THEY ARE BILLIONS

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ChinoPD, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

lol where to get modded maps? workshop available?

those look fun

2. BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

they are brother. turtling ftw. seem easy but due to space some may not be able to handle the expansion and thus perish.. technically they are easy-ish, but one still needs skill to stay small. in fact i played some bases half the size (no, scratch that, a quarter) of these and won.

the game will feature a built-in editor but for now a fan made one is available and easy to use. i think one of the map guys is aussie too. https://ash47.github.io/TheyAreBillionsModKit/MapEditorHtml/ the editor runs off the web, though there is offline download too.

Pinkeh likes this.
  3. BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

so? anybody tinker with the editor? apart from me?

4. zbone

zbone Member

Inability to save progress to roll back is infuriating. 24hrs before the billions coming in the end I accidentally dismantled all of my walls instead of one particular. 8 hours of my time wasted.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  5. ex4n

ex4n Member

anyone played both this and Rise to Ruins and have any thoughts on which is better? They seem quite similar.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  6. Sledge

Sledge Member

Rise is 3 times cheaper, looks 3 times worse (graphically)

7. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

lmao i bought rise to ruins in 2014 and didn't know it. they are billions look and play superior, plus its steam punk.

both are in early access hell.

9 Dec, 2014 Rise to Ruins
    18 Jan, 2018 They Are Billions

8. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

I picked this over Rise to Ruins on release of Billions. It played very well at the time and you were more than able to play it and it had replayability and good content. I got a lot of hours with it then shelved it waiting for a bit more feature complete and balancing. Since then its had a heap of updates over the last 10 or so months to the point where its in a really good state.

Billions could be released as a full game now and its in a lot better state than many other full released early access games (DayZ Ark etc). Get on Billions you wont regret it.

9. OP
    OP
    ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Going to finally install this as part of a small list this break. I’ll be oncall which means I can’t travel far or drink, so good time to catch up on a few titles.

10. Deano_20802

Deano_20802 Member

I'd actually forget this isn't a fully released game if the story mode was included, but it's a solid 10/10 and worth full price as it is for me. I freaking LOVED the challenges!!! I just ticked off "Best General" yesterday, which is the last achievement completed for me :D

308hrs play time so far, no major bugs (minor path finding etc), no crashes, just a beautiful environment and great gameplay offering a decent challenge as you crank the settings up.

sTeeLzor likes this.
  11. zeggie

zeggie Member

I just discovered this game because I had an itch for an RTS and it popped up in a few lists.

LOVE IT.

Already blasted through 30 hours in the past week. It really is an unforgiving learning curve, thankfully reddit is assisting.

12. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

I sometimes do that during the final wave to make things more interesting

13. zbone

zbone Member

I would think cranking difficulty up to 400% would make things more interesting :)

14. iMomOx3

iMomOx3 Member

Wow. Just picked up this game and dived straight into it last night with no understanding of it whatsoever. Read this thread last night, saw some screenshots, and had seen no videos of the gameplay or tutorials.

Set myself for 100 days on Low Population. Jumped right in and thought, eh, it's like AoE or Warcraft. I've been plenty decent at those games and how different can it be... boy was I wrong.

Lasted til day 24 on my first game and it was hella fun and nerve racking. Took me a while to understand some key concepts of farming and resource gathering (i.e discovering placing certain buildings in certain areas grant more resources, and grass is scarce (in the generated map I had). Had no idea where or how to gather stone but had a shit load of iron at one stage... by day 24 I still hadn't built a military because I had no stones so I survived on 5 archers and 1 soldier til then (got an extra 2 archers from a mayor). Took me a while to realize that Tesla towers expanded my base so that delayed me lots.

Gotta admit I did have a pretty shocking start but made do with no knowledge whatsoever and it was a blast. I want to learn how the game behaves more and learn some strategies myself before I start reading/watching other peoples tutorials (I've always liked to self learn games without any knowledge).

Keen to show some progress when I manage to win a game (whether easy or hard modes)

15. zbone

zbone Member

I personally find watching or reading tutorials and walk-throughs to take away from experience of beating the game.

16. hvalac

hvalac Member

Well after this damned thread got going again I thought I should play a bit whilst it's on my mind....... I actually won a game.... my 1st game ever on..... 100% haha, so bad.

It is quite a solid game and it does blow my mind that it's still in early access.

17. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

i try to not watch vids if I can. This game doesn't require them and I agree, it would take away from the experience. The whole "easy to learn, hard to master" saying comes to mind. But there was no way in hell I was going to be able to do that with EU4, shit I have watched a bucket of vids on that and still scratch my head lol