The Official Game Backlog Progress Thread!

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by power, Apr 5, 2013.

1. power

power Member

So I thought this might be a great idea for a thread and hopefully I can inspire some of you to broaden your horizons and get through those games, think of this thread like a gamers anonymous thread only you come here to confess what awesome games you have not finished and then you update us when you've pushed on through and broken out the other side for victory!

Oh and I don't consider 100 percenting completing, unless that's what you wanna do that's cool too :)

Being that I'm starting this thing I guess I need to participate, so here's a part of my list.

Just Cause 2 (currently playing - absorbs so much time faffing about that I don't know if I'll ever "finish" it.

Gemini Rue - I love this but it's still unfinished. The icon stares at me from the desktop every time I fire up something new.

GTAIV episodes - So I've finished TL&TD but not BOGT, the great news is my procrastination means the game runs great and Liberty City still puts a lot of worlds out there to shame for sheer charm and fun.

Borderlands 2 - yes it's on the pile, I seem to fire this up when I'm tired and then I lose my patience in the respawning enemy areas (I love a good enemy clearing so I can wander around and just look at "stuff").

Alice Madness Returns - I got the shits with this but I was enjoying it, hmm must go back.

Psychonauts - shame of all shames and I am a fair way through I just keep getting distracted by shiny things.

Fallout New Vegas - I honestly can't remember why I never finished it but dammit I'm not living with the shame anymore, and now that all the DLC is out I will play it from the beginning to the end!

Saints Row 3 (same thing happens in this as happens in Just Cause 2 - damn you open world shenanigans!)

Dragon Age Origins - I love this game I really do, but I took a break to play a couple of something elses and completely forgot wtf I was doing - big mistake!!

that'll do for now, I promise to update myself when I whittle the pile down. :)

2. JoJoker

JoJoker (Banned or Deleted)

I'd run out of ink in my keyboard if I tried to write up the games I've started and haven't finished.

I'll put Bishock up the top of it though.

3. r8response

r8response Member

Portal
    Portal 2
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Batman Arkham City
    Borderlands 1/2
    Skyrim
    Fallout Las Vegas

4. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

Witcher 2 - i love the intro, i love the look of it, i love the sound of it, tried playing this through 2 times, both times i just get up to flotsam and then i just somehow never get around to playing it again, eventually it gets deleted off the SSD

Skyrim - started this a few times too, too opened ended, felt like playing real life instead everytime i fired it up

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  5. Life_Essence

Life_Essence Member

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
    have finished Call of Pripyat but not SoC. I got it when it first came out and got to a point where I was too scared to continue.

Torchlight- I actually got very close to finishing this then number 2 came out and I never got there.

6. AthlonMan

AthlonMan (Banned or Deleted)

I think I've got about another twenty minutes of Crysis 3 to complete it. Can I bare that god awful wank-fest for a full twenty minutes? No, I'll have to do it through four separate sittings I think.

Should finish Dishonored in a couple of days. The game's amazing and I'm regretting having not purchased it earlier. (scratch that. completed today).

Black Mesa. Probably finish it in a month or so...

StarCraft & StarCraft HOTS. Only up to mission three on HOTS, had to put it to the back to finish Tomb Raider and Max Payne 3 (both of which were freakin' awesome) and yet to finish SC (close).

Those are the games I know I'll finish.

Games that I won't finish for a looong time or will probably never finish;

Crysis 2
    Borderlands 2
    F1 2012
    Diablo III
    GTA IV

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  7. Brick

Brick Member

Far Cry 2
    Alice: The Madness Returns
    Witcher 2
    Metro 2033
    Borderlands 2 (working through it at the moment)
    Just Cause 2
    Wolfenstein (the newer one)
    Fallout 3
    Penumbra trilogy
    Amnesia
    Duke Nukem Forever

There's probably more I haven't listed as well. I think most games that I buy I tend to play a few hours of and then never get back to them, although I've been better at completing games recently

8. Queenie

Queenie Member

About 50 gamecube games.

180 64 games. (I have all of them, but only completed half or so)

Final Fantasy 7-13 ( I just have them, never played- bought a year or so ago)

Mods for games:

3 different mount and blade: warband mods.

Probably some singleplayer jedi outcast/academy mods.

Call of duty's
    Fallout 3
    Morrowind
    Oblivion
    Skyrim
    Borderlands (thought played, not finished)
    Amnesia
    Jericho
    COH
    Warhammer 40k Dawn of War+things
    Wolfenstein
    Return to Dark Castle
    titan quest
    two worlds II
    The witcher 1 and 2
    Vessel
    Saint's Row's.
    Quake Series.
    Overlord 1, 2
    Metro 2033
    LA Noire.
    Star Wars Lego Clone Wars/ LOTR / Harry Potter
    King Arthur (PC)
    Half-life
    From Dust
    Doom 3.

About 30 others on the steam list never played.

9. Boneman

Boneman Member

Get on this now, arguably one of the best periods in my gaming history.

10. gnarlyrocks

gnarlyrocks Member

Well this is my Steam account

Games Owned: 987
    Games Played: 158
    Games Never Played: 829
    Percentage Played: 16.01 %
    Total Hours: 1529.70

So yeah I have a stupidly large pile of shame that I doubt is ever really going to decrease. I want to finish Infinite in 1999 mode but the story isn't really that good for a second playthrough ):

11. broccoli

broccoli Member

I've got a zillion games I've never looked at and probably never will. I can't kill that alien in Crysis. I don't know how to kill him so I'll probably never finish that game. I haven't finished my Lego indiana jones and I started lord of the rings but only for about a minute. I bought an XBox but I haven't even turned it on. I started something on the PS3 but I got stuck on that. I started some other thing on the PS2 but I got stuck on that. I started another one on the PC but I haven't played that.

