Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Sphinx2000, Mar 9, 2018.

1. power

power Member

when the player bases drop Ubisoft do free weekends and there is an uptick in player counts.

2. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Looks like a skip for me then, thanks.

3. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Just wait for release and watch some videos. You can probably get it cheaper from a cd-key site after release.

But again I wouldn't really recommend the game without friends but I'm sure some people enjoy it solo.

It will get cheap on cd-key sites relatively quickly I imagine.

4. Azrael

Azrael Member

The Division 1 has kept a relatively steady player base, and the Reddit based Division Discord has made finding players to go do legendaries etc with a cakewalk. It is quite rare that I cannot find any players on to do something with. But even if you cant the solo game is pretty solid, and very worthwhile. The nice thing with how they have set it up is that you can join someone elses server even if they arent in your region. So im often playing in a mixed team of yanks and euros, and its still quite workable (occasionally laughable when the Scandanavians cant understand the Texan accent).

Compare that to when i got into Titanfall2 and after that excellent campaign there was literally SFA to do as no-one was playing MP.

5. Frag

Frag Member

Leigh - Pretty sure you can get The Division 1 cheap. If you like that then you will like Div 2, the latter being more polished and with far more activities end game.

And yes, waiting till the player base dwindles will mean you lose out on fun factore. Great in co op and really alternative PvP as well... plenty to do for loot whores like me and

6. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

Might be joining the other refugees from anthem for this game.
    Going to let marinate for a week and see what the consensus is.

7. MrBS

MrBS Member

Game is installed an ready to go when I get home from work :D Tearing myself from Devil May Cry V is going to be a struggle though ;)

8. Frag

Frag Member

Cool, let us know your thoughts on the final product. I couldnt bring myself to spend the extra coin on a damn game to get the unlocks early. Oh well 2 more days and I'll get to check it in full! Upgraded my GPU just for this game :)

9. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

Yeah. I was happy to pay for EAs Premium Pass because I got value elsewhere and early access was a bonus. I am not happy to directly pay $60+ for a few days early access.

I already uninstalled Anthem. Got to like Level 26. Ill have another crack in 6 months see if its more fun. Gameplay was decent but surrounding systems average and I would rather play my other games. Looking forward to D2 as I missed the D1 boat.

10. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Combat looks better with D2. Never played the beta, but from gameplay videos D2 seems “punchy”, which to me is awesome.

Was DZ PVP playable on beta? Is there a barrel roll movement that people just spam during combat just like what D1 players were doing?

11. Frag

Frag Member

Missing the early D1 was probably good, though by the end they really got most things sorted. Its a fun game whether solo or with mates and unique PvEvP play areas and dynamics. I have no hesitation buying D2 after seeing the beta/demo as I can see the game rises another step or two higher than Div 1.8x.

I have APex Legends as a good time waster for next few nights so I'll live haha.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  12. Frag

Frag Member

Yes, I didnt spend too much time but it feels quite different. Movement is no longer as quick nor as responsive so they force more of a cover scenario.. hip fire almost useless... obviously the rest of the DZ feels like it did before but i spent maybe 20 mins and only had another squad to squabble with..

So yeah no chicken dance and mad rolls everywhere.

ChinoPD likes this.
  13. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

That's awesome mate, positive things.

14. Alkahestic

Alkahestic Member

I'll hopefully have some time tonight to give it a spin. Should have finished loading by now on my ultra fast ADSL2+. I sprung for the cosmetics because... well I'm not sure why but it seemed like a good idea at the time. If I get half the hours out of Div2 that I did from Div1, it's going to be peanut$/hour.

15. Frag

Frag Member

Have fun, I see you're on :) I managed to d/l in about 1hr but now have to wait 2 days haha, but yes hours in div 1 made price seem laughable :)

16. Azrael

Azrael Member

Im away until Friday and then F1 over the weekend... what a week to have the Div 2 launch :(

To compensate i only bought Standard so i wouldnt feel as bad.

17. MrBS

MrBS Member

Well I'm only level 4 at this stage lol, going through and doing the side missions in the current area. No crashes or oddities so far.

18. Frag

Frag Member

So by all accounts of people I have spoken to the game is really shaping up well at launch. Can't wait to put my loot whore shoes on, I had to change my ways in Apex :p

19. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Looking for cheap pc deals.

20. kbekus

kbekus Member

JB Hifi $64 std edition

If you've got 100 Club Ubi points you can get a 20% off voucher, making it about $72 through the UPlay store.