1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Clancy's The Division

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Scroosh, Jun 13, 2013.

1. connico

connico Member

looks smaller in real life boys...

2. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Peak playerbase is close to going under 10k, I'm not sure if it's GG or not. They better hurry with 1.2 and better make it good. Servers appear to be down too, or maybe they aren't. Regardless, it's a good time to farm DZ right now :lol:

[​IMG]

Smaller in real life, but larger than life? :thumbup:

3. kbekus

kbekus Member

How much difference is there between 30k skill power and 45k? I've got 4 piece Tactician and with maybe 2 piece Striker will sit at 130k/75k/30k @ 62%.

4. Frag

Frag Member

For PvE - ie incursions you will pretty much have your tacticians 100% procced so your 30k becomes 60k - anything over 45k only really affects cooldowns.

I personally run 45k but I wanted my tacticians for PvP as well (I suck at stickybombs), in PvP its a little more challenging to actually get your 4pce tacticians to do anything.

With my 45k at full 90k buff each and every cooldown is 20secs - so smart cover, pulse etc are up 100% without having to worry about brining cooldowns down any further. Im actually trying to drop to 30k so I can bring my 75k health with that gear to 90k or more @ 65.

So end of the day it will depend what you build for :)

5. AERO

AERO Member

just had free regin on te dz1 area in the 0-160 bracket lvl 30 :), had extracted about 10 yellows, bit stressy, getting to the point where level 30 purples and yellows are easy, 31's a bit harder and 32's impossible (well yellow is)

im sitting at 145 gear score atm, have doe a few missions on hardmode, guessing i keep doing this to get phoenix points etc... most my items are near yellow so thats alright, just need to replace my purple lvl 26 aug but nothing has come close. thought about just saving phoenix points and getting one of the craftables.

6. Jawar

Jawar Member

Add me and feel free to join me in the DZ if you see me around. In the last week i've pulled over 200 HE bits out and junked 99% of them. Will mean you go up a bracket but its ok as would be atleast 2 of us.

Options for weapon
    - Run hard mode police academy, end guy drops weapons
    - Run challenge Russian consulate (if you can), end guy drops weapons
    - BP from BoO

If you have a low end weapon, police academy might be the easiest way especially if you can solo it which should be able to.

uplay name: jawar.au

7. kilebantick

kilebantick Member

New to this game, picked it up tonight and a few of my mates showed me around and I had a really rather good time.

Is anyone else maxing out their CPU's with this?

Minimum settings I'm sitting at 100% CPU usage on a 3770k@4.5Ghz with 25% GPU Usage on each of my 7970's getting between 50-100FPS

Medium settings I'm sitting at 100% CPU usage on a 3770k@4.5Ghz with ~40% GPU usage on each of my 7970's getting between 40-80FPS

Maximum settings I'm sitting at 100% CPU usage on a 3770k@4.5Ghz with ~60% GPU usage on each of my 7970's getting between 30-50FPS

Is it REALLY that CPU bonkers and that's what holding back my graphics cards from full utilization?

I honestly never thought I'd see a day where my 3770k would run into issues with a game, ever!

8. P00peyes

P00peyes Member

So I'm running into less and less cheaters these days but we ran into one yesterday so we were giving him a bit of grief.

Managed to get a little clip of him coming after us after a random in our server took him out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ic0F3aTnjo

9. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Still grinding my way to DZ 75.

Its actually quick relaxing and fun when their arent any hackers around.

Hopefully by the time that happens 1.2 will drop and move PvE end game stuff is available.

Might just horde my mats and cash for 1.2, to see what they change. Dont want to invest all my DZ fun bucks in a weapon that is gonna be shite when it releases.

10. KuNFuSHuN

KuNFuSHuN Member

last night my mates and i (party of 3) decided we would go on a rogue killing spree. We ran into a group of 4 hackers, we got wrecked from the hackers crazy bullet spray even when we popped the defensive link ulti. After that we closed the game gg.

