THEY ARE BILLIONS

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ChinoPD, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Sankari

Sankari Member

So it turns out that building walls out of gates works pretty damn well, because they have 1500 hit points instead of 1000, and when you stack them it doesn't count towards your three-walls-deep limit.

To fill in the gaps, I use towers (a nice solid 2000 hit points) and finally single blocks.

As a result, my defences are lasting a lot longer!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    Deano_20802 likes this.
  2. Sankari

Sankari Member

Is it just me, or is the second map absolutely loaded with Villages of Doom? Every time I start a new map, I get three of them close to my colony, on different sides!

:wired: :Paranoid:

Deano_20802 likes this.
  3. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

Yeah its part of the second map, try not bumping into them too much till you get a big group of snipers to clear them out, great for mid game teching up and expansion cause of all the loot

Deano_20802 likes this.
  4. Sankari

Sankari Member

The loot is amazing, they are STACKED with goodies. My biggest problem is patrols getting swamped by random surges from the villages (in between the waves).

Deano_20802 likes this.
  5. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Two catapults easily take care of those random surges.

Maybe three if its a super village

Sankari and Deano_20802 like this.
  6. Deano_20802

Deano_20802 Member

Or snipers, just lots of snipers! You can have a few stragglers spread around to protect from behind walls, small balls exploring, or a large ball or two smaller ones will clear a village easily. The key advantage here is you can rally a number of them to the location of a wave if you can get walls up to buy you time. Both work though.

Great to see your progression Sankari :thumbup:

Sankari likes this.
  7. Sankari

Sankari Member

Early screenshot of this shortlived game. Horrible placement.

[​IMG]

I was overwhelmed by the very first wave, which collected a huge number of zombies from the nearest Village of Doom and swept through my defences. I had at least a dozen rangers in towers, and it still wasn't enough.

:(

8. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

Whats the max gold income you can get? Ill try to build a super duper uber village with maximum banking on 150 day low pop game tonight

edit: got bored after reaching about 20k income

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  9. Sankari

Sankari Member

Saved by my veteran Lucifers! Lost a chunk of my colony, but fought the zombies to a standstill and successfully rebuilt.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    whatdoesthisdo likes this.
  10. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

So 1.0 is out and getting pretty bad reviews, seems the campaign sucks & the admins of official forums are being dicks and banning people who criticize it. This steam review sums up a video review I watched:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    RnR and whatdoesthisdo like this.
  11. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Wow that sounds like shit.

12. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Some people still love it. My mate included. But mostly just the skirmish modes and custom maps.

13. Deano_20802

Deano_20802 Member

I'm enjoying it so far, on Brutal right out of the gate. It feels a little easy, but I'm unsure of how it'll change as I progress with my usual strategies unavailable. There's Nightmare available so I'm not too worried.

Does it compare to say Starcraft II as far as story, voice acting and cutscenes go, not even close! It's bare bones, all game play! Again though, I'm enjoying it so far though, maybe more people should play it? My real excitement is still for the extra stuff for Survival Mode, that hasn't changed.

As far as being an easier intro into the game, I'd say not really. I have a mate who still can't get past the first level on survival who is finding this just as hard.

Maybe it's just me here, but games I grew up with used to be brutal! There was no hand holding, you died or failed (repeatedly), you experimented and you either got better and worked out the required progressions, or you failed. I like this! I still start a game on hard as an intro, then crank whatever is available after that. Surely I'm not alone as a mid 30's gamer?

14. RnR

RnR Member

Nope!

Deano_20802 likes this.
  15. DarthWindu

DarthWindu Member

yep, that quoted review hits the nail exactly on the head.

I was super keen for 1.0, but campaign mode really is terrible.

walker_2003 likes this.
  16. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Apparently its not that its brutal, but actual things almost beyond any gamers control can occur and without any save points its just frustrating, then you restart, know where the surprise is in fog of war and build a wall around it.

Its not so much about skill but just building the exact way the level wants you to.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Deano_20802 likes this.
  17. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

I wasn't referring to the game in general, just the campaign based off your quote. I love this game, got about 400 odd hours, but haven't tried the campaign yet.

walker_2003 likes this.
  18. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yeah sounds like they put to much effort into making it 60 hours. Perhaps more thought out 20 hour campaign would have been better.

19. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

Yeah. Look.

I was very excited for this coming out, having played a bunch of the survival mode.

Unfortunately it would appear the developers have made a few pretty critical mis-steps, particularly around just random shit happening in missions and then those horrifically tedious hero missions. I just spent about an hour trying to find the right pixel to click on in a hero mission and in the end just couldn't be fucked.

I might play again if there is a major patch for the campaign to make it less frustrating and dull. But, as it stands I don't see myself ever having the motivation to open this up again. Huge missed opportunity IMHO.

RnR and walker_2003 like this.
  20. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

Ive beaten a survival game on Nightmare mode but cant even get past the 1st outpost defense swarm thingie on the easiest difficulty

Deano_20802 likes this.