The Secret World

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by methodman213, Oct 18, 2009.

1. MoorKhan

MoorKhan Member

Issue 6 out on Monday (or already if you subscribe)...

Has new story arc with time travel, new whip aux weapon and skills, new pvp ranks and queue stuff, new raid/lair monster, bunch more equip/outfits and lots of indiana jones inspired stuff (temples full of puzzle traps, fights/missions on a moving train, stealing ancient artifacts). All round is pretty awesome so far.

2. Oblique

Oblique Member

People still playing this? I've not played for over a month. Anyone keen for a game tonight?

3. MoorKhan

MoorKhan Member

I still play, usually only regularly when new issues are released though. Been tempted to roll a dragon alt and complete the main plot line differently so I can see the story arc from a couple of different perspectives when Tokyo is released, but haven't got around to it yet.

On a side note - someone is livestreaming the last mission of issue 6 on friday (the train ride to Cairo) to see what happens if you don't complete the mission in the 13 hours it would take for the train to actually reach Cairo. Current bets are on the servers being rebooted at 12hours 59minutes :p

4. Scroosh

Scroosh Member

I just picked this up for 15 bucks on todays sale, anyone still playing it?

5. MoorKhan

MoorKhan Member

For anyone still playing - the one year anniversary event starts tomorrow night.

Issue #7 "A Dream to Kill" is out July 8th and has a spy thriller theme, although it's not really evident in the very short teaser below. It's set in Transylvania, probably with a focus on the Orochi experiments in the Carpathian fangs.

It's also meant to kickoff the events leading up to the Tokyo expansion and the continuation of some of the main plot lines.

Edit - full trailer below. New issue is awesome, back to the core plot with lots of spy shenanigans mixed in :)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  6. flinchy

flinchy Member

is this game still pretty alive + worth picking up?

7. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

It's worth it just to experience the first two zones.

Not much of an MMO TBH, most things are soloable as long as you build something with self-heals.

8. flinchy

flinchy Member

worth playing with a friend though?

i tend to get really bored of any online game without a friend.

9. Herbo

Herbo Member

For $15 I'd say it's definitely worth it if you have someone to play with. The setting is very cool. As for population I haven't played in awhile so have nfi what it's like.

10. MoorKhan

MoorKhan Member

Bit of a broken record in this thread, but yeh, the game is still alive.

The last few weeks have had more people on than I've seen since launch. Our guild channel regularly had over 200 ppl online and there were typically half a dozen ~100 person open world anniversary event raids going during the "off peak" times when I play. This will no doubt drop off dramatically now the anniversary event is finishing - but there are still plenty of people around and new content is still being released in the lead up to the Tokyo expansion.

11. Borgod

Borgod Member

I haven't played in months either, but $15 with no subscription... my oath it's worth it.

12. raGneG

raGneG Member

Bought it for the $15. Was keen on release but reviews pegged it as unfinished and then it never took off. So now that it's a year mature and purchase to play I'm all over it. Will play when not WoWing.

13. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Only if you have someone to play with. The PUG/community ruins the game for you so a lot of people turn social features/chat off (which defeats the point of joining a server community/MMOG)

But most of the game can be solo'd/duo'd.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  14. Herbo

Herbo Member

$10 on Steam atm for anyone on the fence.

15. niekell

niekell Member

Secret Society Syndicate

Hi OCAU TSWers,

Is there a group of OCAU folk playing TSW who band together to take on Dungeons, Scenarios, and other solo-killing objectives?

I enjoy TSW, I came into it late I guess so not many bugs left to annoy.
    I have mid level Agents in all three Secret Societies, and usually play with a small band of friends (3-4) but one has the keyboard skills and geographical awareness of a toddler and one of the others has just become unreliable in getting together for group stuff. We mostly do PvE when there is 2-3 of us, but if we could top up to five for the hard stuff that would be very helpful. PUG is... undesirable compared to other options, such as fellow OCAU TSWers, but hasn't been too bad in TSW as yet.

So are there some cross-society OCAU Agent lists in existence? Would there be interest in having one if there isn't one already? Do many still play after its been out so long?

Thanks, Niekell.
    "If you die, you die." - said nonchalantly by a Templar associate as he eyed up a still peaceful Golden Golem.

16. newtosystems

newtosystems Member

Anyone here still play this game?

Just jumped on it as they had a massive sale on.

SO far so good.

17. niekell

niekell Member

TSW Lives On

Hi newtosystems,

> Anyone here still play this game?
    Yes sir, yes I do. Not as often as I did but still fortnightly regularly if not more often on an ad-hoc basis. I'm online with a couple of friends each fortnight on Monday evenings ACDT.

> Just jumped on it as they had a massive sale on.
    > SO far so good.
    TSW is great. Lots of good people in the community.
    Imo the writing is excellent, the lore intriguing, and the mechanics sound.

If you want company at any point in the evenings send me a personal message and I'll give you more contact details. I enjoy helping out where I can, but have yet to get to some end game content.

Best wishes, niekell.

18. newtosystems

newtosystems Member

Cheers, I am probably way behind you tho. Got a free 2nd key so ill try and recruit a friend whilst I am still low.

19. niekell

niekell Member

I quite enjoy all the early content and don't mind running it again in a backseat support role (healing when needed otherwise leaving it up to you). If you want a third to tag along let me know. TSW still hasn't lost it's shine. Besides there is all that finicky Museum Bestiary Lore to locate all over the place now. Ugh a lot of backtracking anyway, so may as well do it with others who are doing the content for the first time. :)