The Outer Worlds - from Obsidian

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by boneburner, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Boneman

Boneman Member

There is a teeny bit of Mass Effect vibe too.

Flamin Joe likes this.
  2. ZXR

ZXR Member

For the people saying it's a bit easy, what difficulty are you playing it on?

I started on whatever is above standard, and it's a bit of a challenge. I was about 4 hours into a playthrough on standard and thought I'd better up the difficulty as it was too easy.

3. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

Playing on Hard, I believe the next setting turns on survival crap. I just want more challenging combat

4. MrBS

MrBS Member

Level 11 at the moment just about to leave the second area and enjoying myself. Still stealing everything!

Drizz06 likes this.
  5. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I'm playing on the second hardest, didn't want to deal with survival stuff.

6. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i am playong on regular cos i am not really into the stat heavy aspect of falloit style games.

7. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

Haha I can’t help myself I take everything!
    Have got about 5000 rounds of ammo and Currently lvl 12. I haven’t really concentrated on spec’ing my character I just point a crap ton of points to dialog and lock pick skills.

spank36 likes this.
  8. spank36

spank36 Member

I made a dumb character with really high speech skills. Bloody hilarious!

hlokk and Pinkeh like this.
  9. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

I was wondering where you got that vibe but then after I got off the first planet and went to Groundbreaker I got it. :) Just the companion selection alone before disembarking did it for me.

Boneman likes this.
  10. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Finished the good ending. Now speeding through the second playthrough to do the bad and the dumb ending.

my current character is super dumb. the dialog options are hilarious.

spank36 likes this.
  11. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

I'm enjoying this already, and I haven't even bought or played it.

12. hlokk

hlokk Member

The most frustrating thing I’ve found so far is the jumping. Why so many diagonal and difficult jumps (admittedly only to out of the way areas). I have the double forward dash but there’s one spot on groundbreaker that requires a diagonal that i can’t seem to make. And another where I know you can get to but I can’t figure out on the
    community centre
    at Edgewater (not sure if that really needs a spoiler).

A few graphical shortcuts playing on Xbone. Sometimes wood floors are super low res. In conversation, if it switches to a companion, there’s half a second when it shows low res details before switching to high res. Some slow frame rates. Also, they recycled the two volcanoes in the distance at Edgewater. You think they could have at least rotated one? (The same face with the same details is facing you for both locations). The worst graphical thing is the minuscule text size though. Hard to read on a tv across the room :(

That being said, these are minor gripes for a lot of good in the game. The game can be very dialog heavy if you go though all the options, but the dialog is great and makes you want to go through all the questions by making it rewarding (info, quests, lore, background). Same with the terminals and pads. You can really piece together little background stories or character motivations/relationships. Seems a huge number of ways you can play it out, especially with being able to kill all the NPCs and still make it work by alternate means. Or to use speech to get around things.

One tip: look around, behind, under, on top of everything. There are so many nooks and crannies where good stuff can be hidden. I also like that stolen items aren’t marked like in Skyrim/fallout 4 :lol:

13. MrBS

MrBS Member

Currently level 20, thinking I might be nearing the end and had a quick look at walkthrough and going by the mission list I'm probably only half done, its so good though!

14. power

power Member

apparently this happens on all versions.

macktheknife likes this.
  15. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

Yeah I'm seeing low res floor textures ocassionally. Happens when I'm transitioning in and out of buildings/areas which require loading but just for a split second before it's replaced by high res textures.

16. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

so after killing the power to edgewater, everyone is the town is gunning after me so i just killed them all LUL

macktheknife and Fischbitz like this.
  17. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

well i cleared the dumb and bad ending in about a day. :D
    on your second playthrough make a dumb character, to unlock dumb dialog options. hilarious!

Outer worlds finished in about 45 hours.

I'd say the game's 10/10.

hlokk likes this.
  18. Boneman

Boneman Member

Marry me Parvati.

macktheknife likes this.
  19. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

During the main questline I did the first of the two long missions to get a faction to help you.

I had been playing for a while and had run out of patience, about to save/quit but I figured I'd go see what the second group wanted.

And it was done inane bullshit the town with 50+ people could easily handle. Their leader repeatedly refused to just do what I told him and after an ultimatum I went fuck this, ran out of patience and slaughtered him and his mates. Solved that problem nicely.

20. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I actually wanted to whack the board embassador on the Groundbreaker just to see what happens.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    macktheknife likes this.