The post pics of yer 2 channel audio setup thread

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Arcadia, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Clem

Clem Member

Very true, living in a unit and am actually lucky to have that space...but in 12 months the house will be built and I've managed to secure a music room which I'll re post a picture then.

MUTMAN likes this.
  2. Stooge007

Stooge007 Member

could you switch the bookcase and speaker?

3. Clem

Clem Member

I could, and I do have a couple of sets. I only just got my main speakers back in circulation and it's only 12 months more and I will have the room for it all.
    I definitely could do with more space, and i have none..

I am trying to work out how to transmit from the amp via (?) BT dongle to my BT headphones as this really isn't the best set up for the family situation. Anyone done or have this set up working?

4. Amfibius

Amfibius Member

With a setup like that I would consider Ambiophonics. http://www.ambiophonics.org/

I have the opposite problem. I have a rather large TV I have to accomodate between the speakers, which means I can't try Ambiophonics myself. If I had a setup like yours, I would definitely experiment.

5. Skitz0

Skitz0 Member

I really dislike the fake wood on the side of the Marantz HD-AMP1. So I removed them today and had them vinyl wrapped gloss black.
    It turned out quite nice but the edges aren't perfect which will eventually bother my OCD but for now its fine.

Before

Click to view full size!

After

Click to view full size!

mAJORD and elvis like this.
  6. jeimuzu

jeimuzu Member

Looks great imho. You could always sand, prime and spray paint it :p

7. Skitz0

Skitz0 Member

Cheers. I think painting it will be the way to go but my painting skills aren't going to cut it.

8. oohms

oohms Member

My lounge setup changes from time to time but it is set up as 2 back to back stereo setups that can be changed to one surround setup for movies. I love the sound and could happily live with it as my 'forever setup'

Front setup
    IMG_20180303_233014.jpg
    Seas Trym, Aurasound NS18 actively crossed over at 110hz
    Pre out from Yamaha RX-V667 feeds a modified DSE A2760 with built in active crossover which then feeds a Yamaha P2500S to drive the subwoofers

The receiver is set to analog downmix the center and subwoofer channels to the fronts (The center speaker is only there to raise the TV) and then the rear speaker outputs are fed to an attenuator that connects to one of the inputs of the rear setup

Rear setup
    IMG_20180126_212154.jpg

IMG_20180201_163412_0910.jpg

A cool sony ES stack with a Technics SL-5 turntable and a yamaha SW300 subwoofer

The large panel speakers are made up of ceiling panel arrays mounted in a wooden frame. Basically each side has 36 6 inch dual cone fullrange drivers for a huge and awesome sound
    https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/236227-ceiling-panel-speaker-array-build/

Eclipsor likes this.
  9. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Had these Proac 2.5 Clones for years and years - but in plain MDF, with dodgy, modified crossovers. They'd started looking really ratty , but still love their sound , so decided it was time to spruce them up and , well finish them off too.

First, routed the front top and half side edges , then many layers of automotive fill primer. , sanded back to a smooth surface.

IMG_20220102_163319815.png

Then went with a two tone satin finish with wood graining tool for a cheap and easy wood grain look.

D2010 Tweeters are notorious for foam faceplate disintergrating. Turns out you can buy the foam for around $10-$15 bucks

IMG_20220105_222951207.png IMG_20220106_214830851.png IMG_20220106_215028222 (1).png

Redid crossovers - just hard wired, no PCB for now.

IMG_20220103_205032936.png

IMG_20220108_154604178 (2).png

IMG_20220108_154451498.png

Back in action !

Old Elliot sound products based Amp still going strong. Thinking of something new soon though .

FuzwaldQO, treblid, Technics and 5 others like this.
  10. Hi-end Head

Hi-end Head Member

Going back to the Cyrus . Unfortunately it's not very well used or seen in Australia. Having said that your new model Cyrus 2 is very well reported. And at a reasonable price point is gaining support.
    On the question of support / service / repairs I have relocated the tech I spock of earlier. Strangely enough I found his e-mail address on an English Hi Fi forum . I had been having trouble with a Cyrus Power Amp , Which went to a Sydney so-called tech, who hung on to the thing for something like 12 months, and then said he was unable to correct the fault. Then armed with Tims e-mail address I contacted him. He simply said send it down, Two weeks later it was back, and sounding better then ever. If anyone's interest in a specialized bit of kit in need of attention, this guy's well worth your time. I really can't speak highly enough about his talents
    HTTPS://tunedinaudio.com.au/electronic-servicing/

Stooge007 likes this.
  11. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

i had a (i think it was called) P3A ??
    is that what you have ? build it yourself ?

nice work on the speakers :thumbup:

12. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

thanks! . No , not the P3A, though that's one of his classics. It's what was at the time a fairly new project "101". Uses Lateral MOSFET's and is just a real nice (very) simple elegant design that he seemed quite proud of the results , so gave a it a shot. Has not disappointed over many yrs now. Did measurements on it back then and was indeed very low distortion. somewhat 'reputation breaking' for MOSFETs - again "at the time" , not sure what people think of them in linear applications these days, i'm a bit out of loop , and became more interested in Class D innovations. and yeah made the whole thing DIY

MUTMAN likes this.
  13. Hi-end Head

Hi-end Head Member

This is the Cyrus setup CD player with external power supply. Pre-amp with external PS . Cyrus mono-bloc The CD player is the rare top load version.

Attached Files:

• 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      270.5 KB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      252 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2022 at 11:44 AM
    MUTMAN likes this.
  14. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

I've come to my own conclusions with audio.
    If I think it sound good, it sounds good.
    Everyone else can think what they like, I no longer care :)

h2oxide and elvis like this.
  15. h2oxide

h2oxide Member

Sensible conclusion

MUTMAN likes this.
  16. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

I also concluded that almost all a lot of music after 2003 is utter garbage. Some fine examples to prove me wrong of course, but it really is diminishing returns from there.

:lol:
    :leet:
    :Pirate:

17. Hi-end Head

Hi-end Head Member

You are of cause correct, If it suits the owner then that is all that matters regardless of cost or manufacturer.

Many people pay mega dollars for sound systems, and are still unsatisfied, with the results. Many, many others pay very little and are over the moon with there purchase.

As to the question of music, and what one considers expectable, Artists the like of Patty Griffin, Eve Cassidy, Alison Krause, and Diana Krall take a lot of beating regardless of systems costs

MUTMAN likes this.
  18. PooJou

PooJou Member

I'm old now and now value convenience over ultra specific audio reproduction :(

The setup is:
    - Sonos Amp
    - Montior Audio Silver 100

[​IMG]

pezzy, mAJORD and MUTMAN like this.
  19. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Very Nice. Love the cabinet also !

20. spankyofoz

spankyofoz Member

I'm waiting to buy my own place, so most of my stuff is in storage right now.

But my regular setup is
    NAD 317 amp
    Beresford Caiman Mk II DAC
    LG Blu-ray as CD transport
    Wharfedale Diamond 9.6 speakers (which for reference for into a Mazda MX5, one at a time)

Attached Files:

MUTMAN likes this.