1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

The post pics of yer 2 channel audio setup thread

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Arcadia, Oct 8, 2007.

1. /invariance\

/invariance\ Member

No room behind you for stereo?:):):lol:

MUTMAN and spankyofoz like this.
  2. DoCsIs

DoCsIs Member

Can you provide more info on the wood graining tool/process?

3. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Used of these , https://www.unipro.com.au/products/...rollers/uni-pro-grainer-rocker-graining-tool/ with just sample pots of interior satin in a couple of shades.. You basically just lay down the bottom colour, let it dry, lay down second colour, then run graining tool up and down, rocking it as you go. Can get better results than what I achieved - some finishing touches after using the tool, like didn't do a final brush over the finish soon enough after to smooth out the effect / add some thin grain lines throughout, so looks bit artificial up close. Some people use dark stains instead of solid colours , and some other tricks to emulate timber almost perfectly. (lots of vids on youtube)

MUTMAN likes this.
  4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

This was just for the study but the sound from this Soniq tv was terrible, so just today took delivery of some Edifier speakers. Simple cheap speakers but vastly improve the sound of the TV. Love edifiers :thumbup:

20220212_143448.jpg

5. nico6

nico6 Member

I have the same Edifers on the second TV. They go well enough for sure. I agree they look far better without the covers on too ;)

6. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Member

What model is it?

7. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yeah I tried both ways and definitely better without the covers. I have no covers on my main setup in the living room too.

The R1280Db's which were on special recently for $109 delivered, too cheap to pass up after my sound bar died.

https://www.catch.com.au/product/edifier-r1280db-studio-bookshelf-bluetooth-speakers-brown-913515/

Still on special too.

TheWatcher likes this.
  8. l_ QuadX_l

l_ QuadX_l Member

[​IMG]

Thinking of selling them, but can't find anything better to upgrade to than these sweet BOSE 6000SUX speakers. :leet:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
  9. Hi-end Head

Hi-end Head Member

Anything better then Bose. What's your budget and what's your requirements, amp AVR etc.

l_ QuadX_l likes this.
  10. l_ QuadX_l

l_ QuadX_l Member

The comment was just a joke, thanks though for the offer of help :thumbup: . I'll never replace my sweet ghetto stereo :lol: And the 6000SUX was a reference, to the old movie Robocop (1987). If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend the movie!

151528 likes this.
  11. SLIMaxPower

SLIMaxPower Member

Just added a sony str-da3400es in my mancave (way to hot in here to be a cave) .Centre is a Klipsch RP-500C with a blown horn for tv viewing and two pairs of speakers for music. B&w dm220i's and some Linear Design garbage. I also have a Nad c320 with some tower Linear Design (lol) for my pc and mixer/dj console. If I really want to piss the neighbours off they are both connected via rca's to increase the surface area of sound....

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
  12. archie

archie Member