Third party Mailout/Newsletter services

Discussion in 'Business & Enterprise Computing' started by ECHO, Jul 3, 2012.

1. ECHO

ECHO Member

Hello brains trust!

I often get asked by clients to what is a good third party mailout/newsletter service (usually after they've been blacklisted for doing it themselves!)

When googling it I get absolutely swamped with results so I can tell it's going to be a pain trawling through them all.

To give you a rough idea, some clients just want to send out a quarterly newsletter and others want to do weekly marketing spam. Ease of use is a giant plus. Cost is also another concern.

I searched through the forums and found this thread from 2010, but I was hoping for some more current thoughts?

Cheers!

2. Munity

Munity Member

mailchimp i've found to be great.

3. OP
    OP
    ECHO

ECHO Member

Thanks. I guess that's two recommendations out of two! :)

If anyone else has any other recommendations, I'd love to hear it!

4. shift

shift Member

5. Daemon

Daemon Member

When looking at the newsletter systems, be aware that most of the cheaper plans don't have a dedicated IP address for sending emails. This means that other clients on the services may send out something that causes the IP to be blacklisted and therefore affect your mailout.

Depending on how many clients you have, it may be worth hosting the software yourself on a VPS and running something like Interspire Email Marketer.

6. OP
    OP
    ECHO

ECHO Member

Thanks guys :)

7. Remote Man

Remote Man Member

Yeah! And I got a free t-shirt off them, it's sweet as!

Both Mailchimp and Campaign Monitor are excellent (I've only used mailchimp).

And in so far as avoiding blacklisting both companies work actively to stop people sending spam and from getting themselves blocked. We've had issues with being blocked after staff sent newsletter through our Exchange server it's a horrible problem and far easier to let someone else worry about.

8. ysu

ysu Member

We use them too. Pretty good, and what's best; you can actually handle it all via API calls if needed be.