The Outer Worlds - from Obsidian

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by boneburner, Dec 7, 2018.

1. spank36

spank36 Member

I was wondering why I couldn't see my character in the inventory, turns out it's a bug with the latest AMD driver. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next driver!

2. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

hahah yeah.. amd.. hahaha..

aokman and macktheknife like this.
  3. zeegermans

zeegermans Member

I'm really enjoying it. I like the fallout feel without the damn radiation!. not as much variety/randomness with weapons tho. Really enjoying smashing enemies with 2 handed hammers!

4. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Laugh it up, fuzzball!

Yeah, i didn't have a single issue for hours on 19.10.1. Updated to the .2 hotfix with the performance increases for outer worlds, and have the same black character models in the inventory, and also just had a force-close crash :/

spank36 likes this.
  5. Ospi

Ospi Member

My only genuine complaint is how empty it can feel with the npc's not really seeming overly "alive" which is something witcher 3 and even kingdom comes kinda set the standard for imo.

Otherwise the game play is enjoyable and the dialog is very good. Graphically it's lacking but the art style does help it a lot in that regard.

6. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

It's bring back fallout new vegas vibes for me. Going around trying to solve everyone's problems.

7. MrBS

MrBS Member

Loving this so far. Done with the first world on to the next woo!

8. xcessive303

xcessive303 Member

Its like Elex, FONV and Bioshock had a baby which isn't a bad thing at all.

9. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I would have said the Gothic series set the standard for NPC activity.

10. raGneG

raGneG Member

So far so Fallout. It's kinda disappointing in some ways just how familiar it is. I mean the only difference is space corporitism instead of post-apocalypse corporatism. Shrugs, still, it's actually a finished tight game. Breath of fresh air.. but it's kinda like going back to that amazing place you went to on holiday once and, it's just not as amazing as the first time, even if the weather is better.

11. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

Yeah I kinda agree, It’s a bit too similar to previous games.

12. raGneG

raGneG Member

It kinda pisses me off they keep saying ' the game was finished 2 years ago' because there is clearly a bunch of stuff they could have done.

I mean, you can't even config sprint/crouch to be 'hold' or 'toggle'. Jumping while crouched goes back to crouch but sprinting while crouched cancels the crouch..

Simple stuff...

Theres a distinct lack of innovation here and it's kinda like people have decided to celebrate a game purely because it's actually finished and isn't riddled with money making bullshit. I try not to think about it too much. I fully support Obsidian and would recommend the game to anyone.. but it's basically a polished re-skin of New Vegas.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  13. kogi

kogi Member

As one of the reviews said, It a warm comfy blanket.

I do like you don't have those boring mini games to unlock/hack

Drizz06, aokman and raGneG like this.
  14. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

Yeah. Personally I see a lot of this. People want to like it.

Its okay. Its moderately well made and somewhat entertaining. The dialog is probably the most interesting thing about it but the gameplay is fairly mediocre, the gunplay doesnt feel satisfying, it feels quite unbalanced with regards to perks, the maps are very small even if there are a lot of them, the map buildings are pretty heavily recycled, and its very easy to dominate the game even on hard.

I would give it like a 7 out of 10 mostly because it *appears* bug free for me and the dialog branching keeps it interesting. I am only playing to finish it and then would not pick it up again. Glad its a Game Pass game.

raGneG likes this.
  15. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

Lets just say if this was an EA title, it would probably get shredded for being derivative shit.

raGneG and DangerMaus like this.
  16. aokman

aokman Member

why would you even need SLI.... if my old TitanXP can handle 4K max settings

17. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. I was just going to post that it feels like this game isn't that hard as it seems like I'm barely 5 minutes in (exaggeration of course) and I've already got a companion and were both armed to the teeth with assault rifles, armour and plenty of ammo wasting anything that comes near us with ease.

I've always enjoyed the initial struggle in games to level your character up and find the best weapons/armour you can use before eventually later down the track reaching a point where you can take on pretty much everything. This feels like that was over in just minutes of starting the game which was a shame.

Still overall enjoying it but it could be better.

18. spank36

spank36 Member

Yeah you need to play this one on Hard or even the one above that I reckon.

19. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

If it had good sli my gpus would run cooler. With just one the single 980ti is getting really hot.

I think you really only need three weapons, one for sneak sniping (charge plasmagun), one high capacity machine gun once combat starts then maybe a melee.

spank36 likes this.
  20. kogi

kogi Member

Not going to worry about different damage types and weaknesses?