Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Sphinx2000, Mar 9, 2018.

1. MrBS

MrBS Member

Indeed, private beta was very smooth if its more of the same with open beta I might give it a miss, I did everything possible the first time around, going to sting redoing that content in the final game as is!

Well if I have to log in to get some bonus unlock bizzo I'll see you there :p

2. Azrael

Azrael Member

Im out for the open beta, away for the weekend, but will log in from the laptop to unlock stuff if we get to. Looking forward to the main release, and currently grinding the Div1 shields in preparation.

3. MrBS

MrBS Member

Clans are in Division 2 and appear to be quite full featured. Woo.

4. neds 5 alarm chilli

neds 5 alarm chilli Member

Got this and DMC 5 when I bought the RX580, actually looking forward to playing this one, always liked the idea of the first game but it seemed to take way too long to turn out good. Fingers crossed this one is great off the bat.

5. hvalac

hvalac Member

OCAU clan anyone?

If anyone decided to make a clan add me, hvalac_au is my ubi acc name. I would make one but tbh I'm lazy as fuck when it involves maintaining anything.
    Nice little buy there, how you're enjoying the card.

6. MrBS

MrBS Member

I'm up for a casual clan, checked out open beta, have to progress through demo from scratch after the closed so I wont be bothering, see you at release!

7. nugget28

nugget28 Member

Keen to hear peoples thoughts after 2 rounds of the beta!

I was super hyped for the first one and smashed through it only to have the same problems as everyone else in the end game. Coming round to number 2 and i just feel like im playing the exact same game again and not finding it as enjoyable this time around. The enemies are hardly varied from the first apart from some small mechanics with the only real difference coming with the new faction and their robots. There is definately some QoL improvements added but I found myself enjoying the Anthem beta much more (maybe because it was just a new game with a new setting), obviously though that has its own problems its needs to sort out.

I feel while this is doing everything alot better than anthem gameplay wise its just not as fun (this is purely based on having played both betas, havent played the full release of Anthem).

8. neds 5 alarm chilli

neds 5 alarm chilli Member

Really liking the card, however it seems a lot noisier then my old one. I play with headphones on though so it's no big deal.

9. Alkahestic

Alkahestic Member

After playing both betas, I think the gameplay definitely scratches the itch. Still a bit concerned about the technical state of the game. I had one group of enemies spawn behind a closed door and the theatre settlement had the wrong audio cues triggered. Might still be a day 1 purchase for me though, at least Massive made a respectable game out of TD1. And I'm still pretty keen to play

The Anthem demo was enough for me - maybe it'll get better in time but the gunplay was just so unsatisfying, the load screens took forever and were so frequent, somehow the map was both pretty and so dull at the same time.

10. hvalac

hvalac Member

Just remember there is a promotion, if you pre purchase the game you can choose another game.
    I'm unsure if it's all game sites that sell the division 2 or just select ones though.

11. OP
    OP
    Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Meh, I just can't get in to 3rd person only shooters, maybe it's my lack of console play, but the character always in the way until you ADS is annoying, being able to unrealistically see around walls and obstructions with the camera is stupid, etc, just feels not for me. FPS only for life I think.

Leave third person for non shooter games, like MMOs, RPGS/ARPGs, MOBAS, Platformers and shit like that (or kids shooters like Fortnite or Roblox. :p)

12. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

I don't feel that the division 2 is ready for release after playing the beta. It feels like it needs about a year or so of polish much like the first game. They changed a few things around but it's not significant enough to warrant the initial time/financial investment again. It just feels like the first game set in another city.

Mobs are just as bullet hell spongey and the dark zone is just... well the same concept. If you don't like the dz in the first game you won't like this one i'm afraid.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  13. Frag

Frag Member

I can't see how you can say that Div 2 is starting like Div 1 did? There are a heap of end game activities right off the bat, more than Div 1 had at the end and they seem to be pretty fun. The main issue with Div 1 was the end game. And at the start it was essentially just the DZ, this is not the case at all in Div 2, besides the dynamic end game map, you have a heap of game modes on offer and more than enough variety to suit most tastes! If you listen to the podcasts, or any trailers and forums you'll see their biggest focus for Div 2 was the end game. The endgame in Div 1 is now excellent just lacks players and if 2 beats this then there will be 100's of hours to sink your teeth into.

As for the bullet sponge, its meant to be an RPG so you will either accept this or you don't and thats just personal preference. I said it in a post before, I thought the NPCs felt "right" in terms of their health. With a good build and weapons they went down very quick with the tank mobs being the only ones that really took any time.

And well the DZ, I love it. Again personal preference and as you say, if you didnt like the first you wont like the second. Im definitely going to get the game, however the pricing is just beyond a joke at the moment. I mean $139 or similar for game with the yr 1 content is pretty outrageous.

Oh well either way, looking forward to this.

14. KuNFuSHuN

KuNFuSHuN Member

All year 1 content is free, there is no need to buy the gold or higher tier versions. Gold edition simply gets you a couple of days head start at launch and a few days early for the year 1 content. Other things like extra stash space is something all players will get as they play through the game, you simply just have extra stash space at the start fo the game.

The only reason to get gold edition is if you want to get a 2 days head start at launch or i think its 7 days head start of the DLC content and a few other extra lore quests and bounties if I remember correctly. There is information on the web now that has more info about this stuff.

Regarding the spongy enemies, from what ive seen and read, 1-2 party isnt too bad but it gets spongy when there are 3 or more in the party.

Pinkeh likes this.
  15. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Oh you can take out the bosses with the sniper rifle no problem solo. It's spongey as heck in a full group, and on the harder difficulties. We had four people empty their light machine guns into a boss in that end game scenario, and it did nothing.

16. Frag

Frag Member

GOod to know, I only played in a group of 2 maybe why I didnt think there was an issue.

17. hvalac

hvalac Member

I take it you don't generally play rgp's?
    That's generally how it is in all rgp's when entering a fight underpowered.

18. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

I don't think we were "underpowered" in the end game scenario test though? That was supposed to be the end game test (yellows and purple gear) for the scenario. I mean the gear secondary attributes were not optimal, but we melted the trash as a full group, but then struggled hard against a boss that absorbed all of our damage. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  19. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Launch trailer...

20. Frag

Frag Member

Looking good, can't wait :)