The Ultimate AIO Case? Worklog.

Discussion in 'Modding Worklogs' started by Ratzz, Aug 8, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Some goodies arrived today..

[​IMG]

juzz86, mad_mic3, adamsleath and 2 others like this.
  2. Deano_20802

Deano_20802 Member

Nice progress mate :thumbup:

It'll fly with the new parts.

3. OP
    OP
    Ratzz

Ratzz Member

I hope so :D

First boot.

Set CPU overclocking to manual, change frequency to 4000, lock voltage to 1.25v. No other changes.
    Set XMP on profile 1, @3600. No other changes.

Profile 2 is 4000, in time I'll see how close it can go, but in the meantime, 4000 on the CPU and 3600 on the RAM first boot is encouraging I guess.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    adamsleath likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Ratzz

Ratzz Member

First run.

[​IMG]

Deano_20802 and mad_mic3 like this.
  5. DSTM (Dougie)

DSTM (Dougie) Member

Looking good.Well done to date.:thumbup:

Wish I could make one with MDF. I have a huge allergy to MDF dust.
    Break out in a rash from head to foot.:thumbdn:

6. OP
    OP
    Ratzz

Ratzz Member

That sucks. MDF is so easy to work with.

The Vega is just too big. I love it, nice chunky cooler etc, but its way too long. It was going to require too much modding of the case, and make the case too deep for the desk.
    It was always gonna be overkill for my purposes anyway, so I've sold it.

I've bought a replacement though. Back to the RX 580 that I was originally planning. Another Sapphire Nitro+, just not as powerful.
    @$240 for an RMA replacement card, not a bad deal at all. THIS ONE... Thanks to Matthew kane for suggesting it, I don't often use ebay, it didn't even cross my mind. I was about to head down to Scorptec to buy the same card, but not the OC version that i've bought, for $319 when he suggested ebay.

@ 270mm long, its 40mm shorter than the Vega, and will fit nicely in the original case design, but still a nice chunky Nitro+ cooler so I'm OK with that. I never actually 'needed' the Vega really, its just overkill as most of the shit I buy is.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  7. Deano_20802

Deano_20802 Member

That's frustrating mate, I love using the stuff :upset:.

Sounds like a decent solution for your needs :thumbup:

Ratzz likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Just had a fright, having posted the Vega to WA today, and still waiting on the 580 (expected delivery 9/4). Suddenly the graphics went haywire on the new rig. Like, oh fuck, I have been using this GT710 as a spare GPU since Moses was a boy, and the same day it becomes the only GPU I own, it dies... :confused: No onboard graphics on a 2700X... I'm screwed.

Grabbed the laptop and hooked it up to the monitor as a stopgap until I can pick up an el cheapo card tomorrow. Oh. Same problem.
    Scratch head and nuts for a minute. Go to shed and find another HDMI cable. Laptop works. Hook it up to main rig.. fixed.

Random shit.. HDMI cable just shit itself, while using the PC, without touching or moving anything. Never seen that happen before.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    Deano_20802 likes this.
  9. DSTM (Dougie)

DSTM (Dougie) Member

Yeah, APITB. Every time I work with it, big problems. I have a number of sheets of different thicknesses in my workshop.I take Zytec and Phenergan, but stlll break out. I have one of those expensive masks with the screw in filters. Trouble I have, because I have a beard, the mask is not effective.Pretty frustrating, that's for sure.
    As a last ditch effort, I am going to take everything outside the Workshop, and work in the open air. I mounted the 500mm sanding belt machine on top of a wheelie bin, so I can wheel outside and bring in.If that fails, it's all over Rover, doing anything with MDF.:)

Deano_20802 likes this.
  10. Deano_20802

Deano_20802 Member

That bad hey. Solid plan there, hope it goes well!

I have to use a screw in filtered mask and I've gone to the length of taking the old pirate beard off to a clean No. 1 clipper every few days. I do all my work outside and even change and shower shortly after if I've been sanding or doing much work. It's not as bad as it sounds though, it's manageable for me and lets me use it for projects.

Luckily no issues with most real timber either.

DSTM (Dougie) likes this.