Timmy...My new Sun Conure

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by terryand, Jul 14, 2009.

1. terryand

terryand Member

A new addition to the family. Tried a couple of different methods to shoot him. First up used a reflector with the sunlight coming through the window, then put him on a perch between a softbox and a beauty dish with just the beauty lights on.

DOF is a bit shallow for my liking in some, it was the best I could do in the light without flashing him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rezin

Rezin Member

Beautiful bird. With #2 / #3 (maybe) / #4, I think it would've been better if the tail was in the shot. #4 is the best, IMO.

3. OP
    OP
    terryand

terryand Member

I did get some with the tail in the shot, but the little bugger would move his head so quick and it would be out of focus.

[​IMG]

Terry.

4. Dropbear

Dropbear Member

Sun Conures are the best birds!... Just be prepared for a LOT of noise. They are seriously one of the noisiest parrots around..

5. methd

methd Member

2 is cute, i love that expression in birds! they're curious creatures, and you see that in most pet parrots.

6. SpammT

SpammT Member

All great photos, love birds... but #2 is the best, followed by 3 imo.

My sister has a cockatiel, would love to get some photos of him but he just won't stay still and everytime im there the lighting sucks :(

7. JuzIE

JuzIE Member

Nice bird mate. I like the #2 shot, as your looking down at it. Makes the bird appear nicer :thumbup: