The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, Jan 11, 2013.

1. chook

chook Member

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your GPU. I m running AMD cards so am not sure of the version numbers however do know that Nvidia released new drivers that did something for the 700 series of their GPU's.

For the phat lewts and the hot chicks obviously :).

2. cccino

cccino Member

1 food 1 drink.

3. power

power Member

Sure, mmm hmmm.

4. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

fixed it by setting nvidia v-sync settings to allow application control..

id have to agree, this game would suck without the story, the combat exploration/loot alone dont make it.. but it seems the side quests stories can be more interesting then the main plot.

5. power

power Member

Patch 1.06 is up

GoG - here

https://www.gog.com/downlink/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/en1patch2

Hoping the Undvik quest is fixed, I have a different bug than the one listed.

6. lithos

lithos Member

I fucking hate fantasy. Pretty much all of is shit, poorly-written by the mildly autistic who get stuck on fine details and don't have the social skills to create interesting characters.

But Witcher 3 is something else. It's the first game I've had to engage my literature brain for. The characters *are* actually nuanced and complex, and their motives often unclear.

It's fantastic.

7. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

Im also one of the guys who skips alot of the dialogue. Honestly i dont even want to know his life story, i just wanna get the quest and go explore and kill shit.

I haven't bothered updating yet, still on 1.04. I haven't had any bugged quests or weird glitches and shit yet, The ONE and only thing that annoys me is when im trying to interact with something ( like a sign post ) and geralt decides to light the candle or something that is sitting next to it, but i dont think thats a bug, So no need to update really, if it aint broke dont fix it.

Just started the undvik / brothers in arms quests, killed the ice giant, also let the loony die, feel kinda bad about that lol.

8. r8response

r8response Member

I was never able to complete the very first Treasure Contract. I'm assuming it needed to be done for others to unlock :(

9. Sorak

Sorak Member

Eh... You mean Witcher gear hunts? You can buy maps from some venders, they pop into your quest inventory and if you read them, you get the treasure hunt quest.

10. r8response

r8response Member

Sorry.. "Treasure Hunts"

[​IMG]

There was never any letter in my inventory. Seems to be a common issue.

11. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

Not a bug but they addressed that issue in 1.05, so you might want to update after all. :) There was actually quite a few worthwhile fixes in that particular update.

http://thewitcher.com/news/view/1052

12. steffan72

steffan72 Member

i have a bit of trouble working out what i can get rid of out of my inventory in terms of letters and books...........will i lose the quests if i get rid of them..................i'm getting quite a collection

13. r8response

r8response Member

Read them, turf them is what I usually do.

They don't really weigh that much though, so if weight if your issue. Pelts from animals tend to weigh quite a lot when you have 10 or so in a stack.

14. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

It should tell you if it's a quest item and I assume not let you sell it until the quest is done (haven't tried).

But anyway as long as you read the book/note it will update the quest so if you can sell it after that it should be fine.

15. BuD

BuD Member

The gate in the crypt now works correctly during the quest 'Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear'.

that 1 got me lucky i had a save just outside so i was able to reenter

16. simontifik

simontifik Member

So I downloaded this today and been fiddling around trying to get it to run smooth. I have a 4670k, 780ti on a ROG Swift. I'm finding I get a bout 10 FPS with G-Sync turned on, but it runs fine with it off. Anyone else having this issue?

17. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I found the game doesnt like v-sync to be overridden, I had to set nvidia control panel to let app choose for v-sync to even get it to work to stop tearing.

V-sync off + 60fps cap it still tears..

18. simontifik

simontifik Member

Man I am having a hell of a time getting this to run. Get crashes to desktop after a few minutes even with everything on the lowest graphics settings. I'm thinking I might have test out Steam's new refund policy.

19. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

specs? 10char

20. Sorak

Sorak Member

GPU driver update or Windows update.

somethings out of date

could also be a bad OC