They got rid of...

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by water_ling, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Linkin

Linkin Member

In A Biskit - Crispy Potato

With some good quality cheese they were the best. Haven't seen any in over 10 years, they killed off the whole range, including the Dixie Drumsticks.

2. Anteros

Anteros Member

Matilda Bay dirty granny cider. I miss you.

3. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

4. broccoli

broccoli Member

Polly waffles used to be bigger too.....

Ratzz likes this.
  5. Franc

Franc Member

I remembered the thread...10 years on...I must be scarred or something by this but I can still remember what they taste like.

Now I need strawberry chomp.

6. Baringa

Baringa Member

Nestle used to do this block of chocolate called Mud Truffle and it was the fkn best. They stopped selling them like 12 years ago and I have never forgotten them.

7. Active Snail

Active Snail Member

Original vovos, with the marshmallow and not the piece of shit icing on it.

Original Big Mac, the one that was actually bigger than a cheeseburger.

Original XXXX Bitter than has had its alcohol quantity and taste quality destroyed.

Original Pringles (seriously... what the fuck did they do to these?)

So im not really too devastated about what has been taken away all together, i just want back what was already there before some fucking idiot decided to change it.

p3t0r likes this.
  8. power

power Member

i haven't had fruit loops in something like 20 years, what the hell happened to them they are hideous? How do you fuck up breakfast sugar so badly. Colour, size, texture, everything was just wrong for a minute I thought i'd bought some off brand Aldi shit, nope turns out they were destroyed on purpose.

9. ~Spyne~

~Spyne~ Member

Health brigade.
    But I reckon I had some early last year and they were still pretty good.

10. flain

flain Member

A few years back they changed the Shapes recipe

Pizza shapes are now a soft biscuit and taste terrible :/. Back when they changed them my kids didn't like them anymore (wouldn't eat them at school) and so we haven't purchased any since.

Madengineer likes this.
  11. elcarter1

elcarter1 Member

This thread should die, and stay dead. Stop reminding me of all the cool shit that's gone.

This must be why old people are always pissed off.

Madengineer likes this.
  12. Supplanter

Supplanter Member

Muncheros. :(

13. broccoli

broccoli Member

You can now buy 2 types of Shapes. Everyone went nutso when they wrecked them with the "new" version, so they brought back the old version and you get to choose.

14. Lost Property

Lost Property Member

As a delivery driver Hot Cross buns and Wagon Wheels used to be the best dealing commodity. Back when Hot Cross Buns were only available at Easter I could trade just about anything for a packet of Hot Cross buns out of the truck but Wagon Wheels were the gift that gave all year round. One big Wagon Wheel could get me a bottle of milk, a newspaper, coffee, hot dogs all sorts of things. But when they changed size I had to give them away by the packet. A packet of Wagon Wheels, a Jam or Chocolate roll and a few loaves of bread to a few different people and in return I wouldn't have to shop for a week.

15. broccoli

broccoli Member

I don't think they changed just the size, I think they used to take a lot nicer before.

16. Lost Property

Lost Property Member

Well they didn't change the size they got rid of the big ones. In most states you could always buy the smaller size in the 8 pack but the single packet which was a 5 inch wheel was what most people remember. George Weston had a major problem with Wagon Wheels in the 00's in that they were the only part of the sweets and biscuits department to make a profit. It caused them major headaches and they tried to sell off everything but Wagon Wheels. They also introduced white chocolate wheel which was a terrible seller but they committed themselves to it and lived by the decision. The subsidiary companies of George Westons, Dons mainly, ended up bank rolling the cakes and biscuits until they knew they had no other choice but to give in and sell what they could before all of George Westons suffered and in a multi product deal they offloaded Wagon Wheels, the only thing that made money, to Arnotts who changed the recipe. Arnotts have re-released the larger wheels but they continue to sell poorly and the mini ones outsell the bigger ones.

17. broccoli

broccoli Member

that explains why they turned yuck.

18. Lost Property

Lost Property Member

Yeah Arnotts have always claimed they never changed the recipe and certain people inside George Westons claimed part of the deal was that they never got the exact recipe, the truth as always lies somewhere in between.

19. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

I think you can still get Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs.. not that I would, they were disgusting. But around the same era there was a BBQ flavoured snack call Something To Munch On While You Are Having A Drink. I enjoyed those, every time I got drunk. I don't drink these days.. perhaps losing my custom sent them broke? I certainly haven't seen any for many decades.

20. broccoli

broccoli Member

Well, if they use the same recipe, they use crappier ingredients. They used to be absolutely delicious. I tried one more recently and it was yuck. Not just a bit yuck, but really really yuck compared to what they were. I don't think I'm remembering them better than they actually were, either.