;)

FB008, have you got your f75 yet? I'll add you to the list when you get it :)
    Oh djnz, i forgot to ask what you thought of your Bronica ETRSi. Have you used any other medium format cameras in the past? How does it compare to them?
    I'm looking at getting a medium format camera and the ETRSi is on my "short list".
    cheers