The Official Aion Thread

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Xyph, May 17, 2009.

1. Panda Effect

Panda Effect New Member

It's a shame that Aion has lost a lot of it's player base, i still love and play the game. Cant deny it's well made.

2. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

Well made - For Koreans.

As an attempt to westernise a Korean Grind-Game. It's an abject failure.

It was just a grab for box sales, feed the quest text through Google Translate, Launch in NA.

3. Zabba

Zabba Member

I see that you didn't play the game much... ;)

4. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Nar i enjoyed Aion. It was a very well made Korean grind fest. It was fun.

And those wings meant you could almost glide across the whole map. :thumbup:

5. Chris H

Chris H Member

Have my aion installed and up to date..
    Looking forward to it going F2P :)

Amazing game, just didnt have the player base for me to stay.

6. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

Quiet the opposite :). (Total level across all of my chars would be over 300, Inc 4 fairly well geared 55's (pve only though) :))

It got less and less grindy with each patch.

But the culture behind the game never changed.

There was no western development team.

7. Panda Effect

Panda Effect New Member

Nice,

I got the collectors edition in 2009, went off it for a few years and now im coming back to it.

Only level 34 but I'm trying to level as much as I can after work, finding time is hard now with a full time job. Have to love those school nights when homework didn't matter.

You have any nice tips you've learnt from playing at that level?

8. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

Don't :).

I read the forums occasionally, and still see exactly the same complaints being made about things that were complained about on launch.

Now its F2P, you will need to spend a small fortune if you want to be competitive.

In all honesty, If it wasn't worth the $15/mo when it was Subscription based, you should not go back to it now because it is free.

Grinding is quicker than questing, find a decent loop, put some tunes on and zone out :).

9. Zabba

Zabba Member

False

I don't know if you have seen their store, but nothing there gives you an edge.

Unless you consider wearing a red armor makes you faster :lol:

10. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

Hour long speed scrolls that can't be stripped - Cash Advantage

Instance Cooldown Reset Timers - Cash Advantage

Penguin Candy that increase run speed and attack or cast speed - Cash Advantage

Bonus Enchantment Stones for Cash Sales - Cash Advantage

Bonus Tahabata Weapons for Cash Sales - Cash advantage (Tahabata Tome is still one of the best tomes for a PvP combine).

It's all a matter of degrees, and NC will push it as far as they can, A little bit at a time.

If you want a few quick 55's for 3.0, you can have mine for $500 :).

11. Zabba

Zabba Member

Hour long speed scrolls that can't be stripped - You can still spam normal scrolls that do exactly the same, just shorter time span. But they are cheap anyway.

Penguin Candy that increase run speed and attack or cast speed - I have collected more transformation candy than my warehouse can hold :p

Bonus Enchantment Stones for Cash Sales - The success rate still sucks

Bonus Tahabata Weapons for Cash Sales - They are only weapon skins, not the actual weapon

If you want a few quick 55's for 3.0, you can have mine for $500 :).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer I have my own lvl 55's ;)

12. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

You cannot spam scrolls, they have a 10 or 15s cooldown on them. The issue is that the hour long scrolls cannot be stripped. Meaning that they give a player who bought them an advantage over a player who did not.

Not all transformation candy results in an increase in stats, I doubt your warehouse is full of ones that do (AFAIK, only penguin candy did). Especially considering they stack to over 9000!. These were only availble in-game for a limited time, once again giving cash shop players an advantage over non-cash shop players.

Sure, the success rate sucks, but still, If someone buys 100 stones, they have 100 extra shots over the person that did not.

The Bonus weapons are the actual weapons. Not just the skins.

I think the move to F2P is a good move for Aion. The population was dipping below the critical mass required for servers to function correctly. But NC-Soft are not known for listening to their customers, so It will turn into a fully pay-to-win game over the next year or so. With each round of new store items, just a little bit more game changing than the last.

13. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Yay Aion is f2p now. This will make a good filler mmo while I'm bored of wow/sick of d3/swtor sub lapses(game isn't good enough to maintain an ongoing sub). It'll be a nice game to play occasionally especially since I won't feel obligated to play because I'm paying

Ok logged in for the first time. Game seems a little different than I remember. The controls aren't acting as responsive as they should, the interface is slightly different too... The new characters you can make are very anime and scary looking lol and it's REALLY nice to see lots of people talking and activity around the towns! last time I played Aion was pretty dead. Sadly I don't think it'll stay busy and active as once the excitement dies down the server will be alot less populated i'm betting....

I don't know if this is new but the character select screen is different from last time I saw it. (Last year) everyone was standing on a beach. Now they're in some kind of garden and Sanctum looks different from how I remember too... I'm pleased to see that if the server is lagging I can't tell. I havn't been rubber banded so much as once so far! though there isn't a built in latency meter still which is annoying :( /ping however still works. The result I get somewhat depresses me however. It's back what WoW used to be when I played on my old connection (700ms) which would explain why my skills seem a little unresponsive

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  14. ernie

ernie Member

Aion is pretty active now since the Free To Play thing was launched. I have started playing it again, over the past week (Elyos on Siel) checking out the 3.1 content, as I got quickly bored with Diablo 3.

- Ernie.

15. Randy_Chuggs

Randy_Chuggs (Banned or Deleted)

I played Aion when it was launched, would I be able to use all those characters now?

16. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Yes, all my characters which I hadnt touched in ages were still there. They'll likely be on a new server and renamed but they'll still exist

17. ernie

ernie Member

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  18. h2oxide

h2oxide Member

Downloading this now since its F2P and I got bored of GW2

19. blackbunny

blackbunny Member

decided to give a go to mmorpg.

got tera caz of sexy, but its hell booring, no1 on servers.

tried aion, pretty fun. but i dont understand what is the fun of going around doing things very very slowly. leveling, travel sooo slow....:(

20. Badger

Badger Caveat lector

Hi guys,

I played Aion back when it came out, and want to try it again - is there any way to get the massive install files without getting them direct from NC-soft? I'm not keen on using my whole quota this month to get the game files. I can get stuff unmetered through filearena/some other gaming servers.
    cheers