1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Frontl1ne

Frontl1ne Member

I was about to win the final round of gwent by 1 point, the opponent had passed, but the game wouldn't let me do anything other than forfeit. SORE LOSER MUCH???????? :mad:

2. soho

soho Member

70 hours into it and I've only just started scratching away at Skillege Island. It's never going to end. Mind you I've done most quests so far.

I guess all these hours that lay ahead has helped resist buying games from the Steam Sales.

3. psychobunny

psychobunny Member

can anybody give me an indication on how this will run on a q6600 with a gtx480 and 8gb ram?

4. hvalac

hvalac Member

1080p should run low fine.

5. chook

chook Member

I think the GPU is going to be the constraining factor. The game is not overly CPU or RAM intensive. Manual ini file modification is required to enable multiple cores and I have not seem my total RAM usage go over 10GB while running the game with other things going in the background.

6. supernom

supernom Member

Hey guys I wanted to check out Skellige after reading about how amazing it looked. I'm only level 4 but paid a guy 1000 coins to take me on a boat but then it gets attacked and I can't get any further because I am too low level to kill them.

Is it possible to get there any other way? I just want to see what it looks like :)

Also...can you get like a full suit of armour in this game?

7. Spork!

Spork! Member

Yep - you can earn your passage on a side quest I think - although I wasn't ready to go when that was offered so I ended ip paying my fare later on.
    Once you have been there you can travel to and fro for free though.
    By full suit of armour - you mean plate armour like a knight wears?
    Closest I've seen would be the witch-hunter or nilfgardian armour. Not sure what the heavy Witcher armour (bear school) looks like.

8. supernom

supernom Member

Hey thanks for reply dude. Yeah I wanna look like a kings guard from Game of thrones lol

[​IMG]

9. Azzan

Azzan Member

10. soho

soho Member

Haha, I've got something similar but can't wear it till level 27(currently on 21). :(

11. jpw007

jpw007 Member

It annoys me when i only get 5exp from a quest. I want to go do them all, even the ones lower than me, but I want to get propert XP still :o

12. Fresh79

Fresh79 Member

Just finished it...epic beyond epic. Ended up level 35 with all the Cat gear...wouldn't mind the Harpy sword, but dont think I can grind out another 10 levels.

67% and 85hrs

13. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

I loled

10char

14. power

power Member

I feel your pain, I'm back onto the main story now after playing a lot of the map and well it's all well below my level now - so getting like 5exp for many missions.

My level isn't even that high yet only 24.

15. ck_psy

ck_psy Member

you can pick up your gold again, it's on the other side of the smaller paddle boat.

youll have to run up the path and find a quick travel sign post.

16. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Member

is there a way to play this without having to deal with the dialogue. ive bought it and ive heard really good things.. i just cant last 10 minutes due to the dialogue

17. r8response

r8response Member

You can press spacebar to skip it.

18. Multiplexer

Multiplexer Member

When I first started, I can consume 2 food at the same time. Now I can only consume one at a time. What do I need to change to consume 2 food again?

19. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

im getting alot of screen tearing, seems to happen regardless of in-game v-sync/fps settings

any ideas?

(am running it at 60fps and rarely drops)

20. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

This game is all about the amazing world created through the dialogue... The full recorded dialogue comprises 450,000 words (the equivalent of 4 novels) and over 950 individual speaking roles...

There are far better games you can play if you want to skip the story... Without the story you have no clue why Geralt is doing what he's doing.