The Outer Worlds - from Obsidian

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by boneburner, Dec 7, 2018.

1. bart5986

bart5986 Member

If you took out one of your 980ti's your gpu would run cooler :lol:

Fair enough that you have two 980ti's but what exactly even works properly with SLI anymore with a 980ti?

2. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Don't really need to, it's too easy as it is.

3. aokman

aokman Member

bahahaha or sell them both and get one good card.

macktheknife likes this.
  4. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

The most recent big games I've played were Battlefield 5 and Far Cry 5. Cities Skylines also works. I think Doom 2016 did as well. Sometimes with a little tweaking but yeah.

I am waiting for Ampere to say goodbye to SLI. Depending on the release date, Cyberpunk 2077 might be their final hurrah.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  5. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

The story, voice acting, dialog and decision choices has been excellent so far, pretty top tier stuff, good level design detail too, even if the maps have been a bit small.

hlokk likes this.
  6. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

No, just no.

7. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

We get it, you hate the game. Sheesh.
    Currently tracking at 8/10 rated both critic and user. Guess your in the minority.

8. aokman

aokman Member

I'm loving it, yeah its a bit easy so im cranking up difficulty

9. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

Because general public opinion is always right?

Yeah, its not really hard to see why the group think like it. As I said, you change this to EA published and it'd be getting 6s and general abuse.

DangerMaus likes this.
  10. simontifik

simontifik Member

I really like that the maps are on the small side. Can knock out most of the quests in an area then move on before it gets boring. It’s way more manageable for a time poor dad gamer!

11. bennyling

bennyling Member

I read some reviews before launching into it, and they all mentioned it was a little too easy on the standard difficulty mode, so I started on hard.

And it was hard — I was getting smashed regularly until I started choosing my guns and battles a little more carefully. I was about 10 hours in, and I found that my guns weren't cutting it, and I had to start taking damage types into account. Still haven't used a Aderno heal, I rely on my own regenerative health and carbs for the 200% health regen boost to get by.

Really liking it, though! The combat isn't perfect, but the rest gets pretty close to my ideal happy place of story, quest, and loot.

12. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

start combat by going into stealthcrouch then chargin up a plasmagun headshot, switch to the light machine gun to mow down everyone else. the time dilation is still a bit finnicky to use because it's still "real time" even though it's slowed down.

13. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

You clearly don't get it. If you'd read my post you'd have seen I'm enjoying it. It's not an 8 or 9 though and it doesn't deserve GOTY like some reviewers fawning over it suggest. It's a solid 6, maybe a 7 if you ignore the jank.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  14. aokman

aokman Member

It probably deserves GOTY based on the other shit it is being compared to this year.

15. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

General consensus doesn't match my personal opinion, their opinions are wrong /s

Phalanx likes this.
  16. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

So I got off the first planet so now stuck on a ship with a cleaning robot :D

17. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

The game lacks any real innovation but the dialogue and characters are top notch and I’m enjoying the game. Just wish it was a bit harder and there was decent loot to pickup.

18. power

power Member

i'm only following this atm does it have old timey music like fallout? I love me some old timey music in the wasteland.

19. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

No but the soundtrack is pretty decent

20. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

That was for me one of the best features of the Fallout games as it really helped to set the atmosphere. Unashamedly I'll admit I use to sing along to many of the songs as I was exploring the wasteland. :D

Sadly nothing of the sort here although I think that's probably a good thing. I think Obsidian are probably acutley aware that there was always going to be a lot of comparisons made to Fallout and that having similar music as well might have taken things a step too far. Everytime I play the game, especially when using the computer terminals, I feel like I'm playing Fallout.