Tivo ending in Australia

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by bethalor, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Stooge007

Stooge007 Member

lifetime subscription*

* for the life of the product

same with free map updates for "life" on GPS units

the life part is the life of the unit, which is not forever

2. chook

chook Member

I don't disagree with the logic of lifetime being the life of the product but the people who have the authority disagree:

https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/belkin-undertakes-to-honour-lifetime-warranties

Granted, there is a difference here in that warranties are not subscriptions but, if you bought your Tivo from Internode, for example, Internode are the ones that need to honour the lifetime warranty as your contract of sale is with them and not Tivo directly I presume. Not having ever purchased a Tivo my knowledge is not detailed nor am I someone that should be considered an expert.

3. Gibbon

Gibbon grumpy old man

We've swapped over to Fetch, and to be honest I don't miss the TiVOs at all - particularly now that the Fetch Mini can record to the Fetch Mighty.
    We've replaced 4 x TiVOs with 2 x Fetch Mighties and 2 x Minis. No complaints.

My only concern was that the Fetch isn't as "Nanna Friendly" for the Nanna that lives with us, but she's worked the Fetch out now.

4. OP
    OP
    bethalor

bethalor Member

Great news, I have taken 6 units to the Tivo Dr (Thankyou Darren), who for a exceptionally reasonable price upgraded them.
    It isn't quite as good in regard to the program guide, but it is still usable and better than anything else.
    So please don't throw them out you can save Tivo!