Time Sink game

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Madengineer, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Perko

Perko Member

The one off drops change based on your cps I think.

I'm running at about 450 sextillion at the moment, can't remember what my legacy is. 4-500k maybe.

Edit: Scrap that, just had a go at it for the first time in a couple of days and I'm about to crack 1 septillion/s, legacy is 1.011m.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  2. DarthWindu

DarthWindu Member

god. i'm now 10 and a half days into cookies. what have you people done to me.

12.3 undecillion/second at the moment, when stacking Golden Switch, Shimmering Vale, Breath of Milk and Radiant Appetite. Probably only about 3 or 4 undecillion/sec when in active play mode. 500 to 600 each of the first 10 buildings, 400 to 450 each of the last 6. Used Spontaneous Edifice to get from 390 to 400 Fractals today. I've got 90% of the Achieves and Upgrades and Heavenly upgrades - just need the final 3, at 333 billion (!) Heavenly Chips each.

2 nights ago i finally hit the perfect buff stack - x7 Frenzy stacked with x50 Building Bonus stacked with a Hand of Fate'd Click Frenzy stacked with selling 2500 buildings with Godzamok. Went from 2 billion Prestige to 10 billion Prestige in less than 20 seconds. Enough to get the final Kitten upgrade. Now on 17 billion prestige after an additional day of 50/50 passive play, and with 7 billion Prestige saved up today from 95% passive play. The first 8 days were pretty active though ><

Passive play is so freakin slow. If I got the same, super rare outcome again right now, I'd get....god...3 or 4 nonillion x 7 x 50 x 250 per click, x 50 clicks over 10 seconds...and could probably cram in another quarter of that again with a quick repurchase/resell of maybe 800 buildings, for another 25% on top of that. oh and times all that by 2.2 if i remember to click on the Golden Switch after hitting Hand of Fate. then triple it with a Sugar Rush. eh what even number would that be.

Going from 400 to 500 Fractals would take, at my current earnings...9,156,000,000 days of passive play. 25 million years. I need to get some more perfect stacks lined up.

eh i'll aim to do that tomorrow. haha. Roughly a 4% chance every 240 seconds, and then you need your Hand of Fate to pop out a Click Frenzy...about a 20% chance of that. Takes some patience, and then some luck, and then some precise sequencing, then some frantic clicking. Totally worth it. Getting it that first time was pretty much my biggest gaming adrenaline rush that I can remember having.

Apparently the REAL money is in advanced Garden strats. I have spent zero time leaning garden stuff. maybe after christmas.

I think this game has the deepest mechanics of any game i've played.

(side note - this is why the Cookie Clicker Reddit bans people from doing CPS updates in their threads :))

walker_2003 and Madengineer like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

So my Grannies turned nuts! :D I perhaps did an upgrade that was not a good choice... :S

4. slavewone

slavewone Member

Was that the upgrade that came with a warning? Or a subsequent one? I know I did a save and reverted.

5. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Yeah. I didn't think about that.

Now I've got weird things attaching themselves to my cookie, and severely crippling my CPS. (I know if you click them you get it back) plus darker coloured cookies that if you click them, you lose something :(

6. Perko

Perko Member

The wrinklers give back more than they remove, and the red cookies have lots of different effects - positive, neutral, and negative. They're a gamble, basically.

Don't be revert your save, you get some decent CPS gains from techs that come after the initial one with the warning.

It's still gaining exponentially for me, my legacy score is about 15 billion now.

7. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Nah not gonig to revert. I've done that once already, and it made me feel dirty. lol

Just pushing oN!

Currently on 5 trillion cps, and slowly getting up there (when I'm actively playing)

8. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I just got another warning for Communal Brainsweep... I hate these warnings! :D

9. DarthWindu

DarthWindu Member

One Mind is optimal for active play. 12 of the Wrinklers will multiply your passive CPS by 8 (!). or 10 give x6, until you get the upgrade to allow 12 total. 1/3 of cookies are Wrath Cookies during One Mind, as said they're a gamble but a x7 stacked with a x666 Elder Wrath Cookie is good (particularly if you have full Wrinklers), and then if you can line up a reindeer during that time, you get a nice payout (and an achieve). And 2/3 of the time they are normal.

Full Grandmocalypse is good for pure passive play, since having 100% Wrath Cookies becomes irrelevant (full passive you'd spend an hour of income for the Golden Switch, and later, a full day of income to turn on the Shimmering Veil).

And once you Ascend the next time, it starts again so you can go a different playstyle focus the next time (eg, stop at One Mind if you went further than you wanted to).

I started working on my Garden today. Should pay off in the next few days!

10. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I keep getting the mass cookie thing. I CAN'T CLICK FAST ENOUGH! :D

But also, I keep taking risks with the darker cookies, and more often than not my shit is being halved for 2 and a half minutes. lol

11. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

SO back to proper 'time waste' games. Finally got around to Subnautica... And I can't figure out how the fuck to get the repair tool!

12. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Usually is multiple places to find the parts for blueprints. Try exploring within 200m of pod in the near by wrecks etc.

I really wanna get back into subnautica.. Such a great atmosphere and I am quite proud of my base! I am just at a point where I am too scared to go to the depths I need to for further progression.

13. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

blueprints??? I was at the point where I needed to get cave sulphur...

14. AERO

AERO Member

I’ve had my pc off since Xmas eve so my cookie clicker is not going, since I’m not mining btc I have no real reason to waste power when I’m not at home. But I’ll get it going again when I get home tomorrow

15. DarthWindu

DarthWindu Member

Confirmed, garden is the Cookie endgame. 12 Queenbeets harvested with a double-stacked Building bonus with Switch and Veil on, got 3 years worth of cookies (~60% of bank) in like 7 clicks. With a three hour ramp-up window and probably that long again waiting for various other stars to align. 4 quattrodecillion total baked.

A level 10 garden would let you triple up your bank every time you did this. Crikey. Pity that's a timegated 6 weeks or so away.

(secretly wishing someone would host an intervention regarding my out of control cookie habit)

16. AERO

AERO Member

i only saw what a garden was, mines only sugar lump one, just putting atleast 1 sugar lump onto each first

17. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

So I gave up on Cookie Clicker :D

Couldn't do it any longer.

Playing Divinity 2 though as my time sink game now, and it's awesome!

18. BAK

BAK Member

I was doing fine with Cookie Clicker until I ran out of Ascension upgrades. The only ones left cost 333 billion (compared to 1 billion for previous ones). I guess the Garden is where I want to focus next but it's pretty tedious hoping for the seeds to spawn...

19. evilasdeath

evilasdeath Member

I started playing this since i got it free, great so far, a few jumpy moments, trying to get the blueprints for the MVB so i can build a sub.

20. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I gave up. I couldn’t work out what to do or how to do it. I kept running out of air so quick while searching for materials, and some of the key ones I found so hard to get.