1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

The VR game / Software thread (What are you playing)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Revenger, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

I haven't tried any made for VR games except Robinson the Journey and it was fucking fantastic.

I mostly sim, DCS, X-Plane, Aerofly, Elite etc etc.

2. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

Played boneworks yesterday and watched VRO's stream a little, he missed soo much, it was like he was just trying to rush and run and gun it because he was live streaming.

Yes the save is annoying.
    I was doing the streets and up to the moving balconies on the walls, and now I have to redo the whole streets level.

The game is in levels / areas and then it has checkpoints throughout it respawns you.
    I would have hoped and guessed it would save and load you at the last checkpoint like most games but no restarts the entire level.
    I think VRO would have to restart streets also as he quit in the middle also.

Overall I was enjoying it and sure the puzzles may be hard like the grinder (they could have eased you more into them) but once you figure a few out you should know the direction the developers went with them you should know the flow of things.
    VRO was frustrated and said its not the game we expected as I guess he was expecting a straight run and gun FPS game.

Note:
    Could we get some screenshots in here I'm sure many like me want to see what these games look like your all playing.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  3. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

Developer talks about Boneworks save system and upcoming changes, Steam article

4. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

Fanatical have a VR Pick and Mix bundle going where you can get 1/3/5 games at a discount.

If anyone gets it let us know your pick of games from the list.

Nethiuz likes this.
  5. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

Nice deal, looking at Galactic Rangers, Drone Hunters and Alice.

6. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

Playing Last Labyrinth and I suck at maths.
    is puzzle has 5 pink things to match up on the scales.
    Then I get a harder one to solve for the last :/
    Overall a good game but sucks if your not good at logic, maths, puzzles etc.

OculusScreenshot1577868260.jpeg OculusScreenshot1577869084.jpeg

7. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Substitute values that work in the first example, and you can figure out the math.

i.e:

First example, give green a made up value of 3 balances with blue having a made up value of 4 (12 each side).
    Third example, would mean 2 x blue (4) + 2 x green (3) gives a total of 14 = 1 x yellow (?) + 1 x blue (4). So yellow = 10
    Second example, 1 x green (3) + 1 x yellow (10) gives a total of 13 = 2 x green (3) + pink (?), so pink must be 7.

To balance 3 x pink (7) = 21, you would use 1 x yellow (10) + 2 x blue (4) + 1 x green (3).

Edit: fixed math.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  8. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

Didn't think about it that way.

The way I did it initially was working out the values for each object as a weight of 1 1.5 2 etc.
    Guess that way may be slightly easier, I'll give the last one a shot and there are many more puzzles as its fairly early game still.

If you get the wrong both the girl and you die horribly, in this case a giant snake eats both of you.

As for movement you cant move and hands are bound and you have a laser pointer you use to point at things and nod or shake your head which the girl goes and does.

Edit: haha wasn't one of each @Sphinx2000 you just got eaten by a snake, will need to work it out more.

I worked it out using comparisons.
    didn't need all but I worked out the examples minus duplicates like 1p 2g I made it 1p 1g to 1y then worked out amounts from there.
    1Y = 2G + 1B
    1P + 1G = 1Y
    1P = 1G + 1B
    1G = ?
    1B = ?

3p = 3G + 3B / (1Y + 1G + 2B)

9. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Yep. Yikes, found a hole in my math 2x4+2x3 is 14 (not 12). Edited to suit and got same result.

10. Nerb

Nerb Member

How do you explain to people what vr is like? I find it hard to explain just how amazing it is without sticking their head in it.
    Im a DCS player, so ive been saying "you know how a dial in the cockpit is a clock in 2d... in vr i can see the glass, the needles and the back plate all separated".
    Im so frikin happy with vr. I havnt looked at my screen since xmas ;)
    Got an index btw. Mainly playing dcs and elite, but had fun in all the free games also.

Sphinx2000 likes this.
  11. cheddo7

cheddo7 Member

Haven't seen any mention of the brilliant VR mod for Doom 3 BFG Edition. This is so well done it basically puts in in AAA status.

Guide and downloads here (you need the Steam version of Doom 3 BFG Edition):
    https://github.com/KozGit/DOOM-3-BFG-VR/releases

Review:
    video review here

(Agg edit: disturbing thumbnail removed :) )

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2020
    Nethiuz likes this.
  12. d3vour3r

d3vour3r Member

got my rift s last Thursday, bought Pavlov and been loving every minute of it.

What games are we all playing online?

13. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2020
    Nethiuz likes this.
  14. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I started playing it yesterday, its really awesome.

Didn't get to play for long, but its easily the best zombie VR game by far.

15. MrBS

MrBS Member

I just had a brief go of Saints and Sinners myself, the weight in melee weapons is really nice, disturbingly so, the feel when you drive an axe through a zombie is something.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  16. d3vour3r

d3vour3r Member

yeh ive been tossing up getting WD S&S but ive watched so many youtube vids on it i feel i have already played it haha.

17. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

If you can gather 3-5 mates Star Trek Bridge Crew is some serious laughs, the content isn't extensive but it sure is fun.

18. d3vour3r

d3vour3r Member

anyone play onward?

19. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I used to, but I took a huge break, played a few games with my new Pimax headset and felt I wasn't good enough to play and would need to practice so I didn't feel like I was letting my teammates down.

20. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

Humble have a decent VR Bundle going right now $22 with Superhot, Moss, Budget cuts and a few others.