11. Frag

Frag Member

Ran DZ last night with a group that just plays for PvP, we were on manhunt 80% of the time. Had 3 DPS and I went skills for the session. Decimated everyone and we were accused of hacking. Had 100CHD/50CHC from Pulse plus Smart Cover boost... was crazy DPS. Ie with smart cover they had DPS of 350k+ on paper then add the Pulse Damage on top.

Didnt run into any hackers fortunately, though I have seen one so far that I know was hacking - tele'd away after being downed. I am guessing Aim Bots will be the order of the day now but hopefully with sentry change they will not be such an issue.

Disable crossfire, the game preforms worse with it on. Now to disable you will need to add a separate profile for the TheDivision.exe or it wont disable.

CPU wise, I noticed weird things going on with my CF enabled. CF and SLi for that matter are broken in this game. I must say on one 290x though I get a sold 60+ on medium/High, definitely more consistent frames so feels so much smoother.

12. AERO

AERO Member

How do you show your frame rates? Or external program ahow you like fraps?

13. Frag

Frag Member

Uplay has option to turn it on, I just use that.

14. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

DZ still at waste of time for me atm...ppl just manipulate their GS to fit in wat bracket they want and still one shot you. And with the buff to going rogue..everyone just goes rogue so you cant farm for 5 minutes til some random one shots you...and thats the bad thing..you need to go into the DZ and farm to buy certain BP and such. Basically endgame for me has hit a brick wall at the moment

Tried falcon lost on the weekend...how u guys get decent ppl everytime you do random matchmaking and finish it..... Ive done it about 11 times and everytime got a noob team that has no idea what to do, their GS is too low, or you get a team which is going fine..you get to like wave 13/14 and instead of just doing what we been doing for the last 20 odd minutes...they become retarded..run somewhere on the other side of the map, died, and you cant get there to revive them..GG....so much time wasted with no reward.

Im left with repeating dailies and challenging missions to get anywhere to the late/end game, which still wont happen cause i need to go to DZ to buy shit...so boring and frustrating :(

Only highlight of the game for me atm...still rolling an alt at lvl 24, and wrecking ppl in the DZ...so much for going lvl 30...waste of time..so sad

15. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

As a general rule, if they have GS under 185 for HM i leave the group.
    The 140 GS barrier is WAAYYYY too low.

Once you get people above that GS they tend to have done it before, or atleast know what they are doing.

16. Jazz

Jazz Member

Haven't finished FL or incursion yet, as I have only tried with random teams that always fail.

Gear score is 167 and I cannot get any higher, no matter what. What am I doing wrong? Is it just a matter of farming in higher DZs?

17. Unframed

Unframed Member

I got to 178 just using the GS blueprints at the BoO.

18. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Challenge Mode missions.

The stuff there is 182 GS or higher.

You can also buy the blue prints for the set items off the BoO vendor. That stuff is GS 214 i think.

Once you have that, FL HM is the way to go.

Im GS 198 or something and FL CM is fucking impossible :shock::mad:

19. korbain

korbain Member

That was my experience. Gave it another go a few times last week, my GS is like 175ish...so i decided to go the DZ4 (or it could be DZ3, one of them) to get some gear. Just fuckheads going rogue everywhere, 1-2 shot killing our group.

That is fine, going rogue is part of the game. Frustrating thing is, all these groups of 4 where GS220+ just destroying people that have no chance against them. I had 2 people in my group that were of about GS202 with decent gear, still no chance.

There was a time you had a stand off and it was a 50/50 if someone would go rogue, was intense and fun. It's all the time now because these groups are so powerful they barely lose. It's also probably because they have nothing left to do in the game except going in and annoy everyone else.

Its an unbalanced mess the DZ. The incursion does nothing for me either, so all i have left is the dailies. I've never had problems finishing the challenging dailies, for some reason now every fucking group boots me (probably because gear score isn't in the 200's).

Sad thing is, i do enjoy the game besides all that. I just seem to meet dickheads all the time in it now that either boot me because they're elitists or be OP trolls in the DZ. It was fun while it lasted i guess lol

20. Oxygenation

Oxygenation Member

tried farming dz on the weekend, but there were hackers everywhere :upset: ... lvl5 rogues tele & 1 shot killing ...