1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ni9ht_5ta1k3r, May 10, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Nah it seemed to be a lag between when they released the patch and updated the servers. for some reason they thought it was a good idea to send the client patch first before patching the servers.

2. MrBS

MrBS Member

So are yellow drops up post patch or is it just because my gear score is creeping up. Got a bunch from an hour's play last night.

3. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I'm sitting at 251 trying to get to the 252 level cap.

4. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Big changes. Needed changes. Again more devs releasing trash and then fixing up. The new mode does sound alot better though. No gear scores or rarity or enemy levels. And another mode where you can adjust gameplay elements to suit your style.

Almost worth a pirate..

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    ChinoPD likes this.
  5. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

About to uninstall TD2 myself. Purchased it recently after the game went down to the price of a cup of coffee, and after 5 hours, I’ve remained... unWow’ed. Nearly dropped 300hrs on the first I reckon, I’m glad I learnt my lesson on this one. Ubisoft will do well in the corporate IT world in Canberra gov. Over paid contractors, the deadline matters more than the end product. LOL.

walker_2003 likes this.
  6. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I enjoyed td2 but only a few hours in haha. Not massive desire to go back though.

7. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

Its very samey. I put a solid 50-60 in but once I reached the "end-game" I had zero interest in repeating missions/bounties. Its just not my cup of tea. Was happy to finish it and put it down.

8. MrBS

MrBS Member

I still put a a few hours in when I get the itch, keeping loot enabled though, what's the point otherwise :p

9. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I'd prefer all guns to be viable in a game like that not one with some imaginary level and rarity.

10. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

If it's not a sci-fi setting then my immersion breaks with bullet sponges.

11. T-Bones

T-Bones Member

Headshot = Dead (for Breakpoint that is, not TD2)

12. th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

I've been enjoying Breakpoint after finally relenting (I didn't like the idea of the new mechanics over Wildlands), but it's been good. I am only interested in single player and it's mostly scratched that itch, although I do miss my team of ghosts some times to save my ass. One of my complaints for these games is load times... mostly because I die so often :p

I'm up to the Kill Walker level but am not leveled up (or skilled enough) to get through so I've gone back and started playing through side missions and going place to place collecting things. I'd mostly ignored anything other than the main missions as I went... it seems you do need to invest some time in there (or maybe in online play??) rather than being singularly focussed on the main story.

I still don't quite understand why a given weapon has different "quality" levels. I mean, what makes the same weapon Gold vs blue vs purple?? I've also not worked out if a Gold weapon at a lower level is better than a purple or blue one at a higher level?? Mostly I just use what I like, although I only just had explained to me some of the intricacies of some of the specs shown which makes picking which gun to use right now a little easier... mostly it was about how they felt to use :p I'm also still trying to work out when to dismantle weapons or when to hold onto them... too much choice!

I'm only just hitting level 150 (at about 50-60 hours) but am slowly working my way up before I go back and try that level again, but like I said, there is enough to keep me going with the side missions at the moment, but part of it is starting to feel a little grind-ey trying to level up... but as long as I can get some quality sniping in, I'm a happy camper... ;)

13. im late

im late Member

I don't see myself going back to Wildlands. This is also lots of fun with my mates in co-op, but lots more to do than in wildlands.

For challenges we target random behemoth outposts that are much higher levels than us.

What works for us is - patience + constant moving around + keeping distance & TAC 50 gets them eventually..

Currently borrowing a mates 6600K (and my GTX1070) to play this at 3440x1080 on high with Vulkan and it is butter smooth - back with DirectX 11 it was constant locks due to max CPU usage, now a non-issue.

14. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

eithout watching that video is Sam fisher kn this?? Any chance of playing splinter cell blacklist style?

15. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

yes, and u can customise game how you like, lots of diff options to choose. My cousin loving it, says its sick. (apart from annoying drones)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  16. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I just watched that and it looks enticing. I miss Chaos Theory days. Can this play like Chaos Theory?

17. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Not quite as gadgety but sorta..

ChinoPD likes this.
  18. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Cheers walker. Ok I''ll lookout for the next free weekend, the immersion looks good. Watched some more:

19. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Well there you go, he said the expansion felt more splinter cell then blacklist.

20. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

So as a massive fan of splinter cell including blacklist, but not a huge fan of wild lands, should I give this a shot