I shouldn't have games. I should have stuck with the one game that I played for 7 years.

12. Sandez

Sandez Member

Farcry 3, Mass Effect 2, the Mafia series, the new Sam and Max series, Europa Universalis 3, and a lot of indie games bought on a whim that I haven't played yet.

13. Ospi

Ospi Member

Far Cry 3
    Bioshock 2
    Tomb Raider (new one)
    The Witcher
    Skyrim
    Crysis 2
    Stalker - clear sky

14. breno

breno Member

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Love this game but started over about 5 times, gotta get it finished

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - About half way thru, not a bad game but struggling to keep me gripped

Just Cause 2 - probably never finish, so much chaos to cause lol

Omikron: The Nomad Soul - a game i'm really wanting to get into but yet again keep restarting it over and over.

Splinter Cell: Conviction - Finding it hard to get into, probably not splinter cell-ish enough for me i dunno.

15. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

I have put 30 hours into this and I'm still on the second last level. I have really enjoyed it, absolutely sensational game with gorgeous art direction, utterly immersive environments and story, and strong game mechanics.

I put 63 hours into this before getting distracted with something else, and I didn't even get close to finishing. I think I'll have to start again now I have all the DLC. :lol:

16. Brick

Brick Member

Except the controls can be a right pain sometimes :mad:

17. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Ah yeah, this is the only time I've been tempted to pick up a controller. It's my first platformer, and the camera does weird things sometimes; I've found navigating using keyboard and mouse less than intuitive at times.

18. DrFrag

DrFrag Member

My GF plays this with infinite health, infinite ammo, and no reloading. It basically becomes a cable hook sandbox, and looks far more fun that way.

I got about 15 hours into DAO and quit in frustration because I didn't care about a single character in the game. They all irritated me. I had fun hitting on Morrigan, but her response set off my slut alarm. I'm more of an Elder Scrolls guy.

My big list of games I haven't started yet:

A Valley Without Wind 2
    Alien Breed 2: Assualt
    Alpha Prime
    Atom Zombie Smasher
    Avencast
    Beep
    Big Brain Wolf
    Blocks That Matter
    Bob Came in Pieces
    Borderlands
    Botanicula
    Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
    Caster
    Chrome
    Chrome: Specforce
    Closure
    Company of Heroes
    Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
    Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
    Crash Time II
    Cubemen
    Darksiders
    Deadlight
    E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
    Eufloria
    F.E.A.R.
    Fallout 3 GOTY
    Future Wars
    Grand Theft Auto IV
    Gratuitous Space Battles
    Greed: Black Border
    Grotesque Tactics 2 - Dungeons and Donuts
    Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
    Hack, Slash, Loot
    Intrusion 2
    Larva Mortus
    The Last Remnant
    Lone Survivor
    Lugaru HD
    Metro 2033
    Monday Night Combat
    Monkey Island 2: Special Edition
    Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals
    Offspring Fling!
    Oil Rush
    Pacific Storm
    Pacific Storm: Allies
    The Path
    Penguins Arena: Senda's World
    Penumbra: Overture
    Port Mortem
    Psychonauts
    Puzzle Bots
    Red Faction: Armageddon
    RIP
    RIP 2: Strike Back
    RIP 3: The Last Hero
    Robin Hood
    Saira
    The Scourge Project: Episode 1 and 2
    Scratches: Director's Cut
    The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
    Shank
    Snapshot
    Space Trader: Merchant Marine
    Spectromancer
    Splice
    Star Wars - Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
    Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
    Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
    Star Wars: Dark Forces
    Steel Storm: Burning Retribution
    Stellar Impact
    Still Life
    Still Life 2
    Super Crate Box
    Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP
    Syberia
    Syberia 2
    Tank Universal
    Titan Quest
    Tomb Raider: Anniversary
    Trapped Dead
    Universe Sandbox
    Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
    Vessel
    Vigil: Blood Bitterness
    Wasteland Angel

Damn ... 88 games. I thought I was progressing. Not as bad as Gnarlyrocks, but I've been working on getting it down from 90 a year ago. Finished Super Hexagon, 10,000,000, and A Valley Without Wind in the past couple of weeks. I can usually resist Steam sales, but those Humble Indie Bundles get me.

Games I've started and would like to finish:

Skyrim - I'm 225 hours in, finished every sidequest, and never fast travelled. I really need to get back into this and finish the main questline.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - I think I did the first mission. I got bogged down trying to get the perfect stealth achievement, but I loved the Ghost in the Shell vibe.

Bioshock - I got about 1/4 through this. I really should try again with all the good things I've read about Bioshock Infinite.

Torchlight II - I'd sort of like to finish it ... it's just ... I can't tell the difference between this and the first one. And I got my fill of the first one playing the infinite dungeon.

Saints Row 2+3 - I've only played these in multiplayer, I should give the single player campaigns a shot.

Amnesia - Finished the main game, keep meaning to play Justine or whatever it's called.

Dead Space - I'd like to finish this, but I'm too scared to play it. Creepy horror is okay, but this is like The Thing meets Aliens times a million. It's like everything Doom 3 wasn't.

19. kreegor

kreegor Member

I've recently started going through my list on steam. I'm up to C ;)

20. cccino

cccino Member

If I think about it too hard I'll realise I buy games more frequently than I finish them, so the [huge] list just keeps getting longer. I'd rather live in ignorance.

Mind you, I finally got around to finishing the last two missions of Blood Money, so that's something. Next up, the last few cases of LA Noire. That'll give me the HD space I need to install Psychonauts. :rolleyes: