The Official Aion Thread

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Xyph, May 17, 2009.

1. RSBlue

RSBlue Member

Yeah, I pre-ordered a CE from NCSoft, see ya guys in the CBT.

2. Tiberio

Tiberio Member

all preloaded and ready to go

oh and for those of you on windows 7 64bit and getting a gameguard error: 0

http://blog.integrii.net/?p=231 fixed it for me

3. sKyz

sKyz Member

Yes NCsoft, minus Richard Garriott.

4. DarkNation-

DarkNation- Member

I'll probably jump on this as soon as its released.
    It's looking great. I was a heavy Guild Wars player and this looks a lot like a pumped up version of GW.

Whats the verdict guys? I havn't heard much feedback from the beta testers.

5. kona_boy

kona_boy Member

It's very asian. That's the only "downside" at the moment. All the voices and animations are very "japanime" if you like.

It's a little annoying to have your character squeal like a little oriental school girl everytime she casts a spell. That said, it's an English remake of a Korean game so if you're not into asian stuff then some little things like this will bug you. It doesn't detract from the actual gameplay much it's just a little nit picky really.

I hope they redo all the voices still. So far the actual localization has been pretty good. The graphics are solid, being an MMO you can't go too overboard. It's based on the old Crysis engine so naturally it's better most MMOs.

Can't wait for this beta weekend - really keen to keep trying it out.

6. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

level 45 cleric solo on youtube... only used half her mana bar.

Rofl... those squeaky voices. Chipmunks!

Aion is first generation CryEngine. First generation CryEngine was used for Far Cry 1.

Crysis is second generation CryEngine.

The standard between the two is pretty distinct when CryEngine 2 makes you wet your pants.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  7. kona_boy

kona_boy Member

Same shit different smell. I got the names mixed up :Pirate:. It's based on the Far Cry engine, not too shabby.

8. Tiberio

Tiberio Member

cmon Friday... hurry up

9. sKyz

sKyz Member

Hey if we buy a local copy, would it be tied to the US servers or the EU servers?

10. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

NCSoft usually market game releases in Australia as part of the EU group. Guild Wars and CoH both set me in the EU region until i changed them to North American servers.

With that said i'm still a bit on the sidelines on whether to play Aion or not. The visuals dont phase me all that much. and open pvp everywhere.... whoopeedoo. i've had my fair share of open pvp everywhere. its not my taste.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  11. kona_boy

kona_boy Member

Lol i know, I'm biting at the bit. Probs gonna set my alarm nice and early to jump on. I'm re-rolling Elyos with my mate

It's an MMO, not really visual oriented. That said it's a lot more than what most MMO's currently have.

12. sKyz

sKyz Member

Thanks for that. I really don't know what server I'll be playing on. I guess I'll wait and see where OCAU players gravitate to.

IMO I like the visual style and graphics. I was playing in the starting area one time and saw this huge ass sting ray flew by. I was like damn... wow...

Black Cloud Earring... enhances health, mana and bust size. :D

13. Tiberio

Tiberio Member

i guess we can just choose a server state our char names here, faction, class etc.

add to friends list (if theres one)

14. kona_boy

kona_boy Member

Gah!

Just loaded up the launcher and installed the updates. Won't load now :( Mate is having the same problem :upset:

15. cs-cam

cs-cam Member

Be more specific? There are some known problems with Windows 7 that are fairly easily worked around if thats it.

Made me late for work this morning :lol: Started a Elyos warrior on Seil named Maintank. Game looks nice, fairly well polished for a beta but I guess thats because its been retail in China for a while now. One thing I couldn't find was a latency indicator, while I'm not expecting Oceanic servers and I didn't pick up on any noticable lag, it would be nice to get a rough idea on how handicapped we'll be in Abyss PvP.

16. kona_boy

kona_boy Member

Yea that's annoying too, not having a latency icon.

It's allfixed for me now, most people were saying it's a Gameguard problem so I disabled my firewall and it's all sweet. Gameguard though srsly, so bad.

17. kona_boy

kona_boy Member

wowzer, spell chains are awesome.

The casting/combat system was VERY meh until level 7 when you get your first chain move. Pretty cool mechanic :D

18. cs-cam

cs-cam Member

Nice, I played for about 45mins at 6am this morning but I'm stuck at work all day today :( Got to level 5 and was fairly impressed so now I'm really looking forward to getting home and having a crack at the chain abilities :D

19. kona_boy

kona_boy Member

Oh, and a hint at level 9, drop everything and do the new campaign quest. It gives you a whole level. ie. it gives you however much XP you need to hit 10. So no point doing anything else besides it.

ps. you get a nice weapon at the end too and off to a new zone.

20. sKyz

sKyz Member

Anyone having problems while playing Aion, minimising and starting a program (like Firefox or iTunes)? Me thinks it's GameGuard's fault.