THEY ARE BILLIONS

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ChinoPD, Jan 2, 2018.

1. hvalac

hvalac Member

Well.... I got fucked hard.

I made it to the final fight at lvl 90/100 (all standard) and it's absurd, waves in all directions and every single wave was absurdly bigger than the previous biggest wave.

I should have taken pics but I was slack so I have 1.
    ex = executors or what ever the damned thing is called.
    At probably my strongest point I had, electric tower, 8 titans, 1 ex, 16 snipers (in towers).... got trashed.
    Another point 2ex 31ish snipers (16 in towers) trashed.
    Another point - 8 snipers (in towers) 2 ex, 1 electric tower trashed.
    The last point which is quite weak, a few archers, a soldier, 8 snipers (in towers) 3 ex.

In total I lasted 3, nearly 4 days in the fight... btw Titans burn money, 40 gold per titan + the other expenses...

2. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

I have found units are near useless in the last round (at 100%). Executioners and walls and when I say walls I mean walls everywhere, for that final wave no spare space at all.

3. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

This game is incredible. It reminds me of the Starcraft custom maps zombie defense.

I built a city with three concentric rings with both man made and natural terrain bottle necks like medieval fortresses. One single harpy leaped over one of the walls I had and decimated by workers and suddenly my entire outer ring became an attack on titan scenario.

Then due to the reduced farmlands I started starving so I sent out the weak ass ranger scouts and they all got wiped out.

When I patched up the outer wall I had titans clear it e the remainibg zeds but then a huge horde bashed into the command centre :D

4. Narcoticx2

Narcoticx2 Member

You're all making me feel impossibly stupid. Just bought the game and on my first attempt, made it to day 7... a few zombies got my tents and it snowballed from there, I only had my starter guys so no way I could hold that off.

5. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

You're getting too close to them.

So my revised plan, got me to day 94 on 100% and I almost made it, so fucking close.

Build 35ish rangers, then build to 35ish snipers, then 3 thantos + 3 turrets at every choke point.

400 civ's by turn 20, 1000 by 40 and 1500-2000 by turn 80ish.

If you have a solid boundary you only need one layer of defense.

6. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

took me about 8 hours to finally get past the first map :D

7. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

On 100%? Thats impressive. I am sitting at about 40hrs and still haven't lol

8. BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

what was that? not the reveal map at end update? if yes, the devs are cucks who cave, not heroes. that was such a sexy feature. at that time it matters not, but helps see the sexy coming. what did the "community" (ie: 20 vocal users) dislike?

i'm cynical now, but maybe whatever it was, was good? i'll hold judgement until after you reply.

9. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Most of this game is figuring out optimal ways to gather resources and build your anti-zombie fortress. But mistakes almost always result in resetting. I mean i say 8 hours to get past the first map but its' not like you are playing the same map every game. It's like a procedurally generated map each time and the different maps are like "themes" rather than static map layouts.

Maybe the first couple of hours i kept failing because of bad resource management and then later it was just about getting through the final wave because billions of zombies come in every direction to overwhelm you.

10. Narcoticx2

Narcoticx2 Member

I just finished the first map!

... on 10% score factor. Decided to go easy to learn the game. Now going to slowly ramp it up.

11. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

It was way back in December. The devs had nerfed the Tesla Tower build range to strict line of sight. This meant you couldn't build behind terrain (rocks, trees), which forced you to spam Tesla Towers. This crippled the early game and slowed down the mid-game. A couple of hundred people petitioned for a change, and the devs agreed.

12. BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

Aha. As such, I agree too. :p

13. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

So I finished the third map at 100 % difficulty and it was not that difficult once you know build orders and the bare minimum you need at a choke point to fend off a horde. I must say, fantastic game, but sadly has literally the shittiest voice lines I've ever heard in a game.

14. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

They are probably staff taking turns at "voice lines" :D

15. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

According to the devs the current voices are more or less placeholders until they get something better.

16. Narcoticx2

Narcoticx2 Member

I'm on map 3 100% at the moment, got a good start with 3 easy chokes. Really enjoying it and having learned how to get started the game is feeling a little easier now...

17. BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

anybody like my sexy bases? i like the less is more approach.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

meh, modded maps.

19. BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

meh, your face. you so jelly... and anyone who sees them and thinks they are natural is just dumb. these won't confuse anyone normal.

20. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

dem chokes tho.