Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Sphinx2000, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Looks like the rumors were true:

https://news.ubisoft.com/article/an-announcement-from-massive-entertainment-on-the-division-2

[​IMG]

Stream with announcement and Q&A here "State of the Game #92: 08/03/2018": https://www.twitch.tv/videos/236592034

2. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

If it's anything like the first game it's probably wait after a few patches are released.

3. Azrael

Azrael Member

If they have learned from 1.8 (which it seems so), then it should be a cracker of a game. I have been really enjoying my return to New York since 1.8.

4. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Might be worth a look, apparently the division is a good game now, just took alot of patching. Hopefully the 1.0 version of this is good.

I feel its too late to jump back into #1

5. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

I have had the itch to jump back into 1, but i havent played in ages and would be lost :(

Might look into 2 when it comes out. Had a ball playing that with other OCAU peeps.

6. OP
    OP
    Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Could be a year or so before launch of 2.
    3rd person only drives me nuts though..

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  7. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Get into siege brah!

8. Frag

Frag Member

Well this is great news. I have spent quite a few hours in Division 1 and still play it now. For those who haven't played Div 1 or not in ages its definitely worth picking up. The single player /co-op campaign was always great but there is no so so much to do in this game its great.

If anyone returns and needs a leg up always happy to lend a hand. Add me FraggleRockAU - just let me know you're from OCAU.

Also if you want to come back right now is the time as you can farm top end equipment really easily during the current "Global Event". The best 3 PvP sets are available :)

9. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

Absolutely no fucking way in hell I'm dropping any coin on this! The first was the biggest POS game I have ever had the displeasure of playing. Hackers ran rampant, people glitching the bosses to grind gear, people exploiting terrain bugs... I could go on. It's only just now that the game is what it should of been on release date. They honestly should of provided optional refunds given the state of the game upon release.

10. AERO

AERO Member

div 1 was the first full priced game ive bought in a long time and it was good for a while but got sick of it, think i stopped when underground come out, but too many other games out now

11. iNoob

iNoob Member

First division was one of the biggest pieces of shit out. Same shit as Destiny, shit all content, completely fucked progression, took 129058 patches to make it ok. Fell behind in progression if you didn't cheese things too.

12. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

Well that was the problem with the division.. They practically didn't seem to have a test team. The glitches and bugs killed the game and once games are dead ... People move on and never come back.

13. Frag

Frag Member

Not sure how it was the biggest POS ever but each to their own. It was a very ambitious game and in the end they stuck to it and slowly but surly fixed all the issues and have made quite an amazing and complete game. I loved the 1-30 single/co-op experience and the DZ was great with mates after. I left due to cheating but they have that under control (or hackers moved on lol). Very rare for any terrain bugs but again in the context of what they were setting out to achieve it is a really awesome game with some different dynamics in PvP.

As above, all thats been fixed. Yes same shit like destiny - its like every game -... The Division is shit loads better than Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 (just ask all teh Destiny 2 converts that have come to the division). Its not perfect but damn to this day I am amazed by the realistic world they created in that game. With all the fruit its one of the best looking games there is!

14. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

You're joking right? The game was great for about the first week or two, then the hackers started running rampant in PVP and absolutely NOTHING was done about it. The only effective anti cheat I ever seen was one of the devs streaming on twitch writing down the hackers names that were to be banned later.

Then there was the issue of people exploiting incursion (or whatever it was called) bugs making it easier for them to get the better loot faster. Then all the regular people who chose to do it legitimately fell behind trying to grind for it. This wasn't a once off either and happened every time new content was released. That's not even getting started on the multiple other exploits/bugs that people were using like getting outside the city walls and farming rogue statuses.

Majority of the PvE area was useless after you reached a certain level.

Looting and crafting felt like a huge chore and was more garbage when exploiters were running around with much better gear.

Did I mention the amount of hackers that ruined PVP completely?

Sure, the game might be fine and playable now but who really gives a shit? Expecting people to wait years before the game is at a playable and enjoyable level is a joke in itself. I'm glad your enjoying it but as mentioned earlier there will be no fucking way in hell i'll be dropping coin on this.

15. Frag

Frag Member

Not Joking.. You obviously left very early in the piece so I am telling you as someone who stuck with it, left and returned. Its a great game - if it came out the way it is now it would have been a "huge" game.

Not talking about the division 1.0 - its up to 1.8 and its a damn good game. Massive to their credit have released 8 major patches with each adding more and more areas for free and to DLC holders. Not sure what you class as a good game but I like you was pissed with them after the first month or so, but they stuck with it mate. It really is a solid game.

End of the day, its taken 2 years but I will argue that what they tried to create and came so close to initially is pretty amazing and I think through their lessons from Division, Division 2 will be an amazing game. I've now got over 1000hrs so can say its been a good game for me.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  16. warhead

warhead Member

I was fairly excited to learn that Division 2 was coming but that excitement practically vanished when I read that development actually started when they were still working on the first game. To me this means that they already share code; which has come to light that it's not good enough when it comes to UI/Inventory (over 1600 global variables for the UI! What the???), net code, hitboxes, anti-cheat, etc.

Having said that though, I've found my way back into Div 1.8 and half way through levelling a 2nd character. I forgot how good the pre level 30 experience was. Weapons that are instant trash in WT5 feel godly and sound awesome without muzzle mods attached.

17. Frag

Frag Member

To me the anti cheat is #1, being based on snow drop 2 - it would always be an evolution rather than revolution. The netcode isn't bad, honestly I have played on EU/US servers and still have fun .. in PvE no isssue at all. But yes lets hope the inventory system is completely redone, it is very piss poor for this type of game.. but then again it was designed around consoles/controllers :(

18. Hyunk

Hyunk Member

Hopefully not a Destiny 2 repeat given Division 2 started development not long after Division 1 (i think). But I'll also be disappointed if they try to pass off separate somewhat/mostly unrelated "game modes" as DLC. I preordered The Division, I'm definitely waiting for reviews before I decide on #2.

19. connico

connico Member

No just no...same same...

20. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

I might consider it.
    Would like to see how much open world stuff there is.