Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Sphinx2000, Mar 9, 2018.

1. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

amazon AU has it for $64 but then they post the damn code and i don't want that.

2. Jawar

Jawar Member

Played a bit last night and this arvo, up to level 8 and really enjoying it. I loved The Division so obviously i don't need to be won over too much and even though its very similar, there are new components and enjoying the different side missions instead of just the same couple of activities on repeat in every different area. Obviously levelling & story is one thing and end game is another but so far its been great, very smooth, no issues (apart from an ill-time HDD dying messing with my PC).

3. Alkahestic

Alkahestic Member

Well, I have been playing way too much but it's been a blast so far, up to level 14. The cutscenes are a bit meh but the gameplay is great. The overall environment is pretty awesome, the locations for the missions are pretty damn good as well. It's one huge thing that Massive continues to do well. NY was good but DC is even better. Running into friendly patrols and having them randomly help out on a nearby world activity or just going about their business breathes a life into the map that didn't exist in Div1. I know it's the honeymoon period but it really feels like they did take criticisms on board and tried to do better. Shooting stuff up is fantastic as well. When the red and purple enemies start getting a bit bullet spongy, you know it's time to get a new weapon. Combat is familiar but different. The armor system so far seems like a really good idea. Strategic positioning is key, the armor packs take a few seconds to deploy, so if you have no armor and caught out of position, it'll be GG. No more running, gunning, and medipack-ing or hitting the armor ult.

As for the dreaded bugs - I have had some NPC's spawn on top of me twice. So far no glitches into terrain or spawning behind locked doors or bugged out missions. I did find the DX12 renderer to be broken. It makes me crash to desktop after 15-20 minutes. DX11 putters along for 2-3 hours fine, my longest session. Great news about the crash then relog process, in missions it consistently spawned me at the last checkpoint when I logged back in.

So far, it's great. There's an occasional laggy moment but that could be my internet but overall nothing major to complain about, except maybe the DX12 renderer not working properly. I think if you liked Div1, you're gonna love Div2. If you were on the fence, you'll probably like Div2, if you hated Div1, you'll probably hate Div2 as well.

Frag likes this.
  4. Frag

Frag Member

Sounds good, you know I and Wobbly are in :) Probably a few more recruits to tag.

5. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i guess ppl can't giveaway the free pre-order bonus game cos i already have all 3 games they're offering LUL

6. c4dderly

c4dderly Member

I have had two crashes with dx12, in the first couple at the hours of playing when alt-tabbing, I changed from full screen to borderless and thereafter not a single crash and now I am level 30. Latest NV drivers with discord overlay and playclaw running with no issues, no stutter/lag @1440p.

7. Azrael

Azrael Member

The spawning on top of you thing sometimes happens with lag spikes, and being in Australia i think we get it more often. I died a few times in the beta to NPCs only appearing after I had entered an area.

8. BuzzPuppy

BuzzPuppy Member

Definitely having a blast with this game, and the differences between Div1 when it first came out to Div2 is nothing short of amazing.

The cynicism that comes with "Well, the BETA is pretty much GOLD" is gone, with a fair bit of polishing between, closed BETA, open BETA and now this. Have been playing pretty solidly since the 12th and I do like that the world is not "dead" when you're done with a part of Washington City.

In regards to XP...

*MAIN MISSIONS do not change no matter what level you're at. Completing it at HARD or LEGENDARY does not have mission XP but loot drops. If you're over-levelled, they will scale to minus-2 of what you are.

*SIDE MISSIONS - game changer! These DO scale XP wise depending on your level. I'm seeing about 33% of your current level's XP-to-ding being rewarded. Some have rerolled their Agents on Day Two, hoarding the earlier SIDE MISSIONS for late-teens/mid 20's grind. Oh, and if you're about to level, don't do a side mission. Save it for when you're at the beginning of your level XP to get the maximum benefit.

So what else to do from there?

*CONTROL POINTS - repeatable XP and are new compared to Div1. If taken by the enemy, you can call on a patrol to help out. Once you have them, it becomes a map respawn point/fast travel. You have to keep it maintained with water/food/tools (100 each) that decay over time, with small XP reward. Also, a supply rooms open with gear/mats at your current level. Repeatable if they get taken over. Now you know why you're getting "23 water" rather than one or two in the first game.

