1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Thermal Paste

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Will S, May 25, 2022.

1. Elmf

Elmf Member

Yep looks fine haha

2. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Windows doesn't, that's handled by AMD. I believe they target ~95c as a safe maximum, but you can see when it's throttling in hwinfo. There should be a thermal throttling flag in there somewhere.

There are dozens of internal sensors in Ryzen CPUs so I am not sure which sensor they poll exactly for thermal throttling purposes. Probably a combination.

Elmf likes this.
  3. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

2 clean air intakes, 3 'intakes' that will be exhausting hot air into the case and only three exhausts. Not really ideal.

If your idle CPU temp is 25 to 35 on a normal day/aircon room (say 20c to 25c) it's probably fine though. I'd maybe consider looking at the fan curves and putting them a bit higher unless the noise would get to you.

4. groovetek

groovetek Member

When you ran Prime95 and it got to over 90, was this using Small FFTs and was it with AVX2?

5. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

I think the rear fan is pumping cool air for the top aio .... a good idea if the case it to hot is the temp if the M.2 drives and they max out at 36c which is the System temp

it was with no changes to the default setup......and it didnt throttle as 90.4 was the max