The tunnel, steel wool and beach.

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by scotteee, Jan 14, 2014.

1. scotteee

scotteee Member

Hey Guys,

Thought I would post up a few edits of photos I've taken in the last 12 months, I'm always sifting through the never ending folders of unedited photos and bring some to life when I can :)

Here are a couple, hope you enjoy :)

This set I tried various processing techniques for the steel wool effect, shot last year. All on a Nikon D610 + Nikon 14-24mm
    [​IMG]
    Steel Wool 3 Web by Scott Jon Photography, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    Steel Wool Experiment 2 Flickfb by Scott Jon Photography, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    Steel Wool Experiment FlickrFB by Scott Jon Photography, on Flickr

This is Swan View Tunnel taken last year sometime, I'd seen this shot a few times and I really wanted to give it a dark n spooky feel, I found some staining on the roof which helped it along and light painted the areas I wanted to come out with various torches and flashes :) All on a Nikon D610 + 14-24mm
    [​IMG]
    Swan View Train2 by Scott Jon Photography, on Flickr

This is a recent beach shot of the awesome weather we've been having in Perth. Nikon D610 + 14-24mm
    [​IMG]
    Mindarie Pool by Scott Jon Photography, on Flickr

This guy is over in the Macro thread but he's a personal fav of mine as I've been playing around with some macro gear :) on a Nikon D610 + Sigma 150mm Macro, Sigma 1.4x tele + 20mm extension tube.
    [​IMG]
    Praying Mantis Lighter by Scott Jon Photography, on Flickr

CC welcome and hope you enjoy :)

2. Eclipsor

Eclipsor Member

All great shots. I like the first two steel wool ones best. And the mantis.

3. perz

perz Member

Massive fan of #4.
    I'm a sucker for the eerie/spooky look and you did a great job. :thumbup:

Macro isn't usually my thing but I dig the mantis!

4. Squeezer

Squeezer Member

My Money is on #3 . Love the ceiling glow and the Sparks hitting the ground on that one

5. tiimo

tiimo Member

gr8 work!

I love the steel wool shots... but I would have to give it to the beach. Seriously if those prints were for sale I'd consider buying an A3 to frame and hang! :thumbup:

6. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Member

I don't know much about photography (I got out of that very expensive hobby back in the 35mm days ;)), but I know what I like. And these all look bloody awesome.
    For me it's a toss-up between the steel wool shots and the tunnel, although they are all very captivating.
    Great work. :thumbup:

7. pogue_mahone

pogue_mahone Member

Awesome stuff Scottee.... whats the ball in 5? I can't make out what it is...

8. OP
    OP
    scotteee

scotteee Member

Thanks a lot guys :) tiimo I experiment on myself with prints, maybe one day i'll flog some off :p don't think I have anymore room left on my walls :p

Thanks Blueraven, hey they were the glory days ;) hehe

Hey pogue, that's a buoy that had wash up from somewhere off the coast of Mindarie, it was just sitting on shore, so I moved it slightly and put it in the shot :)

9. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Member

I do miss my EOS 500. Probably only put 20 or so rolls through it over a couple of years (quality film stock and processing was ouchey on the hip pocket!) but I had a lot of fun with it.
    Just googled that model and there's one being sold locally on ebay with a starting bid of $15! (I think I spent about $1300 on mine back in the day, with the bog stock 28-80).
    But no.... no. That 35mm ship has sailed for me I think. :)

I thought it might be a buoy but wasn't sure... once you confirmed it, it was suddenly easy to see the frayed rope on the hitching ring at the top. Makes for some cool foreground interest against that stunning backdrop.

Do let us know if you decide to make any of these available for sale. I would be most interested, both for myself or as a possible gift.

Once again, great shots. :thumbup:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014