*PROJECTS per SETTLEMENT - think of "Settlements" as the main SAFE HOUSE compared to the last game. In each Settlement, you can do something called Projects. Each has different multiple requirements such as donate mats (polycarbonate, steel, etc), gear (got three kneepads lying around?) and maybe a mission (gather four SHD caches, stop a public execution, etc). These unlock bounties (similar to Div1 end-game, time based) or blueprints for gear.

I'll get back to blueprints in a second.

So, my "run" on Div2 goes like this.

Play the MAIN MISSIONS, take the CONTROL POINTS, unlock SETTLEMENTS and upgrade them by completing PROJECTS. Hoarding side-mission until later for XP jumps if it feels grindy (which it hasn't). Sure, you may be at Level 8 when people are hitting 12-16 but then you'll catch up pretty quickly. Some people have already hit 30 by doing this (and a friend has hit Level 22 as of 11pm AEDST on the 13th March after a re-roll!)

Hit me up (Buzz.Puppy on uPlay, BuzzPuppy#7304 on Discord ) and let's have a ball.

Good luck out there, Agent.

9. BuzzPuppy

BuzzPuppy Member

Blueprints/Weapons Attachment changes.

OMG crafting is simplified.

Who remembers burning mats for random stats for the perfect extended magazine or the scopes with the headshot damage/critical/elite damage? Stripping your weapon's mods to transfer that awesome-scope/magazine and micro-managing your gear?!?

Attachments are now level-independent and can be unlocked via two ways.

1) SHD cache points. For two points, you can unlock a a red dot micro-scope and then an ACOG. That's it. No white/green/blue/purple/gold/orange, no levels... just flat out percentages.

2) Blueprints. These are often earned by doing "Projects". Want a x8 CQBSS scope? There you go! Crafting is actually worthwhile in the early game. Oh and once unlocked, unlimited supply of mods. You unlock an ACOG or suppressor, it will be available on all suitable weapons and can fit them "in-the-field".

This is different to EQUIPMENT (body armour, backpacks, etc). Crafted ones are Level-appropriate so far.

EQUIPMENT has also been changed.

Previously, you would get stat enhancements/bonuses from kitting out gear if you have multiples in the end-game. Now, even low level greens can unlock those stat bonuses/enhancements so people get used to the idea from the beginning to transition to end-game gear mechanics. I do like!

10. OP
    OP
    Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Progression seems fast, loot is raining down. People are already ~500 ilvl after 25 hours or so??

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  11. Frag

Frag Member

I can't wait, std edition unlocks today yeah? I was meant to be up on site Thurs/Fri so didnt really care now that has been delayed I'm starting to chomp at bit - Apex has been a fun game but is equally as frustrating.

End of the day, I just hope they have changed the netcode and are pro active with the anti cheats as that essentially drove me away from this game completely.

12. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

unlocks tomorrow. i haven't seen it on shelves yet.

13. c4dderly

c4dderly Member

No need to hoard any missions, I hit level 30 with no grind and a few side missions left but completed quite a few projects and open world objectives.

14. MrBS

MrBS Member

Meanwhile I'm level 6. Well done!

I switched over to DX12 last night and sure enough the reported crashes started happening to me. I hope that's fixed soon because performance for sees a modest boost on DX12.

15. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I might buy it from jb and just install overnight with my Internet the way that it is.... Slow.

16. Frag

Frag Member

You'll end up getting a 42gb update anyhow haha

17. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

If I just register the code on uplay then it downloads the game straight, yes?

18. dinkleton

dinkleton Member

Just bought from Greenman for $74. Not a bad price really for instant activation!

Preloading now. Unlocks at midnight tonight yes?

If anyone is keen for some games add me on Uplay, details in sig. I think I've played a few times with a few of you in this thread, but never really got heavily into Div 1 as I started quite late.

19. OP
    OP
    Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

00:00 AEDT, so work out locally from there.

[​IMG]

20. Frag

Frag Member

Hmm so 9pm it will unlock in WA :p Sweet, 2 games of apex and then boom :)