The Official Aion Thread

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Xyph, May 17, 2009.

1. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

I read that they are launching with Stun-Breaks and Weapon combining, so its not the true 1.0 experience :).
    I think they will tweak the XP gain as well, because in OG 1.0, it took a LONG time to hit max level, most of which was mindless grinding on mobs... I must have slaughtered the entire population of Calydons 100x over to go from 49 to 50.

2. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Member

Even though i enjoyed it when it launched i just can't see the appeal in classic version.
    Especially with a $15 sub, i think they will struggle to get many players for more than a month.

3. ernie

ernie Member

It's kind of a hybrid, the game content is Aion 1.0, but the client interface is Aion 2.7 hence the remove shock and some other things.

The $15US sub seems high, but back in 2009 the sub was $15AUD which is about $11.50US now so it's only gone up $3.50US in 12 years.
    Still, I reckon they would get a lot more players, especially from South America where the wages are low, if they made it $10US/mth.

The Aion Classic client downloads went online about half an hour ago for those that are interested. Mine is downloading at about 50Mbps on NBN, it's a 15.18GB download.

4. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

I'm online in Aion Classic right now, it looks like you have 24hrs where you can play for free so if you want to go in and take a squiz without putting down any $$$ now is a good time :)

5. shirl

shirl Member

I'll give it a month or 2 before I try it out,see how server population goes,I played Aion from beta, collector's edition on the shelf,it was a really good game I really enjoyed it,but I'll still wait..

6. ernie

ernie Member

Seems to be going ok. I had a problem with DCing on Siel during fort sieges, so I re-rolled on Israphael which has a half the server population, even though my PC handled the siege graphics ok, I think the extra ping time from AU puts it right on the threshold of some server timeout.

I am enjoying the simplicity of the original game, even though there is a major grind for XP and AP compared to later Aion. It's kind of a time fill during lockdowns.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021