TikTok

Discussion in 'Live Streaming & Content Creation' started by MoMaN69, May 20, 2020.

1. MoMaN69

MoMaN69 Member

Since all the corona virus shit I’ve watched more TikTok then I’d like to admit...

I started making videos and have a big following.

does anyone else here make tiktoks share your username, mine is Marklusco

2. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

I reckon a good huge portion of content on TikTok is pure eye cancer.

3. guy.incogneto

guy.incogneto Member

No offence, there's probably some entertaining stuff on there, but to me tiktok and sites like that represents a lot that's been going wrong with kids and society recently.
    Short videos for short attention span minds and infinite scroll wasting people's time for hours.

I work with kids and I've seen a huge reduction in their ability to stay focused over the years. Older generation used to play games that took months to master and watch long movies with heavy dialogue.
    But the younger generation now need instant gratification content, short instant interesting videos, and get distracted if they don't get that or have to practice to get something right.

Maybe I'm just getting old

4. Beanz

Beanz Member

I agree! I've banned my kids from TikTok for this very reason.

BurningFeetMan likes this.
  5. guy.incogneto

guy.incogneto Member

Needs to be banned for adults too imo :lol:

l_ QuadX_l, Zee and Beanz like this.
  6. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

pretty much all social media is bottom of the barrel.... i stay well away from all of it... no thanks.

g00ie, Nethiuz and Zee like this.
  7. Qtr_Mile_Stud

Qtr_Mile_Stud Member

I have avoided the majority of social media apps.

Only thing I use is FB largely for the marketplace.

Good on you though for getting a large following but I think people spend too much time on social media and should do more productive stuff as life is too short.

8. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Just say no to CCP social media apps

BurningFeetMan, Zee and clonex like this.
  9. Tinian

Tinian Member

I'm not a 15 year old girl, so no.

10. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

TikTok is a paedophiles haven

l_ QuadX_l and mesaoz like this.
  11. Reins

Reins Member

Forget the attention spans/distraction of Tiktok... I’d be far more worried about the CCP influence.

12. Scarpetta

Scarpetta Member

This is what confuses me. Why are adults having seizures on camera?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  13. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

I have no problems with people trying to post funny content on platforms like TikTok and even if its a bit on the stupid and idiotic side. But there is stupid funny and theres the dumb stupid shit that gets posted on TikTok (amongst the social media platforms out there) which makes you lose brain cells watching it. Sadly most of the content is the norm nowadays with kids and sad to say if this is the standard for what our future is going to be no wonder we are fucked.

14. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

While I don't like TikTok, this is also the exact sentiment of every generation that has ever existed (re: the generations that follow them)

CAPT-Irrelevant likes this.
  15. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

As a school teacher, it is insane how much this app has taken over everything. It is the social media platform of choice for school ages kids, and in high school thats Year 7-12. Everyone is on it, and it's crazy how much they use it and constantly are making videos.

Definitely can't watch them - some pretty braindead content. The fact that CCP essentially own every bit of content that is uploaded to Tiktok is extremely worrying - particularly when it tracks location and majority of tiktoks are at people's houses.

Mate - you're bang on. Kids attention spans are extremely low. They can't stay motivated and can't stay on task - their minds drift elsewhere and want instant gratification. I don't think it's just Tiktok that has lead to this - it's a huge societal shift.
    The example I use with my kids at school is Netflix. Long gone are the days of getting in the car, going with parents to Blockbuster, walking the aisles to find the right movie. Get it home, load up the popcorn and chocolate and away you go. Then have to return it the next day. Nowdays, kids open their laptop they get for school, open Netflix and boom - movie is there. No patience, no 'work' to get that film, it's just there at the click of a mouse. Everything is very quick. Internet is fast, phone reception is fast. It's a very different world - technology is rapidly changing and it's having a huge impact on our young people.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    GrandmasBoi, Nethiuz, Zee and 3 others like this.
  16. spludgey

spludgey Member

Just looked you up. What the fuck?

JSmithDTV and Matthew kane like this.
  17. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

I sort of disagree. Theres a couple bad apples in the lot with every generation but the current generation of young folks, lack severe discipline and don't use common sense for a lot of things. Technology as innovative and helpful as it is as it changes lives daily is to blame for this. The social media shit (amongst other stuff) is dumbing down folks nowadays.

Zee likes this.
  18. Zee

Zee Member

Totally agree with this. I've had to ban the interwebs at home to get my daughter to start learning to focus for more than 17 seconds.

As a kid, I used to play Gunship, Falcon and Elite - games that truly took ages to master.

My dad would also barge into my room and tell me to "GTFO and go climb a tree with your friends or something", and just pull the plug on the 'ol Atari ST if I wasn't quick enough to save/shut it down. Modern parents shit their pants at the thought of the sort of things we did as kids (my partner is one of them, she freaks when I throw our 2yo around on the bed, flipping her and spinning her around. the 2yo LOVES it though, and it gives my shoulders and arms a workout). I think this is part of the current culture of just being far too soft and sensitive, and being offended by every crappy little thing.

Z...

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    Reins likes this.
  19. blankpaper

blankpaper Member

I'm perfectly happy for tiktok to exist on a different part of the internet and never see it. With any luck it'll be long gone before my kid is old enough to surf the net (even more luck is required for it to have no successor). I don't like seeing companies starting tiktok accounts and doing tiktok style videos. Cringe. Their target market isn't on tiktok, I don't know what the intent is there.

I'm sure these aren't the responses OK was hoping to see, lol.

20. power

power Member

as long as it's not tied to some challenge where people hurt themselves or others i could not care less.

Madengineer likes this.