TJ08-E watercooled build log

Discussion in 'PC Build Logs' started by Normalaxis, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Normalaxis

Normalaxis Member

Hey guys
    Heres my current Build:
    Case: TJ08-e
    MB: P7Z77m
    GPU: GTX 760
    CPU: 3570k (stock)
    Memory - Gskill Sniper 12800CL9D-8GBSR
    SSD- Samsung 850 evo 120gb
    Raid Array : Rocketraid 1740 with 4x WD 3tb hdds in raid 5
    PSU: Corsair HX650

So i went on a splurge the other day
    [​IMG]
    And again today to get some extra fittings
    [​IMG]

I have some big plans for the setup. I plan on moving the HDD rack back a few centimeters, and putting the 180mm radiator there. The case is in shambles at the moment, with only the thumb screws holding the panels together. I found that the front fan is creating a negative pressure zone inside the case, so i flipped the back fan to an intake fan. I lost the little mesh screen used to cover the GPU mounting screws, so i will have to design and 3D print or manufacture one myself (Does anyone know where i could get this done, i can use solidworks :) ). There is a switch at the front of the case which switches the 180mm fan from 7-12v for adjustable fan speed, so im taking the fan out and switching to a mb controlled 180mm PWM fan. Im also replacing the switch with a 3 circuit switch. I will splice this switch into the UV lights and front activity lights. The plan is to eventually swap my 760 for a 1070/80 with a waterblock, and add an additional 120mm radiator at the back
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last weekend i procrastinated from uni study to cut a window into the case. Its not perfect, but when i dissassemble the case this weekend, i plan to remove the acrylic and round off the sharp edges (i did a quick job using an angle grinder and a crappy dremel).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I picked up the fittings from PLE today, and heres a picture of the drain setup (I rotated the drain handle 90 degrees so it would fit, and bought a G1/4 screw block just in case.
    [​IMG]
    The left and right fittings on the T joint are rotatory joints, so i can use a 90 degree joint on the left to get it through the small MB power hole (I will be making it larger when i dremel the window). The PCCG order is expected to arrive on friday, so im gonna have a very nice weekend :)

2. mad_mic3

mad_mic3 Member

any update or progress;)

3. BigDave

BigDave Member

i'm with you Mike Updates!!!!

Love my TJ08-E :cool:

4. OP
    OP
    Normalaxis

Normalaxis Member

Hey guys! Forgot to update you so heres a few goodies. I bought a handle from bunnings which i sprayed and attached to the top of the case
    [​IMG]
    Another package came
    [​IMG]
    I got to work immediately, and drilled new mounting holes for the HDD rack. This was easier than i thought it would be, and i added an extra two holes for a flow indicator. I cut the fan speed switch off the front fan, and spliced it into the UV strip, and UV lights (both on separate circuits)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Heres a partly assembled photo taken, and fully assembled rig.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I wasnt too happy with the position of the flow indicator, so i moved it around and added another 120mm radiator to the rear of the case
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. OP
    OP
    Normalaxis

Normalaxis Member

I found a fair amount of dust was getting into the case. Theres a slit behind the fan filter which was the culprit. I was going to 3D print a new fan filter, but opted to glue on some carpet around the edges of the filter. Maybe another day :cool:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Heres the redesigned filter, with roughly 1.5x the surface area
    [​IMG]
    This will do for now
    [​IMG]
    The waterblock for my 1070 came so i also added it to the loop :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Theres still a bit more i would like to do.
    Id like to add more UV lights, a stronger LED on the bulb, and another UV on the back of the resevoir

6. BigDave

BigDave Member

Thanks for the updates :thumbup:

looks super crowded though :wired:

Do yo have anything under the 4 drive bays? I've got mine on the case floor with velcro. you might be able to face the drive cage towards the rear, I tried but the ram was in the way.

[​IMG]
    Click to view full size!

7. /invariance\

/invariance\ Member

Interesting....ahem.....workshop tools? :)

8. OP
    OP
    Normalaxis

Normalaxis Member

Yes a chopping board and kitchen knife :D

9. OP
    OP
    Normalaxis

Normalaxis Member

That looks bloody sexy mate. I tried to make a bracket to mount the hard drives vertically, but i believe the impedence to the airflow would cook the hard drives. Ive put holes in the baseplate so the rack is a few mm from the 180mm radiator