Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Sphinx2000, Mar 9, 2018.

1. AERO

AERO Member

im thinking of getting it
    like seriously.

2. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Keen to see how this pans out, and to see if the hard and painful fucking work of D1 flows and continues into D2. I won't be a labrat this time.

Pinkeh likes this.
  3. kbekus

kbekus Member

heh. D1 seemed to be on track at launch, but the wheels had really fallen off by patch 1.3. The creative director had left Massive a few months before release and I wonder if this lack of direction caused such chaos? Things like 4 piece set bonuses being completely reworked and item balance being shifted constantly was very tiresome, let alone the easily exploitable net code (who the fuck trusts the client?) It's easy to say but I really hope they've got their shit together in terms of direction with D2. I reckon I'll be picking it up, I loved D1 which by the end with patch 1.8 was a really good game. Shame it had completely driven away it's user base by that point.

4. OP
    OP
    Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Dammit, as feared.

5. Azrael

Azrael Member

The armour mechanic in D2 works quite differently to other games. The big bosses and armoured goons have distinct armour plates that you need to break through to be able to deal damage to the boss. This requires the group to concentrate fire on a specific armour location, or you will be each trying to damage different plates. I saw this happen with one group i was with where two guys were targeting the back, and one the front. Once we all focused on the single place he went down quite quickly. This is also a big thing with the LMG as the bullet spread means you hit quite a few different plates when you are full auto.

Sustained focused fire and they go down quick.

You fear wrong. As a game it is a sequel, so it will naturally feel similar. But the game mechanics are much improved and the endgame variety is hugely expanded.

But hey, as you said earlier you hate 3PS, so feel free to take the one negative post as confirmation for your bias/fears

6. power

power Member

better off waiting for a free weekend down the track, seriously the original game was tweaked, balanced and more loot/content was included down the track - just as with all service games this will be a much better game in a few months. It'll also be cheaper.

7. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Good idea. I'm definitely in for a try-before-you-buy approach.

8. power

power Member

that's exactly what i did with the first one. I did buy it on the special at the time after the weekend but if i'm honest i probably could have gotten all the value i actually wanted just from that weekend.

and ubisoft now have a pattern of free weekends.

division
    ghost recon wildlands
    rainbow six seige

have all had free weekends, usually they are mature have established player bases and most of their content and are cheaper or on sale at this point.

9. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I'm just going to attempt to buy it with a russian VPN on Uplay as its a worldwide multilanguage copy.

10. Alkahestic

Alkahestic Member

Well, after the open beta, I am in. The gameplay is fun and I'm hoping they keep on top of bug fixes. Frag, is your discord still up? I have been AWOL too long :(

11. c4dderly

c4dderly Member

pc preload is live

12. MrBS

MrBS Member

Got my code, preloading now woo.

Also Devil May Cry V is awesome ;)

13. Azrael

Azrael Member

Managed to do this tonight, now ready for The Division 2.
    [​IMG]

14. MrBS

MrBS Member

Respect!

This casual wont get there but looking forward to Division 2.

15. KuNFuSHuN

KuNFuSHuN Member

Anyone planning on starting a clan and accept non-OCAU members (friends of ocau members)?

16. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

How bad is the MTX in it? P2W or just cosmetic?

17. Azrael

Azrael Member

Just cosmetic... unless you are a serious in-game ro sham bo emoter.

(which I must admit we had a very entertaining in-game game of in the Survival waiting lobby last night)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  18. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

I probably should've tried the open beta, no clue if I'll like this game. For the price though not worth the gamble.

19. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Its not worth the risk unless you are planning to play it with friends, or you've played previously.

20. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

What about down the line when it's heavily discounted? Destiny 2 was pretty dead when I tried it late into it's release.