1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

The War Z

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Desert_Runner, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

Phil is right, images were photoshoped / ripped from other sources. Stop trolling him.

Also it looks like the engine, UI and 3d models were ripped from their other recent game War Inc.
    Even their EULA was ripped from LoL.

All games they have been involved in the past..

/bigfail from shitdevs.

2. Philll

Philll Member

What RPS likes about War Z

Their EULA also changed late yesterday/today, it now states if you buy the game you can't obtain a refund at all

3. raGneG

raGneG Member

And this is why I've always put my chips on DayZ.

4. Philll

Philll Member

Day Z creator depressed about situation

http://au.ign.com/articles/2012/12/20/dayz-creator-depressed-about-war-z-situation

5. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

Pfft what a pussy.

DayZ is a prick of a game to get working and The War Z is an abortion.. played 10 minutes and I want that 10 minutes back!!!

6. japes

japes Member

Actually Dean has handled the entire War Z fiasco (since initial release) very well publicly. He has a problem with it, as I'm sure most people would, but has always stated that you can't do anything about it other than focus on your own development and do a good job of it. I don't DayZ anymore and wouldn't even call myself a fan, but if more developers had his transparency and willingness to communicate, PC gaming would be a lot better for it.

DayZ isn't a prick of a game to get working. It's a prick of an alpha mod to get working, and even then it's pretty simple. I imagine standalone will be as simple as any other game.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  7. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

DayZ mod was a piece of piss to setup, using the Six Launcher/Updater:
    http://www.dayzmod.com/?SixUpdater

Hall needs to learn to project manage, and outsource tasks instead of doing everything himself - like when he was modding.
    I'm sure the millions he will make, will be incentive enough.

8. user5124

user5124 Member

It's impossible to find aussies playing this.. Anyone want to team up?

9. HunterBunter

HunterBunter Member

10. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

11. CordlezToaster

CordlezToaster Member

Despite the negativity the game does look fun.

12. ausghostdog

ausghostdog Member

Well I bought a copy of the game back in Novemeber and just filed from a refund with Paypal. Have to wait till the 29th though in order to get my money back. v.V

13. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

The people complaining about this game are idiots, they knew what they were getting when they bought the game.

14. japes

japes Member

Actually they probably didn't, since it was so falsely advertised on Steam.

15. Kore_5022

Kore_5022 Member

Don't know about others but 13 dollars is nothing even as a uni student as appaling as this game was i've still spent about ~5 hours stuffing around giving it a real go which is 2x the length of a movie for similar cost at the cinema.

If it was 50-100 i'd understand the outcry for refunds but seriously 13 bucks........................

16. Philll

Philll Member

If you're only going to relate it to how much it costs vs how much you can get out of it, you're probably right (which would be true for just about anything ever released)

If you have principles and aren't happy to let developers get away with lying + a heap of other bullshit that's dragging on, then it's not acceptable

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  17. Kore_5022

Kore_5022 Member

Yeah, i really dont care what developers do, if i got my moneys worth (13 for 5 hours works for me) then i'm fine and dandy :)

18. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Their own fault for not even knowing what they were buying. Smallest bit of research would've saved all the QQ

My friends and I have enjoyed the game quite a lot and got money worth out it easily, they paid for the high end packs and have no problem with the game whatsoever, they knew it was in alpha when they purchased it.

19. Philll

Philll Member

Why would anyone research a feature list if it was listed on the Steam page itself? What reason would anyone have to doubt it vs old information when the Steam page was newer than any other piece of info?

What a load of shit.

20. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Steam page is never 100% accurate, found that about trine it stated it had multiplayer but it didn't state it was local multi player only which was found out after a simple search, not hard mate.