These once was a great forum....

Discussion in 'Other CPUs and chipsets' started by Santroph, Aug 9, 2001.

?

Would you like to see the P3V4X sub-forum back?

1. YES

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. NO

12 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. Santroph

Santroph Member

I used to come here just to see the P3V4X forum, I thought the IDEA realy great but now after having to re-register I saw that everything is gone....:mad:
    it's all like several millions others forums all over the net, why take out the glory of the old forum????
    hell, ok a P3V4X question?
    How in hell can I enable the "AGP memory" to appear in the 3Dmark2001 system/video/status????
    it always appears as:
    Video Memo 32MB
    Texture Memo 64MB
    AGP Memo 0MB
    WTF is happening:confused:
    I think it is a problem with the VIA hardware Since I use win2k and it doesn't like VIA:p
    Any questions?

2. h2k

h2k Member

As I recall, I posted a poll like this and it got locked down!

3. h2k

h2k Member

I think i read about a problem with geforce's and the memory size coming up as 0mb? Maybe someone can confirm that?

4. Odd

Odd Member

Your poll is not down, you can see the poll in the second page of the "site discussion forum". I voted yes in these two polls ;). Unfortunately I think a lot of P3V4X owners already has give it up and vent to other places:(. (Ecuse my bad english, I´m a little bit tired)

5. h2k

h2k Member

I think it said this poll is closed last time I looked in it.

6. OP
    OP
    Santroph

Santroph Member

Re: Re: These once was a great forum....

H2K, I was using win98se before upgrading to win2k, in it the AGP memory was working and appeared as 64 MB (what was set in bios) and when upgrading to win2k (installing over win98) it worked flawlesly, it was only when I decided to format my HD and install win2k from zero..... that it started with that problem, thats why I'm pissed off. With OGL it doesn't give any problems, but with D3D, the performance SUCKS!!!!!

7. Chief

Chief Member

Santroph, try upgrading to latest video drivers. I had very much the same problem (D3D running really slow with OGL fine).

For me, upgrading to nVidia14.20 drivers fixed it all up. If your running an Nvidia card, try that; either way, upgrade you video drivers to the latest ones.

Incidently, the VIA AGP drivers have caused me an enourmous amount of pain; while most people say it has improved their systems performance, for me they have just made my system really unstable (some WinManagement app keeps generating errors and driving me crazy). The thing is, once I install it, I cant get rid of it!